TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: HELP! Thief2- noob at large, opinions wanted.

HELP! Thief2- noob at large, opinions wanted.

Hello,

i was wonderin if any one could give some advice. i have just bought a new comp,

Dell inspiron 531
    AMDŽ Live Technology - Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
    Genuine Windows VistaŽ Home Premium
    Dell™ 19" Silver Wide Flat Panel
    2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    320GB (7200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB DataBurst™ cache
    256MB NVIIDAŽ GeForceŽ 8300GS Turbocache graphics card
    16x DVD +/- RW Drive
    Integrated 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio

And wanted to know CAN i run Thief 2 with out any major problems? As i am of a poor student sort i cant really afford to tinker with hardware at this stage. i assume from my general reading that i may have some probs with Vista and/or the dual core processor. And yes the 8300GS is poor buts its a case of 'make do' for now. i am waiting for the comp and game (of which i have previous demo knowledge of)to arrive so any advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

Doc Horse x

jtr7
    It's unique for every person. You may have no problems at all, or you may have to go through seven different steps (like I did). But now I have no problems.

Just ask for help AFTER you've gone through the FAQ if you have any problems.

Heres the faq..actually 2

General

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

More in depth help if you have problems

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75031

kool, well i did have a lookette at those before i posted, i was rather more concerned with the general requirements than specific problems at this stage. but i catch your drift, i will load and see when it has arrived. i must admit i did get rather confused by the geforce dithering/colour problem and such wondered if it would extend down to the 8300GS? But i shall know soon enough what probs await lol.

Cheers,

Doc Horse x

Quote Originally Posted by DocTorHoRse View Post
    256MB NVIIDAŽ GeForceŽ 8300GS Turbocache graphics card
    I would recommend that you change that video card, its very bottom end. Either get something like a 7600GT or if you want a bleeding edge card a 8600GT

biker
    Last edited by bikerdude; 18th Sep 2007 at 06:31.

But bear in mind that an 8xxx series Nvidia card will render Thief 2 very poorly.. See Biker's thread about "crappy colours". See my thread about the "last reliable Nvidia card". I have a 7950 GT, but it requires non-standard drivers to play T1, as explained in my thread.