TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 on GoG.com

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 on GoG.com

Yes yes yes

Funnily enough, I was talking to a friend a couple of weeks ago about my plan to dig out my old disks and play through both games again some time soon.

I already own this game on a couple of different formats of course but just cant say no to this.

A happy event indeed. Here's hoping that lots of people who've never before had the pleasure, will now get to enjoy these classics.

Funnily enough, I expect there are a good many fans of Arx Fatalis who never played its inspiration, and so will probably make that journey in reverse :)

A trap for new players

Another bonus for new players is that it comes preconfigured to play on any modern version of Windows, albeit with incorrectly configured sound. The following thread has information on how to get the best sound out of the game so that you're not hearing general midi:

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/ultima_u...ng_music/post8

Administrator
    I've got this already from various releases over the years and I'm still tempted to get it again.

lol the movement is terrible. anyone know a good LP of this on youtube that goes through the story and side quests, i'd rather watch someone else play.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. hermit View Post
    lol the movement is terrible. anyone know a good LP of this on youtube that goes through the story and side quests, i'd rather watch someone else play.
    I'm presuming that you're joking right? But in case you aren't, it takes a little bit of practice to get comfortable with using the mouse to guide movements but of course it isn't going to compare with later games where seamless 360 degree viewing is possible.

A YouTube guide would never capture the atmosphere of the game, let alone the feeling of accomplishment that you get through exploration, character interaction and learning the details of the story in a non-linear fashion.