TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15202530354045505560616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1626

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

oh.

#3585:
    The walls in your house are all bashed up because you went around whacking them with a blackjack to check for secret passages. "If it makes a sound, it must be a movable piece of geometry!"

I came up with this because I was playing an FM and I entered a huge library. I began to think the author would hide some passage along the wall so I began hitting the walls and then I thought "what are the guards going to think when they wake up and see my remodeling job?".
    Last edited by lost_soul; 7th Aug 2011 at 23:31.

@lost soul:

3586) You print out pictures of a healing potion, a flashbomb and your lockpicks, and stick them on your function keys. From then on, you press Healing Potion to bring up help files, alt + square lockpick to close programs, and in Thief, alt + flashbomb to take a screenshot.

3587: After winning big in the lottery, you decide to build a new home modeled after Bafford's Manor.

(something I would do myself if I had the cash )
    Last edited by Azaran; 11th Apr 2012 at 18:11.

#3587: Last time you played the cradle was years ago but whenever you see a flickering light you still get a mini heart attack (never playing that level again - once was more than enough!)

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    3587: After winning big in the lottery, you decide to build a new home modeled after Bafford's Manor.

(something I would do myself if I had the cash )
    Good idea, except that I would add way more secret passages than in the original version

And then of course brag to your friends about it: 'Yeah, I got a throne room. How pretentious can I get, right? '

Don't forget the cook serving the finest meals when hitting the big gong

jtr7
    #3588: You go to a restaurant and find you are in no way fooled by Cook's practice of warming the salad to disguise wilting.

#3589: You're asking the waiter of every restaurant if the meal includes "Mynell's secret igrendient" before eating anything.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Good idea, except that I would add way more secret passages than in the original version
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    And then of course brag to your friends about it: 'Yeah, I got a throne room. How pretentious can I get, right? '
    Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Don't forget the cook serving the finest meals when hitting the big gong

Official clue that you have been playing thief way to much ...

You want to sneak around in almost every game . (Yesterday after some hours playing a TDP mission, I installed and started playing bioshock, and I was always trying to knock out a splicer with the wrench)

#3591: I was walking home late in the evening, after watching football at the Order of the Beer. I crossed the road and the bridge (Cross you the bridge...) then I entered a small area when there were no lights so my visibility indicator went black. The problem was I had no idea how to adjust my gamma settings in order not to step into the dog poops which I knew at least some were there. Another big problem was that I was in a urgent need for a toilet. Rough waters lie ahead.

#3592: You can ghost all the human guards in Bafford's Manor with full loot and all three pickpockets in under 15 minutes. Without reloading.

Just wanted to brag.

#3593 You immerse for so long that you get depressed when you realise there are no save slots for real life.

#3594 You get tatoos of keeper glyphs instead of chinese symbols.

#3595 You wonder if the heads/deans of the faculties at your local University are actually Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    #3588: You go to a restaurant and find you are in no way fooled by Cook's practice of warming the salad to disguise wilting.

awesomeawesomeawesome!

#3596 You start moving REALLY slow when you step onto a tile floor.

#3597 You speed up when you get to carpet and even jump onto over carpets/rugs.

#3598 You run up to people standing on a carpet and raise your hand over head as if to strike them. (don't forget to grunt!)

#3599: When sitting at your keyboard, your hand immediately forms a claw and positions itself over the WASD keys. ...and the letters are wearing away...

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I haven't read every single entry
    #3600 You're always wondering, if your family, friends, the person you are talking to actually is who he/she is supposed to be, or if it is Gamall, pretending to be them.
    #3601 And when you don't ask yourself that, you ask yourself if you can trust said people... they might just use or betray you. In short, you are paranoid as hell. Sounds about right, eh? ^^
    #3602 Your favourite room is always the secret room.
    #3603 You test every book on a shelf and step on every tile on the floor to open said secret room.
    #3604 You find yourself drawing glyphs on walls to open passageways and/or secret doors. Others just simply call it graffiti.
    #3605 Whenever possible, you use airducts as a shortcut or to find a secret room.
    Last edited by Lotos; 20th Jul 2014 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotos View Post
    My apologies if this has already been posted, but I haven't read every single entry
    I tried to read the first 1000, then I settled for reading them every once in awhile for laughs. Wouldn't it be cool if someone was crazy enough to place these all in a word document list for easy searching? If not for our own nostalgic fun, then for the posterity of Taffers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotos View Post
    #3605 Whenever possible, you use airducts as a shortcut or to find a secret room.
    I sat next to an air vent in a lobby once, totally looked like I could have fit inside... so tempted!
    Gotta keep this thread going, can't let it die!
    #3606: You refuse to stop looking for change in your couch because you have a loot goal to achieve.

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15202530354045505560616263646566 LastLast