TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: CLUB: Shameless Self-Promotion

CLUB: Shameless Self-Promotion

I'm putting on a clubnight in London.

NOISE: PopMusicArtSweets

From the team behind Bleedmusic.com, NOISE is a monthly night of music and dancing and pretty pictures and free candy. Launching Sunday October 21, it takes place every third Sunday of the month at the Electricity Showrooms (in super-trendy Shoreditch, but don't let that put you off).

Other than the howdy doody bunch of residents, including Stevie Chick (NME), Joanne Borshell (Supernature), Phillip Mlynar (HHC, Fat Lace) and Craig Leckie (MSM Records, Sleazenation), every month will feature a DJ set from what we like to call 'a big name'. Following in the fine footsteps of Kieran Hebden (Fridge, Four Tet)'s motorik mesh of avant-pop and wired electronica at our launch night earlier this year is Max Tundra, who will be setting things up with a messy mix of the gouging glitch, skittering samples and bleeding edge confusadelica proffered ably by last year's "Some Friend You Turned Out To Be" album on the Domino imprint.

Future months will see Roots Manuva and a certain old rocker from The Who taking control of the decks in similarly offbeat, on-point style. The residents themselves play a mix of stunningly good music, whether it's Eddie Bo-era funk, Larry Levan-era disco, Cold Chillin'-era hip-hop, any modern band with a name as good as Baby Huey and The Babysitters, or hell, Ludacris mashed up with NWA, Britney Spears, Ghostface, Big Black, The Specials, Chic, Techno Animal, Rakim and the Boards of Canada. Eclecticism is a brush we'll inevitably be tarred with, but it's as wrongheaded as the soul-less chinstrokers with which such nights are usually festooned. Besides, we'd prefer to just call it fun.

NOISE is your Sunday nights, and Monday mornings, never being the same
    again. Join us.

NOISE: PopMusicArtSweets
    The Electricity Showrooms
    39a Hoxton Square, N1
    Old Street Tube
    5pm-12midnight
    Free admission
    Free sweets

Disseminate essential information.

I should be there. Sneering, in my Bobby Chaos persona.

KG

Everyone should be there.

I will be revelling in my newly-single status. And so should my lovely new best-friend (read: ex-girlfriend).

Curious. I shall endeavour to be present. Yes. Maybe.

Cool. Should be a good night, and we're already speaking to some fine people about next month's one.

Dress up cool. It is only right that the bleeding edge of videogame theory should be seen in the bleeding edge of music criticism's nights.

Yes.

KG

Sounds interesting. Unfortunately I cant go. But i hope it goes well for you, I did a fair bit of club night promotion a few years back and I wouldnt wish that sinking feeling of a half empty club and a big name DJ to pay on anyone.
    colcob
    The Narcissus Entity
    [!]

Originally posted by Brem_X_Jones:
    It is only right that the bleeding edge of videogame theory should be seen in the bleeding edge of music criticism's nights.
    I'm flattered.

I was talking about me.

KG

p.s. Joking, sweetie.

'Course, love. Now how does one "dress" "cool"?

If one has to ask...

Flannel shirts, sensible shoes, white socks, pull your trousers up into your armpits. The girls 'll come a flockin'

You forgot the 'clitoris jacket'.

Originally posted by Chris Houghton:
    If one has to ask...
    ...then one knows no discernible difference between casual and cool. And in fact is determined never to let it worry him.

[sticks out tongue]

Right right. I CAN come. But not till later, on account of my uncle being Udayan Prasad, director of Gabriel and Me, premiering tonight. So. Late, then.