http://www.politicalcompass.org/

I'm a left-liberal.

Economic Left/Right: -5.31
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -7.28

Left Liberal
    Economic Left/Right: -3.88
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.92

Shit. I'm Robin Cook circa 1996.

Although I'm curious as to exactly how Hitler managed to answer an internet questionnaire, since he's been dead for the last 50 years. Or living in a council flat near Twerton, depending on who you believe.

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: redshift ]

If you could get Hitler and Stalin to sit down together and avoid economics, the two diehard authoritarians would find plenty of common ground."

like genocide.

Left-liberalLibertarian.

Economic Left/Right: -3.88
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -7.64

Hmm, I sense something of a pattern here...

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Morte ]
    Don't trust the skull.

Well, surprise surprise, I'm a left-liberal

Economic Left/Right: -3.27
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.70
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]

Left/Libertranian*.

Economic Left/Right: -5.31
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.07

Surprise, surprise. I'm one of those commie, pinko faggots I've been hearing so much about.

(I tend to think my Libertaraian is a little lower than you might expect due to a couple of borderline fascist opinions I hold)

KG

*Which most of you seem to be counting as left/liberal. Some people here are far nearer
    Libertranian than centre. (Looks at Col, Morte and Tim)

I call myself left-liberal because once, long ago, I took a test on a similar site got a similar score and pronoced my Left-liberal, which is shorter than Left-Libertaraian.

Economic Left/Right: -3.27
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.24

No surprises...

Oops. Well, that´s what you get for being a lazy copy-and-paste ass.

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: Morte ]

I would say some of the questions are a bit weighted towards the left. I mean how many people are going to agree with this:

"Social workers waste their time trying to rehabilitate those who are simply born bad."

Maybe its just that to me left makes more sense. Economic Left/Right: -4.90
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.55
    'An anarchist is a liberal with a bomb'

Trotsky

But you are a liberal. Of course the rightwing neo-nazi option didn't appeal to you, you wouldn't be a liberalist (or whatever) if it did.

It's all about perception. man.

[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: redshift ]
    <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">r</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">e</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">d</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">s</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">h</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">i</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">f</SPAN> <SPAN STYLE="background-color:#000080; color:#000080">t</SPAN>
    0 1 0 1 1 0 0

Originally posted by Phobia:
    I would say some of the questions are a bit weighted towards the left. I mean how many people are going to agree with this:

"Social workers waste their time trying to rehabilitate those who are simply born bad."

Maybe its just that to me left makes more sense.
    It is. Some people actually /do/ think that some people are born bad, or believe that you can be born a criminal or whatever. It's wrong, not entirely absured.

Economic Left/Right: -7.14
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.35

Commie!

You don't _know_ it's wrong, you just think it's wrong. There's no evidence for or against the motion. If you're Christian then you _shouldn't_ believe that people's disposition can be predetermined (even though most do) but anyone who isn't Christian (or of some other religion) has no business stating the "correctness" of the subject.

Originally posted by Count Hans von Hekeldicht:
    You don't _know_ it's wrong, you just think it's wrong. There's no evidence for or against the motion. If you're Christian then you _shouldn't_ believe that people's disposition can be predetermined (even though most do) but anyone who isn't Christian (or of some other religion) has no business stating the "correctness" of the subject.
    Oh dear. I though you were smarter than this. Not that it isn't true, it's just that one simply shouldn't have to say it.

It's not like I'm going to stuff my writing full of little disclaimers like "In my opinion" just in case someone is dumb enough I'm trying ot pass of an obvious opinion has absolute truth.

I see what you lot mean. My views are obviously a combination of my parents; my father is pyshchiatrist and my mother was a social worker so it appears the bias is within me to see complete nonsense in that quoted statement. Cos if it was correct, both my parents would have wasted their careers.
    'An anarchist is a liberal with a bomb'

Trotsky

And my opinions are clearly the combination of my parents, God and Lucifer*. This means I'm all powerful and always right. And wrong.

KG

*Or Lucy as she prefers to be called

What you're failing to take into account, Tim, is that the internet is stuffed full of morons who don't realise that an opinion is an opinion. Anyone who DOES really ought to point that out instead of making value judgements based on them.

Originally posted by Count Hans von Hekeldicht:
    What you're failing to take into account, Tim, is that the internet is stuffed full of morons who don't realise that an opinion is an opinion. Anyone who DOES really ought to point that out instead of making value judgements based on them.

Oh yeah yeah. I'm really going to waste my time typing out three whole words for the benefit of some lamer who needs the difference between an opinion and a fact pointed out for him. These people deserve to be confused.

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Tim Was Already Taken ]

But Tim, you do have a rather irritating habit of spouting your often quite contentious opinions as fact, and then being sneering and supercilious to anyone who disagrees with you. Intellectual arrogance is a most unnattractive trait in an intelligent person.
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]

Obviously not, Col. Cute eyes and a nice bottom is an attractive trait.

KG

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Brem_X_Jones ]

Contentious opinions like "Evolution is a fact"...

But it's not a fact, Tim. It's a theory. A good theory, but a theory nevertheless.

(Unless you mean "Change in nature" is a fact, in which case you're right. I'm taking your "Evolutionis a fact" as "Evolution through natural selection is a fact")

KG

Oh dont fucking start that again.

Get over yourself.

Listen to the guy with a degree in biology.
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]