TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: So Long Hammers (Aug. 9, 2004)

I got the vault open but I cant get the blast door ajacent to it open. Am I supposed to open it? And where is the cistern? Is behind the blast door?
    Last edited by metal dawn; 11th Aug 2004 at 15:08.

I don't believe that door opens, at least as far as I can tell. The cistern is
    spoiler:
    through a smaller door off of one of the other rooms in the basement.

metal dawn:

I don't think you want to open that door adjacent to the vault. It contains one of those dang steam-blowing, stomping, bomb-throwing robots. I found out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by joanieS
    metal dawn:

I don't think you want to open that door adjacent to the vault. It contains one of those dang steam-blowing, stomping, bomb-throwing robots. I found out the hard way.

I suspected as much.

LOL! Don't you hate those things? How did you open it?

prbly let the camera see em

This FM design is very well done. I really like the layout. I'm stuck and don't know what to do next.
    spoiler:
    I've been inside the vault.

This pic is sort of a spoiler Pic 153

have you been into the cistern?

its
    spoiler:
    on the other side from the vault, a single metal door

I'm just getting into this one today , quite a challenging little beast . After blathering on in another thread about how easy the AIs were getting , I have to say those marble floors do wonders to even up the score . Thanks again Burrick .

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf421
    have you been into the cistern?

its
    spoiler:
    on the other side from the vault, a single metal door
    Ooohh. hehe. I haven't been there. Off I go...

Edit: I need help finding the key
    spoiler:
    to the cistern. I've been to the water area near the vault, and two others upstairs.

I found it.
    Last edited by john9818a; 11th Aug 2004 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    Ooohh. hehe. I haven't been there. Off I go...

Edit: I need help finding the key
    spoiler:
    to the cistern. I've been to the water area near the vault, and two others upstairs.

I found it.
    The cistern key can be got by. going to the third floor, to the bedroom you can enter, exit out of the window and jump down onto the roof and mantle across to the other side, go into window into a bedroom with double doors, find a switch and enter secret entrance.

Thanks Shadows, I have been through there before. After returning I found the key.

Thanks, RofB! Had a lot of fun with this one. Now I just gotta go back and find the other 4 secrets!

A very, well done mission!

I had alot of fun with this one , but holy shit - all 7 secrets found and still 83 short on loot

I found out about the attack robot next to the vault by doing one of my gangbuster modes. Sometimes when I am stuck I just go for broke and run right into the problem area. Its surprising how often this works. However, this time it didn't.

A nice little diddy. I had fun. Thank you. Had not played a new mission for a while. Been busy with voice work and Splinter Cell for the last few weeks.

Speaking of Voice work, Garret's voice, for the clips that were new, were very well done in this one.

Ok I made it to the
    spoiler:
    hammer chapel and have the Lanazar's stone. I made it up to the second level, and "disabled" the two haunts. I read the note about the spell being placed on an outside door. The hammer priest on the first floor has his nose pressed against the wall and no longer notices me no matter what I do.

How do I get the portculis open?

I figured it out.
    Last edited by john9818a; 13th Aug 2004 at 18:23.

Fab Mission.

I have just spend 3 hours enjoying myself with this mission.
    I loved every minut of it and this mission was well worth missing a good nights sleep.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Fantastic!!! You've packed a lot into a little mission Ramirez's old fat Burrick. And dispite the fact that I'm in dire need of a good neck massage from constantly having to look up, sideways, down, low, high for fear of missing a clue, loot or secret, I thorughly enjoyed myself. Thanks for making us think outside of the box. And speaking of missions ... those big 3 are still not out yet ... and it only took you three weeks to create this masterpiece ... so I, among many others, am wondering ...

I just read the Contest 5 results and now I know why your name was familiar! You made The Focus, which was, IMHO, the absolute best contest mission I've ever played! No wonder this one is so much fun!

I really enjoyed this mission ROFB, thanks alot. Having a bit of difficulty getting back across the bridge but I'll figure it out when I get back on it hopefully. Neatly done mission and thanks again!

Cistern Key Location

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    The cistern key can be got by. going to the third floor, to the bedroom you can enter, exit out of the window and jump down onto the roof and mantle across to the other side, go into window into a bedroom with double doors, find a switch and enter secret entrance.

The cistern key is easy to miss ( I missed it first time round), so the exact location of the key is:
    Enter the next room via the secret entrance and stand with your back to the wall (the secret entrance is behind you), the table with the letter will be on the left, the table with the books on the right. Look to the bookcase on the left and in the right hand corner about half way down there is a small ledge and the key is sitting in this recess.

So Long Hammers

This is a brilliant FM! Really enjoying it. Probably me being really stupid but where
    spoiler:
    are the Builders Notes? I've been to the chapel and have the gem - but can't think of any other area I haven't visited

Thanks in anticipation, taffers!