TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Blood - T2 FM - 2006-08-29

Bad Blood - T2 FM - 2006-08-29

Bad Blood is ready for download from my website until it becomes available at Cheap Thief Missions.

It's 11+ megs, thanks to the movie intro. I killed a thousand bugs and the beta guys found a few hundred more, so it should be a "clean" mission.

Enjoy, and be nice. It's my first, and probably last, T2 mission.

Ricebug
    Old Quake2 Level Designer
    Last edited by epithumia; 30th Aug 2006 at 01:38. Reason: Use a more descriptive subject.

Thiefmissions.com

It might get to thiefmissions faster if you actually sent it to me. But luckily I wasn't done reading for the night and saw this message. I'll have it online shortly.

Edit:
    http://thiefmissions.com/info.cgi?m=BadBlood

This sounds like good shit; the premise is great!

Starting now.

Edit: Looking good so far. Congratulations on your release, Ricebug.

This is great for a first release, Ricebug. It's actually looking pretty good!

you should include the mission title in your thread title so pepole know what it is.

Dont work for me...as soon as I press CONTINUE...crash...wtf ??? And yes I do use a no CD exe...I play thief way to much and it is getting harder and harder to find so there is no way I am gonna put my CD in and out every time I play thief. I have never had this problem with any other mission. To much risk of damage somehow. Is anyone else using a no CD exe and not having this problem ??? And this relly sucks because I have been waithig all evening for some alone time to play this and...BOOM!!! A crashed game...

OK..I found the problem...its movie b21...I just went into my Thief2/movies folder after installuing this Fan mission and put the b21 file in a folder of its own..just "Newfolder" and restarted the game and all is good. I saved it so when I am done and want to play a different mission I will put it back before doing so so I dont confuse darkloader.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 30th Aug 2006 at 01:55.

Played this on expert and found a problem. Got 3520 out of 3660 loot. But unfortunately, to finish you need 4000 loot

Had a lot of fun playing it, especially rampage with mines and the robots .
    Thank you, ricebug
    Last edited by UliB; 30th Aug 2006 at 04:15.

There is enough loot to meet the objective.

spoiler:
    Check the pond near the beginning of the mission.

Ricebug

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Played this on expert and found a problem. Got 3520 out of 3660 loot. But unfortunately, to finish you need 4000 loot
    I fixed the loot problem. It's amazing that this thing was play-tested 100+ times, and passed beta testing, and the thing suddenly "drops" a bunch of loot. Go figure.

You can get it here until Epithumia uploads the update.

Ricebug

Thiefmissions.com

No idea why you don't at least email me to tell me about the update, especially since people are continuously downloading it and it's important that they get the proper file. But I saw your post above and updated the mission.

Love the storyline. Thanks for sharing this mission with all us Thief junkies. I only enjoy offing people who're REALLY bad, so I didn't mind killing the rapist at all. Can't find the key to the Lord's safe. Hint? Please?

lomondtaffer

spoiler:
    Look behind one of the banners next door.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

When I try to save, It says I do not have enough disk space. It does not do that on the other FMs, and I have like eight gigs on my hard drive left.

Remedy?

NW gate key?

I cant find the key to the northwest gate (kesselers estate). Any hints?

Quote Originally Posted by ganac View Post
    When I try to save, It says I do not have enough disk space. It does not do that on the other FMs, and I have like eight gigs on my hard drive left.

Remedy?
    I have had that problem before but with thief 1. I checked the size of the all saves folder and it was like 80 meg. I just deleted some saves and problem solved. I dont know about thief 2 because that folder can hold ALOT more saves. Mine has like 800 meg .Try deleting some old saves then try again.

Great Mission. But, I can't get out the NW gate??? Also, playing on hard, where do I find any mines?

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

spoiler:
    I believe the key to the NW gate is upstairs , in the Yardhouse ,
    between the 2 turbine-things . It is called Uncle's key

I need help......I can't find the Perpetrator !!!! Fun mission
    though..

Thanks for any help.................Nancy

Thanxs NAC,

I had already been there and saved. So I just went back to that save and picked up the key. Also stepped on the floor thingy and got the big child upset. But, I got out of there. 3620 loot. Really a fun mission. Keep them coming FM builders!

NAC,

If you're still looking for the nephew, look in the smaller building (the one with all the lights by the door) in front of the yardmaster building.

By the way, can anyone tell me why the opening in the floor of the yardmaster building wasn't really open and it was springy on top???? I wanted to throw a mine up through there.

Hope Vincent
    Last edited by Hope Vincent; 31st Aug 2006 at 07:37. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by epithumia View Post
    No idea why you don't at least email me to tell me about the update, especially since people are continuously downloading it and it's important that they get the proper file. But I saw your post above and updated the mission.
    I did e-mail you. tibbs@math.uh.edu is the address ib the Cheap Thief Missions site I used twice.

Ricebug

Thiefmissions.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ricebug View Post
    I did e-mail you.
    Actually, I did receive your email telling me about the original release, nearly twelve hours after you sent it. I haven't received anything about the update yet.

The headers of your first email seem to indicate that it sat around on your system for a very long time. (The Date header says Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:01:45 -0600 but Adelpha's mail server didn't get it until 08:03:58 -0400 the next day.) Either that or your clock is quite wrong.

Edit: OK, now I've received your second message, 14.5 hours after you sent it. Again, the headers indicate that it spent significant time on your system before being received by your provider.
    Last edited by epithumia; 30th Aug 2006 at 23:42.

This FM is beautiful! Nice architecture, interesting story and,... OMG that floor in the toilet near the Kessler's office,... takes my breath! Real enjoyment! Thank you, Terry!
    Naks & TDBonko

Anyone still looking for mines?

spoiler:
    Stand with your back to the Kessler Office Building and look up to the left. Use a rope arrow.

now...THAT is one clean bathroom!!! so far, i am really liking this one!

never mind. I got it.
    Last edited by ganac; 31st Aug 2006 at 02:42. Reason: see above.

Loot still wrong on expert!

I had to end the first game because of the loot requirement. Got 3620 out of 3660 listed, requirement shows 4000. Deleted and started new game today, loot still shows 4000 required and now shows that there is only 3885 total in the game. Also,
    spoiler:
    I read that there were mines across from the office building. I roped up to the wooden ledge but couldn't find anything. Playing on expert.
    Thanks coreyb2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast