TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver's Bioshock Difficulty and Balance mod beta 5.1

Silver's Bioshock Difficulty and Balance mod beta 5.1

This is a balancing and difficulty mod by psikoticsilver.
    Version 5.1 out Now!!

Installation:

1) Go to your ..\Bioshock\Content\ directory.
    2) Rename ConfigINI.IBF to ConfigINI.IBF.bak
    3) Make a backup copy of your ..\Bioshock\Content\System\ folder incase this mod fails to work or causes errors.
    4) Move Localizedint.lbf from the content directory (..\Bioshock\Content\) into the System folder (..\Bioshock\Content\System\).
    5) Extract my mod into your directly to your ..\Bioshock\Content\ directory, and click overwrite everything. This will copy some files into your ..\Bioshock\Content\System\ folder. Be SURE not to create a folder named after the mod.
    6) Now would you kindly start a new game since it is required to make this mod work correctly.

Removal:
    If for whatever reason you need to remove the mod
    1) Delete your System Folder in the ..\Bioshock\Content\ directory (..\Bioshock\Content\System\).
    2) Restore the backup you made of your Bioshock System folder.
    3) Rename ConfigINI.IBF.bak and Localizedint.lbf.bak to the their original file extensions (in other words, remove the .bak extension).

Here are some external links for the BETA 5.1 release:
    * Skydrive
    * Rapidshare
    * ModDB

Notes:
    * I've got a running list of changes thusfar, and these changes are NO LONGER BASED on Brazuca's work. If you have any suggestions or complaints I am open to your comments. Please, if you do I would appreciate criticism WITH examples and/or actual HELP with wading through the HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF INI FILES. I'm very open to help so let me know if you can or wish to.

* 2k has made certain aspects of early decks harder than some "middle of the run" decks--turrets and bots are a good example of this. Also, certain things seem to stall and not increase in difficulty for a few levels, then suddenly increase by a great deal. GENERALLY, I have implemented a progressive trend of difficulty "per deck", so overall "Per Deck" instances are changed in a manner which makes it harder as the player progresses in the game.

* Plasmids are more expensive. Tonics are more expensive. Slots are more expensive. As a result, you must spend your ADAM wisely and specialize. You will not have enough ADAM to upgrade ever category or use every type of tonic.

* There is some sort of rounding error in Bioshock that won't let me set certain plasmids and tonics to certain round costs. As a result some plasmids, for example may cost 141 instead of my desired 140. This CANNOT be fixed.

* I'm very interested in making hacking a more viable but equally challenging option to pure gun toting or plasmid whoring (I played most of my way through Bioshock using nothing more than the wrench and telekinesis). I also want to make security an obstacle rather than a nuisance. Turrets now treat humans and AI alike, there is no damage preference.

* This mod has become more of a survivalist mod. Scrounge what you can, and be careful. Waste not, want not.

* Despite having changed values in the Hacking.ini file, I cannot force the game to charge money or eve for each hacking attempt. I would love to institute something like this, but I cannot figure out how to get it working. Any help would be appreciated.

- Bugs fixed:
    - A major error on my part has been fixed. Originally I planned for plasmid prices to have been increased but they had not. For some reason, Bioshock has 2 sets of plasmid prices and only uses the set defined in the "loottable.ini" file. I had, sensibly, changed the prices listed in the "plasmids.ini" file thinking that was where they were to be changed. I was very, VERY wrong. Plasmids should now be properly priced according to my chart at the bottom of the page.
    - Many other inconsistencies between my change logs and the actual changes. I probably should have cataloged them but then I got high.
    - Crash or anomalies on deck 7 due to a turret malfunction have been fixed.
    - Fixed an error with pricing of Level 2 plasmids.
    - Fixed a problem where level 3 plasmids were not available late game.
    - Fixed bug where empty machine guns would drop and could not be picked up.
    - All the typos in this change log

Changes:

*Plumbing... err... hacking...*
    - The difficulty of hacking has been increased tremendously for every object through tweaking off pipe speed. From Version 5, hacking is MUCH harder.
    - Medical deck bot starter bot now harder to hack.
    - A certain hacking level is now required "Per-Deck". Levels are defined by the amount of engineering slots the player has unlocked. This forces specialization as you progress through the game.
    - Engineering skill (number of slots) required to hack "per-deck," per-object, has been changed. Refer to the table below.
    Code:
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    | Engineering level req |                       Deck                        |
    |=======================|Deck 1|Deck 2|Deck 3|Deck 4|Deck 5|Deck 6|Deck 7 ++|
    | Health Stations       |  2   |  2   |  3   |  3   |  4   |  4   |    5    |
    | Turrets               |  2   |  3   |  3   |  4   |  5   |  6   |    6    |
    | Security Bots         |  2   |  3   |  3   |  4   |  5   |  5   |    6    |
    | Security Cameras      |  2   |  3   |  3   |  4   |  5   |  6   |    6    |
    | Crafting Stations     |  -   |  -   |  3   |  3   |  4   |  5   |    6    |
    | Vending Stations      |  2   |  2   |  3   |  3   |  4   |  5   |    6    |
    | Keypads               |  2   |  2   |  3   |  4   |  5   |  6   |    6    |
    | Security Crates       |  2   |  2   |  3   |  4   |  5   |  6   |    6    |

*Vending*
    - Circus of Value items cost roughly 50-100% more.
    - Circus of Value no longer sells ammo, but sells more junk food and film.
    - Bandito Items cost more, on average 100% more and dispense half as much ammo as before.
    - Hypos cost 50% more at Vending machines.
    - Purchasing Film costs 4x more than the previously unhacked price. Hacking reduces price by 2x. Rolls only dispense 7 at a time.
    - AutoHack can no longer be purchased.

*Loot*
    - On average there is about a 20-40% decreased chance to find loot on a foe. There is always at LEAST 40% chance you will not find loot. As the player progresses through the game, the chance of find loot decreases even though the variety of loot or quantity found will increase.
    - Each level has a set of harder foes. Usually these include Spider Splicers, Houdini's and Big Daddies. Hard foes will now have more varied loot, and usually more lucrative loot. This does not mean they have a high probability of dropping loot, however. There is, on average, a 40-60% chance of no loot on hard foes.
    - Expect hypos to be more rare.
    - Expect rare ammo types to be even less common.
    - I have made changes to the how components drop. On any foe, there is a 10% chance the game will call for the component category. Once this call is made there is a 5% or 7% chance of receiving any particular component from human or robot, respectively.
    - Enemies no longer carry items that they would not logically carry, with a few exceptions--ranged foes will carry bolts, machine gun ammo, shutgun ammo and/or pistol ammo even if it is not their weapon. Pipe hybrids... err I mean splicers no longer carry ammo of any sort--also, no one carries Napalm and Liquid nitrogen. I know you can make napalm out of polystyrene and gas, but seriously...
    - Some foes did not give any loot, this has been fixed to provide at least a small chance for loot on any corpse.
    - All turrets, bots and cameras have a 1% chance of having an Auto Hack tool.
    - On splicers there is less than 1% chance of finding an Auto Hack tool (something below 0.5%).
    - Reduced EVE drops bye 25-50%
    - Reduced component drops by 15-50%
    - Reduced ammo drops 50%
    - Reduced grenadier rocket drops 50%
    - Reduced flim drops
    - Reduced cash drops up to 25%, except on Big Daddies.

*Spawning*
    - Range from which AI will spawn in comparison to the player is 150% of the original value.
    - Bots now spawn the same distances for AI as they do for Player.

*Player*
    - Player now takes 25% increased damage from all sources except falling.
    - Player can now be set on fire--this has a 25% chance of happening and has 25% effectiveness.

*Cameras*
    - Lost target duration increased to 7 seconds.
    - Increased health 300%.
    - Changed non-alerted turn speed increased by 25%).
    - Wait time at the end of a panning arc increased 33%.
    - Decreased time taken for Security Camera to spot humans AND AI, to 1.5 seconds.
    - Base Human inspection time "per-deck" has been lowered to that of AI. Cameras no longer favor human players in this manner. Reaction time "per-deck" has been changed to a 7.7% increase per-deck, and is now more reactive.
    - Non hacked Camera lights are 25% brighter

*Security Bots*
    - Explosions are smaller by 25%
    - Explosion warning time increased to 0.2 seconds.
    - Bots spin slightly more when attacked.
    - Bots now stay in a hover position for only 3 seconds.
    - Bots are more agile (25% speed increase) and stable (50% increase in sway speed and decrease in sway reduction)
    - Minimum security bots health increase by 50% (450) Frozen health is still increased 66.6%.
    - Medium security bots base health increased by 75% (525). Frozen health is still increased 100%. Health scales compoundly by 10% "Per-Deck" to increase difficulty.
    - Maximum security bots have an 87.5% base health increase (937.5). Frozen health is still increased 100%.
    - Reduced field of view by 15 degrees.
    - All bots: Reduced maximum attack and detect range by 25%.
    - Desired attacking range is now 25% closer.
    - Increased lower pitch on bot weapons to -45 degrees.
    - Bots start up more slowly after hacked. They should take a little over 3 seconds to get going.
    - Accuracy vs both AI and Players has been reduced to 33% of the original Player values.
    - Increase Minimum security bot maximum burst fire rate by 100%.
    - Bots do 30% less damage vs AI

*Turrets*
    - Minimum Security Turrets (Minigun) turrets have a 133% health increase. 10% health increase "per-deck."
    - Medium Security Turrets (Flamer) turrets have a 100% health increase. 7.5% health increase "per-deck."
    - Maximum Security Turrets (RPG) turrets have a 50% health increase. 6.67% health increase "per-deck."
    - Freezing has less effect on turret health. Freezing has less apparent effect as one progresses from deck to deck because it has a constant - 200 health penalty. Freezing does not effect Medium Security Turret health.
    - Minimum Security Turrets have 100% "lost-target" fire time. If you are pinned down, expect to stay pinned down unless you get creative.
    - Medium Security Turrets have a 50% longer fire time but 50% longer cool-down. "Lost-target fire time" has been shortened 23%.
    - A short 1 seconds "lost-target fire time" has been added to the Maximum Security Turret (pick your cover wisely ).
    - Turret yaw and pitch turning speed decreased 25%.
    - Turret "TargetDeadZone" decreased 25% (from 10 to 7.5 degrees).
    - Turret target-timeout has been decreased 50% for player targets, and increased 200% for AI targets.
    - "NewTargetAcquisitionDelay" decreased by 50% (1.5 seconds).
    - Turrets should start moving and attacking 0.7 seconds sooner.
    - Accuracy vs both AI and Players has been reduced to 33% of the original Player values.
    - Medium security turrets are more accurate vs Human players and now just as accurate against AI.
    - Maximum security turrets are more slightly more accurate vs Human players and now just as accurate against AI.
    - All turrets now have 25% decreased fire range.
    - Turrets take 100% increased damage from explosive sources.
    - All turrets have adjusted damage. Overall damage is less but progresses nicely from deck to deck. AI damage now matches Human.

*Big Daddies*
    - Bouncers have a 25% health increase.
    - All Big Daddies take a 10% health decrease from frozen state. Don't rejoice, it's really not likely they'll be frozen.
    - Rosie's have a 50% health increase.
    - Elite Bouncers have a 50% health increase.
    - Elite Rosie's have a 50% health increase.
    - Reduced angle behind used to determine whether big daddy can use his spin attack to 100*, was 120*
    - Reduced angle in degree's to target required for charge to 37.5*, was 45*
    - Restored Big Daddy damage to original levels vs humans. Matched AI damage to human damage.
    - Bouncer big daddy has had 10% damage taken off of his melee attacks
    - Vulnerability to armor piercing damage increased 25%
    - Vulnerability to high explosive damage increased 5-15%
    - Frozen takes off 1/3 of new health for Normal Big Daddy's
    - Frozen takes off 1/4 of new health for Elite Big Daddy's
    - Resistance to burning, shocked and frozen has been decreased 25-100%
    - Big Daddies are slightly less vulnerable to plasmid damage.
    - All Big Daddies now more easily shocked in water!
    - Removed increased Big Daddy Vulnerability to explosives.
    - TEST increased Big Daddy and Rosie resistance to shocked, burning, freeze by 15-50%

*Hybrids... er... Splicers*:
    - Splicers have a 50-200% health increase, except electric melee thugs.
    - Reduced damage resistance by 20% for the following enemies:
    Leadhead Splicers (deck 5-6) (Except Anti Personnel)
    Molotov Splicers (deck 5-6) (Except Anti Personnel)
    - Reduced damage resistance by 10% for the following enemies:
    Leadhead Splicers (deck 7) (Except Anti Personnel)
    Molotov Splicers (deck 7) (Except Anti Personnel)
    - Increased damage resistance by 10% for the following enemies
    Electric Melee thugs (Except Anti Personnel)
    Houdini Splicters (Decsk 5-7) (Except Anti Personnel)
    - All splicer VS splicer attacks have been reduced or raised to match their VS human values.
    - Lowered shocked resistance of some deck 5 splicers
    - Fire Houdini splicer's now set you on fire 50% of the time.
    - Houdini splicers now attack up to 3 times (selected at random) before teleporting.
    - Machine gun splicers now do 100% more damage.
    - Pistol splicers do 20% more damage.
    - Instituted locational damage on splicers.
    - Crossbow now does half as much head damage (modifier previously 10, now 5)
    - Ionic buck now does 50% more (modifier previously 2, now 3).Global head damage (previously 1, now 2).
    - Damage to Torso from regular buckshot increased, 150%.
    - Damage to head increased to 150%
    - Damage to legs decreased to 75%
    - Damage to arms decreased to 50%

*Final Boss*
    * Now uses Fire, Ice and Electric attacks on par with level 3 plasmids.
    - 50% more health.

*Weapons*
    - Wrench damage decrease reduced to 50% of the original value.
    - Crossbow reload time increased 100%.
    - Crossbow rate of fire decreased 100%.
    - Pistol Standard rounds damage increased by 25% on all foes.
    - Shotgun spread increased by 25% for all types of buckshot.
    - High Explosive Buckshot explosive damage decreased to 32 (from 49). Increased Heat damage to 8 and added generic piercing damage of 8 (shrapnel effect).
    - Decreased Ionic buck shocking time by 50%
    - Molotov cocktails now set things on fire. I'm not sure why they hadn't thought of that before.
    - Increased liquid nitrogen freezing effects slightly to equal half of Winter Blast 1. Chance to freeze has been reduced by 25% to match Winter Blast 1
    - Liquid Nitrogen now exhibits 10 damage per round on foes. Previously no damage was exibited.
    - Frag Grenade explosive damage increased to 200 (from 150). Grenade explosions now effect your as much as the AI, so be careful how you fire them or get immunity
    - Added explosive damage of 200 to sticky grenades. Sticky grenades now damage you as much as the AI, so be careful how you place them.
    - Removed Anti-Personnel damage from RPG grenades (was 75 damage).
    - Increased machine resistance to Electrical DAMAGE by 200%.

*Cyber Modules... otherwise known as ADAM*
    - To give a little variety to gameplay, Gatherers no longer have a fixed amount of ADAM. The maximum and minimum ADAM increases by 5 every deck, starting with Deck 1 gatherers giving between 160-200 ADAM and Deck 7 Gatherers giving between 190-230 ADAM. Rescuing Little Sisters gives half these amounts.
    - Cost of Plasmid slots has been raised 200% (should cost 200 on hard).
    - Cost of Engineering slots has been raised 250% (should cost 200 on hard).
    - Cost of Weapon slots has been raised 250% (should cost 200 on hard).
    - Cost of Physical slots has been raised 250% (should cost 200 on hard).
    - Cost of Health Upgrade has been has been raised 200% (should cost 160 on hard).
    - Cost of Eve upgrade has been raised 200% (should cost 160 on hard).
    - 3 Heath and Eve upgrades are available at each Gatherer's Garden.

*Plasmids*
    - Added a nerf on security beacon plasmid, now takes just as long to spot a security beacon target as it does for camera to target player
    - Some plasmids are available a deck or two earlier than before, such as: Sneak Attack 2, Electric Body, Healthy Consumer 2, Frozen Field, Human Inferno 2, Cyclone Trap 2.
    - Icicle Assault now replaces Enrage in the Gatherer's garden on Deck 1.
    - Hackers Delight now available in the Gatherer's garden on Deck 1.
    - Springboard Trap and Sonic Boom now have 50% more momentum when propelling foes.
    - Winter Blast 1 now deals 16 cold damage (previously none). 25% chance to fail at freezing opponent.
    - Winter Blast 2 now deals 32 cold damage (previously none). 12.5% chance to fail at freezing opponent
    - Winter Blast 3 now deals 64 cold damage (previously none). 5% chance to fail at freezing opponent
    - Electro Bolt 1 deals 24 damage.
    - Electro Bolt 2 deals 48 damage.
    - Electro Bolt 3 deals 96 damage.
    - Shock duration has been reduced by 1/6 for each Electro Bolt 1
    - Incinerate 1 deals 16 damage per second with burning, and 8 points instantaneous damage from heat and explosive sources (previously dealt no explosive damage).
    - Incinerate 2 deals 32 damage per second with burning, and 16 points instantaneous damage from heat and explosive sources (previously dealt no explosive damage).
    - Incinerate 3 deals 64 damage per second with burning, and 32 points instantaneous damage from heat and explosive sources (previously dealt no explosive damage).
    - Many plasmids + Tonics have been increased if not doubled in price. Cost of all Plasmids + Tonics in charts below:
    - Increased cost of Organic Pockets to 180 from 120

Code:
             __________________________________________________________________________
             |                            *ACTIVE PLASMIDS*                           |
             |________________________________________________________________________|
             |   Plasmid:   | Cost: |    Plasmid:    | Cost: |   Plasmid:     | Cost: |
             | Incinerate 2 |  140  | Electro Bolt 2 |  140  | Winter Blast 1 |  100  |
             | Incinerate 3 |  180  | Electro Bolt 3 |  180  | Winter Blast 2 |  140  |
             | Sonic Boom 1 |  60   | Cyclone Trap 1 |  60   | Winter Blast 3 |  180  |
             | Sonic Boom 2 |  100  | Cyclone Trap 2 |  100  | Insect Swarm 2 |  100  |
             |   Enrage!    |  80   |   Decoy        |  80   | Insect Swarm 3 |  140  |
        _____________________________________________________________________________________
        |                              *ENGINEERING PLASMIDS*                               |
        |___________________________________________________________________________________|
        |      Plasmid:     | Cost: |     Plasmid:      | Cost: |      Plasmid:     | Cost: |
        |  Alarm Expert 1   |  60   | Focused Hacker 1  |  60   | Security Expert 2 |  100  |
        |  Alarm Expert 2   |  100  | Focused Hacker 2  |  100  |  Speedy Hacker 2  |  140  |
        | Hacking Expert 1  |  60   | Vending Expert 1  |  100  |  Clever Inventor  |  100  | 
        | Hacking Expert 2  |  100  | Vending Expert 2  |  140  | Prolific Inventor |  140  |
       _______________________________________________________________________________________
       |                                *PHYSICAL PLASMIDS*                                  |
       |_____________________________________________________________________________________|
       |   Plasmid:         | Cost: |       Plasmid:      | Cost: |     Plasmid:     | Cost: |
       | Hacker's Delight 1 |  60   |  Extra Nutrition 1  |  60   | Medical Expert 1 |  60   |
       | Hacker's Delight 2 |  100  |  Extra Nutrition 2  |  100  | Medical Expert 2 |  120  |
       | Hacker's Delight 3 |  140  |  Extra Nutrition 3  |  140  | Medical Expert 3 |  180  |
       | Security Evaison 1 |  60   |      EVE Link 1     |  60   | Organic Pockets  |  120  |
       | Security Evaison 2 |  100  |      EVE Link 2     |  100  |   SportBoost 2   |  140  |
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    |                                 *WEAPON PLASMIDS*                                       |
    |_________________________________________________________________________________________|
    |      Plasmid:        | Cost: |      Plasmid:       | Cost: |      Plasmid:      | Cost: |
    |   Human Inferno 1    |  60   |   Frozen Field 1    |  60   |  Electric Flesh 1  |  60   |
    |   Human Inferno 2    |  100  |   Frozen Field 2    |  100  |  Electric Flesh 2  |  100  |
    |   Armored Shell 1    |  60   |   Machine Buster 1  |  100  |  Wrench Jockey 1   |  100  |
    |   Armored Shell 2    |  100  |   Machine Buster 2  |  140  |  Wrench Jockey 2   |  140  |
    |   Wrench Lurker 2    |  140  |                     |       |                    |       |
    Last edited by PSiKoTiCSiLVeR; 13th Feb 2009 at 21:14. Reason: Beta 5.1 out now!

Dude!

tell us a bit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    tell us a bit about it.
    You just needed to wait, the change log and links are posted.

Clearinghouse
    Shame I have an Xbox.

You make me wanna play the game again, damnit!

Then download my mod and play it again, brother!

I will, as soon as I find the time and space on win. HDD to install

When I played Bioshock on Hard, it wasn't that it was terribly difficult- it was just boring and frustrating by the endgame, when I needed to put 4-5 shotgun slugs or dozens of machinegun rounds into one splicer to kill it. Increased enemy toughness completely kills this mod for me. If enemies were left at default health, but just made more lethal and with much less ammo lying around then it'd be great.

One thing that always got me about vanilla- Rapture's gone to hell. How is there so much ammunition still around? It's not like you can easily manufacture pistol rounds without a supply of powder and machine tools.

I should have 5.1 out by tomorrow night if all things go well. If not, it should be out Sunday.

It will have, as I have said minor global balancing changes and some decent late game balancing.

Those who already have installed 5.0 will merely have to overwrite it. Most changes will take effect immediately, however some will only take effect upon traveling to a new level.

Catbarf:

When I finish 5.1 I will start working on something that will please you more. What I had in mind originally was something along the lines of what you mentioned, however it evolved into this. I always wanted to start fresh for the final beta and this is most likely the route I'll be taking. Either that or I will simply make a "balance" mod and not a "balance and difficulty" mod.

However, give this mod a chance. The increase enemy toughness is offset by weapon and plasmid changes and late game balancing is being geared to bring down the difficulty on certain monsters.

If and when I remake it there will be health changes on monsters, but not nearly as broad as this. Some will be made slightly harder, some will be made mildly easier. Big Daddies, for example, are too frakin easy late game. Leadhead splicers are too hard.

What do you say? I really appreciate input because otherwise I will tailor the game simply to suit myself, which is what happened here.
    Last edited by PSiKoTiCSiLVeR; 7th Feb 2009 at 03:44.

If it wasn't for your mod I would never pick Bioschock up again.

Good job, can't wait for the Final!

Thank you for your efforts!
    IF YOU DO IT, DO IT WITH STYLE

Sorry for the delay, here you go

Code:
    5.1 Changes:
    Removed increased Big Daddy Vulnerability to explosives.
    (TEST) increased Big Daddy and Rosie resistance to shocked, burning, freeze by 15-50%
    Reduced ADAM cost of plasmid slots to 200 ADAM
    Increased cost of Organic Pockets to 180 from 120
    Increased machine resistance to Electrical DAMAGE by 200%.  
    Fixed bug where empty machine guns would drop
    Decreased cash drops on decks 2-7.
    Restored flame thrower to original damage
    Reduced damage resistance by 20% for the following enemies:
    	- Leadhead Splicers (decks 5-6) (Except Anti Personnel)
    	- Molotov Splicers (decks 5-6) (Except Anti Personnel)
    Reduced damage resistance by 10% for the following enemies:
    	- Leadhead Splicers (deck 7) (Except Anti Personnel)
    	- Molotov Splicers (deck 7) (Except Anti Personnel)
    Increased damage resistance by 20% for the following enemies:
    	- Cameras (deck 6-7s) (except Armor Piercing)
    Increased damage resistance by 10% for the following enemies
    	- Elite Bouncers
    	- Elite Rosies
    	- Cameras (deck 4-5s) (except Armor Piercing)
    	- Electric Melee thugs (Except Anti Personnel)
    	- Hundini Splicters (decks 5-7) (Except Anti Personell)
    Last edited by PSiKoTiCSiLVeR; 13th Feb 2009 at 21:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen+Keeper View Post
    If it wasn't for your mod I would never pick Bioschock up again.

Good job, can't wait for the Final!

Thank you for your efforts!

You're welcome, thank for your praise. I'll keep them coming, but the next version might be another month since I'm starting from scratch.

A 'realism' mod could be interesting- make the enemies have high damage but low health, and drastically decrease the amount of ammunition lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    A 'realism' mod could be interesting- make the enemies have high damage but low health, and drastically decrease the amount of ammunition lying around.
    That's the idea.

As it is, my mod has cut back on the ammo and such found by at least 25%, if not more. However often times it is still too much. Components are drastically more rare in my mod as well, so it's harder to craft that muich needed special ammo.

I'll be working on the projects in parallel. As I finish the realism mod I will port some of the changes into my normal mod that way I can save time. If both have a similar feature, that is. In either case I need to update the structure of my INI files so it's more efficient and has less clutter so it'll be a month before I get anything solid out.

Slight update... I revised my change log and corrected MOST of the typos. Usually I worked on the log at the end of the night when I was too tired to correct my notes.

I've been taking a break from all things Bioshock to clear my mind and start fresh when I begin working on my mod again. I'll have more news on updates in the next week.

Cool.

Ok. Well I've been busy preparing for the WiC ESL league and moving from one state to another.

I have, however, managed to completely isolate the bug that causes increased electrocution times (and technically it caused the infinite electrocution bug).
    I've done a little other work and I have a list of needed changes, but as I said I've been busy.

Within the next month I plan on beginning another play through to test and evaluated needed changes.

Update:

I have been working on the mod, don't think I forgot all of you.

I'm testing many new changes, including revised splicer loot and hacking speeds.

I am still debating where to take this mod and whether or not I should make two different mods.

ALSO I have some exciting news. I THINK I may have found a way to charge cash for weapon upgrades AND force the player to have a certain number of Combat slots to acquire different upgrades. This will definitely make gameplay more interesting.

PS, my team made first place in the WiC ESL league

http://www.esl.eu/eu/wic/wc/5on5/pro...atch/13082271/
    Last edited by PSiKoTiCSiLVeR; 19th Apr 2009 at 14:27.

This is looking pretty good. Have you looked into putting a dollar cost on Vita Chambers at all?

I can't, it's not within my abilities. All I have access to are the INI files. Unless someone knows how to use UnrealEd to modify Bioshock. ... anyone?

I will see what I can do regarding Vita chambers, because I really want to do something about them. Apparently Brazuca figured a way to increase the difficulty for a time period after every death, but I have not. When I examined his changes to the DIFICULTY.INI file I didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSiKoTiCSiLVeR View Post
    Unless someone knows how to use UnrealEd to modify Bioshock. ... anyone?
    I tried to do the same thing as guys from Mirrors Edge forums, i.e. copy editor resources folders from UT3 and use -editor parameter with .exe, but it didn't work.
    Will help with modelling, texturing and T1/2-style cut-scenes | Thief-related videos |Photoblog

I can't, it's not within my abilities.
    Ugh.
    Honestly, the Vita Chambers are the one big problem with the game. Give them a cost and you've already upped the difficulty considerably.
    I will see what I can do regarding Vita chambers, because I really want to do something about them. Apparently Brazuca figured a way to increase the difficulty for a time period after every death, but I have not. When I examined his changes to the DIFICULTY.INI file I didn't see it.
    Good luck, man (assuming you're a guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    I tried to do the same thing as guys from Mirrors Edge forums, i.e. copy editor resources folders from UT3 and use -editor parameter with .exe, but it didn't work.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work since all the Scripts are compiled.

News:
    Sadly the features I hoped to unlock with Power to the People stations did not have their desired effect, thus I cannot implement them. However, I have still been working diligently on my mod and I hope to have release 6 out shortly.

In related news I've been working to create a Rift between Harvesting and Rescuing little sisters. In the current iteration of my mod Harvesters get over 1000 Adam more than Rescuers.