TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Knows his stuff
    Dont remember the name but it's the last level of a three level campaign where you need to start three generators to raise a bridge.

Still Subjective
    I abound just say that I am very upset with you bitches not inviting me along.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Taking a break
    ^ Incidentally, I do have L4D still installed(I don't have CoH anymore, sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Dont remember the name but it's the last level of a three level campaign where you need to start three generators to raise a bridge.
    Ahhh, The Sacrifice. Sucky sucky.

Knows his stuff
    Good to know you're both up for it. Sulph and me and maybe Jesh will likely play another campaign tonight(about 7-ish hours from now) and we've been looking for another player to round out the team. If I see either of you online then I'll give you a holler.

Taking a break
    Should be there. I'm Kokiboo on Steam.

To not make the post OT because I totally care, impressions about EVE Online after a single day of actually playing it:
    - It's been called Spreadsheet Online, but more fitting name would be Windows Online. So. Many. Windows.
    - EVE Online more like GoonSwarm Online amirite

YEEEEEEEEAAAHHHH!!

I need to pay for an Eve Online account (assuming it still costs money and the trial is as limited as it was a year ago). I played that trial and it seems like the game stops just short of "the hook," with the things useful enough to be fun unavailable to trial players, but so tantalizingly close. On the other hand, it seems like it'll probably be the most soul crushing time sink ever. On the other other hand, I've been toying with Eve trials every year for the last 9832743289 years since it came out, so maybe it's finally time to go all the way.

Also, despite Baldur's Gate 1 eventually making me hate it with the unbridled fury of a thousand stars, I very reluctantly launched into BG2 this weekend. I really didn't want to end up hollering and throwing shit on the floor again.

But... I'm very pleasantly surprised. A++++++ 26 thumbs up. This is night and day better than BG1. My whole party doesn't get wiped out by one enemy unit fve minutes into the first chapter, there's a TON more RP-y story and descriptive stuff going on, and the whole game in general doesn't seem designed with the sole purpose of provoking homicidal rage.

I am now watching diablo 3 main menu, 12 hours to go.

I am now watching diablo 3 main menu, 11.5 hours to go.

Taking a break
    Wait till 22nd, next episode rolls out then with some tasty stuff, like UI improvements.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    It's been called Spreadsheet Online, but more fitting name would be Windows Online. So. Many. Windows.
    Spot on - the user interface takes some taming before you get comfortable with it. Fortunately, a lot of windows can be docked into a tab interface and there are many you don't need open all the time. The tutorial doesn't help much with this and there are some non-obvious shortcuts (such as simply dropping items onto your cargo hold icon in your hud rather than having the cargo window open).

The first Resistance on Supehuman, and it's easier than it was a year ago on Hard.

Still Subjective
    Splinter Cell: Conviction co-op mp.

Why oh why have they ruined it so? I don't mind that the graphics are poor (I hardly play Xbox and was surprised at how poor they are compared to any ps3 game I have) but the gameplay! What the frak?

We played Chaos Theory co-op mp and it was pretty fun. This thing sucks the life out of you.
    Telepathy is not mind reading. It is the direct linking... ...of nervous systems... ...separated by space.

Day Z !!!
    It's a mod for Arma 2, i bought the game just for this mod a few days ago and it's everything i've ever wanted in a game.
    It's a Post apocalyptic zombie survival simulation multiplayer RPG, a survival of the sneakiest and instant permadeath to the reckless game.
    Been waiting for something like this since forever.

Need my new PC. Need to play Day Z. 4 days to go.

(This post is incidental to the above.)

I haven't posted in this thread for a little bit. Since last time, I have been playing:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 : Fun but not as good as the first. Some of the comet stars are rather frustrating, and don't get me started on the gliding levels. Yoshi was pretty great, though. However, I don't think I'll be finishing up the special world any time soon.

To the Moon: Great storytelling but not a whole lot of gameplay. However, I still recommend it highly.

Botanicula: Not much more to add about this one that hasn't been said already. Very charming.

Samorost 2: Not so great. Too many puzzles relied on difficult-to-find hotspots and the like.

After finishing up all six episodes in "One Whole Unit Blood", I finished my playthrough of Final Doom: Plutonia (on Hurt Me Plenty, I'm not insane enough to do that on Ultra Violence). Following this, I've started up Shadow Warrior. After SWP corrupted my save game, and JFSW wouldn't even parse my SW.GRP file, I said screw it and I started it in Dosbox. I'm about three levels into the Registered version so far.

Rounding up my gaming, I'm working my way through both Warhammer: Space Marine and Dark Souls. The latter I just have one more Lord soul to get (the damned Four Kings). We'll see if I have any more luck this time.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerker View Post
    I'm not insane enough to do that on Ultra Violence
    I am

Taking a break
    I never understood the higher Doom difficulty levels. More enemies is cool and all, but there's just no enough ammo to kill everything, even if you know every secret on the map. Am I supposed to run from enemies like a pansy? In a DOOM GAME?

I never understood the higher Doom difficulty levels. More enemies is cool and all, but there's just no enough ammo to kill everything, even if you know every secret on the map. Am I supposed to run from enemies like a pansy? In a DOOM GAME?
    If you play Doom in anything lower than Ultra Violence then pansy is exactly what you are.

I never understood the higher Doom difficulty levels. More enemies is cool and all, but there's just no enough ammo to kill everything
    stop shooting walls until you're dry then

Yeah, Koki, what the hell are you on about? I've played Doom on Ultra Violence a few times and I don't recall running out of ammo. Nightmare, on the other hand, involves just as much running as gunning.

Taking a break
    Ah, I thought you people were talking about highest diff level since you were all so bravado about it. Turns out Ultra Violence isn't. I was thinking about Nightmare then, which as it turns out has respawning monsters which would explain the ammo shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerker View Post
    I haven't posted in this thread for a little bit. Since last time, I have been playing:

Rounding up my gaming, I'm working my way through both Warhammer: Space Marine and Dark Souls. The latter I just have one more Lord soul to get (the damned Four Kings). We'll see if I have any more luck this time.
    Dark souls is the most frustrating game ever... and not because of his peculiar difficulty, but also because of it's ton of glitches, especially the graphical ones (And enemies able to harm you through walls? WTF?), the repetitive enemies and it's lack of movements, animations and actions (Common'... the devs could have at least implemented a jump button, instead of that imprecise and stupid run-jump)
    Personally, The only thing very well made in this game and that I enjoyed are the bosses

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    stop shooting walls until you're dry then
    One of the early levels of Plutonia really doesn't have enough ammo to kill the monsters, though.

This is why you shoot zombies and take their fucking ammo. Seriously, Plutonia MAP01 is nothing compared to Ultimate Doom's E4M2.

And anyway, yeah, Nightmare is strictly for bragging rights -- it's just Ultraviolence with respawning monsters and a few other changes and was originally added in as a joke.

Page 79 of 295 FirstFirst ... 2934394449545964697475767778798081828384899499104109114119124129179 ... LastLast