Early Performance Tips by Null - Some general design tips to keep the framerate woes at bay.
- Mission Design: Environmental - Environmental things the player sees but doesn't directly interact with, such as fog, water and emitters.
- Mission Design: World Objects - Physical items that the player can interact with, like static meshes, books, ladders and elevators. Also contains two subcategories - Doors, Locks and Keys and Physicalizing Objects.
- Mission Design: Gameplay - The systems that shape how the player plays the level - objectives, fences, power-ups and inventory objects.
- Mission Design: Sound - Quite simply, tutorials on adding sound to your level, both ambient loops and event-based.
- Mission Design: Scripting - Scripting defines the mechanics of a mission - what happens when the player frobs object X or enters room Y.
- Mission Design: Lighting - Again, quite simply all things to do with lights, their properties, placement and types.
- Mission Design: AI - Placing AI, customising them, giving them patrol paths, navmesh manipulation and so on.