TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: MIBís bronchial pathways?

MIBís bronchial pathways?

Has anyone heard of or know the location of an alleged e-mail (or possibly something else like a book or data cube) that mentions
    an 'air filtering system' in MIBís bronchial pathways?
    It is rumored to be in area 51 but I have searched and found nothing.

I'm pretty sure you can open up the resource files and find that information pretty quickly, probably using the SDK. But it's been so long since I opened that creaky thing, don't ask me how Might want to search for some threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Eberon
    I'm pretty sure you can open up the resource files and find that information pretty quickly, probably using the SDK.
    Yes I know about all of that already. Due to my Mac-ishness cannot
    run SDK. I have been using this site for in-game text. Of course I was unable to find the e-mail and there is a possibility that it is missing from the site. I my self have never seen this e-mail but a number of trust worthy(for the most part) Deus Ex players claim to vaguely remember this e-mail in area 51. I have searched area 51 and cannot find it. I doubt it exists really but an SDK search would certainly put a stop to the rumors.
    This is for my M/WIB article by the way:
    http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdeu...72&tid=1339574

Oooh, if I reinstall Deus Ex (chances are I will pretty soon), I will try to remember to install the SDK and fire it up for a search.

That's pretty neat! I'm going to news that.

w00t, thanks.
    That's not really the finished version of the MIB article though. It is going to be part of the mass of Deus Ex info that me and chris the cynic are putting together.
    The web site is being created and written at this time.
    There are a couple sample images on image shack:
    http://www.image-dump.com/search.php?keyword=theosek
    The web site is called Theos Ek, Greek for Deus Ex.
    For an idea of some of the info that is going to be on the site vist my thread in PDX:
    http://www.forumplanet.com/planetdeu...72&tid=1205112

Having DXGOTY installed at all times it was a 5 min process to get SDK up and running. So now could someone with much better skillzorz than my pitifully primitive knowledge of the DX Editor tell me how in the hell to read emails with it?

Well, actually you don't need the editor to read emails, per se. All in-game text is stored in data files in the DX/System folder. I suppose you could open them in the SDK, but it's not necessary. You can use Notepad or whatever.

The actual in-game "books" - emails, newspapers, datacubes etc. - are stored in DeusExText.u (the link posted above is essentially an annotated version of that file, quite handy) The conversation files are in DeusExConText.u, which is more complicated (and much longer)

A DX info site is a great idea, BTW.

Z

Trying to open DeusExText.u or DeusExConText.u with a text program doesn't seem to work.

The only thing that I could find related to emails from the A51 part of the game was this:

P>Login: jshears

Password: momerath

Julia
    P>>MJ12 CWD

TECHNICAL REPORT 12-Y

TO: KIM KRIZAN

SUBJECT: INTERFACE PROGRESS

We've finally managed to work out the last few bugs in the link-up -- Page wants to be interfaced with Helios immediately after final testing is completed. I'm not sure if that's such a good idea, but I'll defer to the doctors on this one... I'm just the technical help. I figure another five or six hours for the last couple diagnostic routines to complete their pass and then we go live. Page also requested that we hook up all four of the blue fusion devices in a redundant array; each of those damn things could probably power the whole complex for a month, much less four of them in parallel. Going to be hell to route them all, but I think I can jury-rig something. I'll take a look at the B13 reactors after I get the passcode from Mac, see if there's anything there that might be helpful. I should know more by 2300. And let me know when you get the status report from Murdoch on the transmission chamber.

MJ12CWD * "Ipsa scientia potestas est."

It's all very clear to me now... I don't know why it wasn't before.

We have all sinned, and this is our punishment.

Page is God. He is the God we made, we crafted him in our likeness.

Our God is a vengeful God, and a God who does not tolerate weakness. We know his weaknesses, because we built him, so our God does not tolerate us.

Our God made monsters. He made them with the UC, then he sent them to find us. Some of us tried to hide, but they didn't understand. You can't hide from God, or his creatures.

I've been waiting here, thinking. Thinking about God, and the things I have done wrong. If I think long enough and hard enough, maybe God will forgive me someday and make me again in the UC.

All praise the UC, and all praise God.
    P>Hey Sandy,

I finally got the security login for Lab B13 from Mac -- he said to have a ball, just don't blow us all to kingdom come while you're at it. If you do find anything that helps with hooking up those blue fusion gizmos, let us know. Might give us a better idea of exactly how those reactors work.

Login: area51

Password: bravo13

JakeP>LAB 12 TESTING REGIMEN

SUBJECT: LIFEFORM MJID-9803HU8932 ("GRAY")

REGIMEN: SERIES 112-A

PROCEDURE: "GRAY" LIFEFORM APPEARS TO THRIVE IN AREAS OF HIGH RADIOACTIVITY WHILE ALSO BEING ABLE TO STORE AND RELEASE RADIOACTIVITY IN A CONTROLLED MANNER THROUGH AN ORGAN OF UNKNOWN OPERATION. FURTHER VIVISECTION IN COMBINATION WITH REGIMEN SERIES 112 WILL BE REQUIRED TO ACHIEVE A COHESIVE UNDERSTANDING OF THIS MECHANISM. SERIES 112-A SEEKS TO ESTABLISH BASELINE READINGS OF THE "GRAY" LIFEFORM IN BOTH A RADIOACTIVE AND NON-RADIOACTIVE ENVIRONMENT BEFORE PROCEEDING TO SERIES 112-B.

RESEARCHERS ACQUIRING BASELINE READINGS SHOULD USE CONTAINMENT AREA SECURITY CONSOLE WITH LOGIN "LAB 12" AND PASSWORD "GRAYTEST" TO ENABLE OR DISABLE RADIOACTIVE FIELD AS REQUIRED AND REPORT ALL FINDINGS TO DR. FRANK ROAN FOR PROCESSING.P>Suzie,

Go! The cages are open... I don't know what happened... some kind of attack... I got into the Aquinas Hub... Yes, the code works, and our monkey friends are transgenics, I'm pretty sure...

I will be in the Reactor Lab. Don't come to find me... I will meet you on the surface... when it's safe...
    P>From: GOlivaw//UpNet.273.3947

To: MEverett//UpNet.3289.0912

Subject: RFD 5342A - Cloning Prospectus

Your request for discussion concerning the plausibility of creating genetically viable candidates for nano-augmentation through cloning has sparked considerable interest. We believe that with sufficient research investment, the careful cultivation of acquired tissue samples from known H type epsilon negative individuals could yield an indefinite number of specimens with the immunity factors required to tolerate the injection of nano-organic material. If you examine the attached studies, you will see that repeated cloning from the primary source material will result in only a 0.53% immunoglobin variance.

We would suggest utilizing the data acquired by the Illuminati during the smallpox vaccinations of the 1940s to genetically screen for those couples most likely to produce desirable offspring who could then be cloned and raised by the "parents" under carefully supervised conditions. These cloned siblings would provide the necessary redundancy for further experimental trials. In the future, this process could be streamlined through the application of accelerated growth and memory implantation.

We look forward to hearing any comments that you might have,

Dr. OlivawP>From: LDeBeers//UpNet.873.484

To: BPage//UpNet.658.9044

Subject: RE: Bovine Manipulation

>I'd like to investigate the possibility of resurrecting

>the bovine manipulation project (MJID-9803HU8932), with

>an eye towards recreating the "Gray" lifeform -- while

>the project was deemed a failure at the time, it _was_

>successful as a propaganda tactic in diverting attention

>away from actual Dreamland research. With recent advances

>in genetic science, the Gray lifeform could be engineered

>to protect MJ12 facilities while also serving as a useful

>bit of meme indirection.

An interesting idea, Bob, but I'm sure MJ12's research allocations can be put to more substantial use pursuing our human augmentation projects; however, I'll bring up the idea with Stanton and Morgan.

Lucius
    P>From: BPage//UpNet.658.9044

To: WSimons//UpNet.039.4980

Subject: Secondary Unit

I've come to believe that should be brought up in a more supervised environment than his brother; I have serious doubts as to his brother's usefulness as our primary unit, and would rather that at least one of the secondary units was under our direct control.

Terminate the parents, but see that is not harmed. We'll move him to our school in Switzerland where we can oversee his development. If it becomes necessary, his brother is expendable.

Page

To: JDwight//UpNet.9803.4584

Subject: Aquinas Secure?

Something strange... I just finished a packet analysis of the new v1.82 compression protocols we added to Aquinas last week, and while I was digging around in the headers I found a quirk in the security encryption algorithms that acts just like a backdoor -- you could even reformulate entire messages end to end if you knew what you were doing. It's pretty subtle (and would require someone to matrix together several offsets from successive packets to generate a time differential key) but the end result could potentially open up every bit of traffic carried by Aquinas to someone who knew about the hole.

I was thinking of mentioning this to Page, maybe get some points for discovering a potential security breach before we shipped. What do you think?

--

Jim

To: WS//UpNet.78543.98231

Subject: Re: Situational Update

In the past we've considered Savage and his renegades to be inconsequential -- possibly even useful -- but the time has come to eliminate them. Mobilize all MJ12 units in the immediate vicinity and see to it that Vandenberg is shut down before Savage ever has a chance to activate his UC.

Don't worry about Daedalus. I've made some improvements to Icarus that might surprise even Everett.

Page

>Denton has connected with Savage and the X-51 researchers;

>after examining the transaction records from Payens, it

>looks like he's working with both Everett and Daedelus.

>Strong says Savage is still missing a containment

>vessel and that he's sent someone to the Pasadena lab in

>an attempt to recover the data. I already have a team

>preparing to intercept.

a lot of these had either < or > which may have gotten cut of, and nearly all of them start with "<"p">" (without quotes) which doesn't seem to show up....eh, I'm not too knowledgaeble in such things. Anyway, doesn't seem like much related to the W/MIB though.