TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Dungeons

Dungeons

I cant find a dungeon with decent light armor loot decides fort grief and i cleared that on the Cuaght in the hunt quest

The majority of loot in Oblivion is completely randomized and levelled to your.. erm... level. What you get relies on luck (not the attribute, just pure statistical luck). The higher your level, the better stuff you'll start finding. There's no one cave that holds a specific thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RyushiBlade
    There's no one cave that holds a specific thing.
    Caves/forts/ruins do have a certain type of enemies associated with them, you are of course not guaranteed that one of them or a chest has the excact item you're looking for. If a cave is filled with Necromancers in one game it will also be so in another, same for Bandits, Marauders, woodland creatures, Daedra or Conjurers.

Bandits almost always wear Light armor so you can try their caves if you can find them. Marauders almost always wear Heavy armor. There should be a cave a bit north of Leyawiin that has both and respawns every couple of days, can't recall the name right now though.

Charcoal Cave, near Pell's Gate along the road the Bravil/Leyawiin. The Bandit leader at the end wears the best light armor you can get for your level. He/She always has a good blunt weapon too if that is your thing. Be sure and check the locked chest in the same room as the leader for more goodies. Of course it's hit or miss, you may need to reload before entering the second level of the dungeon until you get what you want.
    The majority of loot in Oblivion is completely randomized and levelled to your.. erm... level. What you get relies on luck (not the attribute, just pure statistical luck). The higher your level, the better stuff you'll start finding. There's no one cave that holds a specific thing.
    Caves do seem to have the same categories of things, more specific than you would think. As I said, the bandit leader in Charcoal Cave always wears light armor and carries a blunt weapon. While the leader of the bandits in the fort right across the road from Pell's gate always wears heavy armor and carries a blade.

Someone should make a nifty list of the different combos and where they can be found. I'm light armor too but blunt weapons are useless to me except for selling.

I knew about caves having the same type of enemies, but I didn't know the bandits and such that inhabit them always wear the same class of armor. Pretty handy to know. I suppose that means the bandit which appears in Greyland Mansion (west of Leyawiin) always wears heavy armor too.

I knew about caves having the same type of enemies, but I didn't know the bandits and such that inhabit them always wear the same class of armor. Pretty handy to know. I suppose that means the bandit which appears in Greyland Mansion (west of Leyawiin) always wears heavy armor too.
    This has been my experience with the two dungeons I mentioned. I've never really kept track of any others. I clean out those dungeons repeatedly, everytime I'm in the neighborhood. For all I know it doesn't work for any other dungeon outside those two, but I bet there are at least several more that act the same way. Also, I've only noticed the armor and weapon type for the boss character, not for the "supporting characters." You may not notice it or it may not exist for bossless dungeons.

Someone would have to look it up in the CS to know for sure.

I can see it now.... "101 things you should know in the land of Oblivion" ....

It may change from game to game. I'd have those locations on my game as well, but you're probably right.