TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T2 FM: Profane Ascension (July 13th, 2004)

Oh, sweet, it's nice to hear about people still playing the FM so many years after its release. Thanks for posting this!

Also, thanks for your kind words. I don't know how well this FM rates compared to the others and I probably wouldn't go that far with the praise, but hey, I'm not complaining! I know I must have done something right, and I agree with the pros and cons that you mentioned there.

I'm not sure if the story itself is all that great (it's a bit cliché and it doesn't make so much sense sometimes), but I'm quite proud of how it's being told during the mission and how it's being revealed to the player a little by little. A big thanks goes to Izeman for the briefing video of course, he did an awesome job with just a couple of screenshots that I sent to him and the recorded narrative!

You're absolutely right about the graphics too, I was never completely satisfied with that part of my FM, but I thought it looked somewhat decent at the time, so I was okay with it. Apart from the few essential custom objects and AI skins, I don't think I used any custom resources, so yes, the mission looks a bit crude in many ways.

Oh, and the "explosive effect" of the holy sword - that was actually a "bug" that I was never able to fix, although in the end I didn't even bother trying to fix it, as I actually thought that it's a good thing! You can avoid getting hurt by keeping your distance to the undead, and by dodging backwards when the zombies blow up in pieces, but I guess you need a little luck there too. However, it prevents the mission from being total hack'n'slash, so I guess that's a good thing... (or is it? )

And finally, yes, this is indeed sadly my only released T2 project... But you know what, I'm going to launch Dromed right now after a few months break and work on my eternity project a little.

Thanks (again)!

Archivist
    You're welcome Tomi Every FM, no matter how old, deserves a bump once in a while. Glad you appreciate my little review. Hopefully those who never played it before give it a go sometime.

Yes the zombie exploding "bug" isn't a bad thing at all . Thanks for those tips to circumvent being hurt by all these flying remnants.

It's good to hear you've pick up dromEd again