TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: DromEd Toolkit 1.0

I suspect that it's listed because I was going to add it, but must never have got around to it.

NV, could you take care of the ShockEd info? Maybe in its own wiki page.

I suppose that should be as simple as copy-and-pasting the entire DromEd Toolkit article, changing the link, and changing all mentions of Thief to SS2...

Seemed like there were more substantial differences. If it's mostly the same, why make another page?

True enough, I don't think there's any real difference apart from the num_rects error, which you've already listed. It just needs a download link from here: http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=387.0

As soon as I install the Widescreen patch on the Toolkit-install the resolution of Dromed 2 becomes 640 x 480 instead of 800 x 600. Is that a common problem?

Try checking that edit_screen_size is set correctly in user.cfg.
    Something like edit_screen_size 1024,768

Yes, edit_screen_size 800,600 is uncommented in the User.cfg. 1024 x 768 works, but it is too big for the monitor.

Edit: It seems to happen with the "regular" version of Dromed 2 as well, so itīs not Toolkit specific.
    Last edited by MoonAchilles; 12th Jan 2011 at 15:51.

Did you check Dromed.cfg for edit_screen_size? It is there too.

I couldnīt find edit_screen_size in Dromed.cfg, so I added it. Still no difference though.

Edit: Iīve come to no other solution that it probably is something wrong with the installation. Will try to install everything again later on, since it isnīt that big an issue. Thanks for your replies anyway.
    Last edited by MoonAchilles; 14th Jan 2011 at 06:11.

Dromed object viewer

Good evening chaps,

I'm a big fan of Thief 2, and after playing multitudes of FMs I've decided to try my hand at making my own - It all seems to be going okay (or okay as I understand is expected using Dromed) but I don't have a good enough memory to remember the names of the objects I want. I saw someone mention that this toolkit had an object viewer, so you can find out what something looks like without having to place it in-game, but I cannot seem to find it, or make it work?

Many thanks

Vanilla~

Look in the folder \Tools\ObjTree v0.19 or \Tools\T2OLv3complete

Aha!

That is absolutely fantastic - no longer will I have to put *every type of door* into my levels, just to find the one I'm looking for =) Much thanks!

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonAchilles View Post
    I couldnīt find edit_screen_size in Dromed.cfg, so I added it. Still no difference though.

Edit: Iīve come to no other solution that it probably is something wrong with the installation. Will try to install everything again later on, since it isnīt that big an issue. Thanks for your replies anyway.

You have to add the screen size you want, which has to be smaller than your desktop size.

If your desktop is set to 1024x768 Then use: edit_screen_size 800,600 as an example. "Save" only.
    Last edited by darthsLair; 31st Jul 2012 at 01:21.

I meant to catch this thread on its 5th anniversary, and then forgot. Congratulations, Feliz Navidad, etc. etc. etc.

Five years without a bug fix or update. That speaks to the quality of the tookit. Well done! And thank you for it:

Nameless Voice
    Telliamed
    Shadowspawn
    Thorin Oakenshield
    Weyoun

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Yes, it is very much appreciated, thanks everyone. Tool kit Rocks !

Great job....

Quick question

Thanks everyone, just a quick question; I've patch Thief2 to 1.21, the latest, and is it safe to drag and drop everything from the toolkit? Will it overwrite newdark dromed with a old version of dromed?

install the toolkit first, then drop NewDark on top.

I just installed the toolkit and now when I click on DromEd I get a message saying insert the CD for Thief 2. I have the Steam version so there is no CD.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    install the toolkit first, then drop NewDark on top.
    What's the best way to do this if you're using TafferPatcher to install Thief though? Are all the fixes from the Toolkit even necessary anymore with the NewDark patch?

Seems like the Toolkit install should be merged into the next version of TP, if possible.

Edit: Actually, it appears the toolkit is already included in 1.19 and beyond, so TP includes it automatically.

So I reinstalled this toolkit and dromed but I don't have any of the new textures showing up. Do I have to manually install them somewhere?

This is a toolkit not a texture pack.

Textures in the fam folder can be loaded via Alt+T (TexManager) rightlick add family/add texture.
    BTw there is a newer version 1.10 here: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141708
    Last edited by Daraan; 5th Jan 2014 at 07:25.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345