TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: THIEF - DEADLY SHADOWS * ^The Garden Of The Wizard ^* RE-UPDATED Gold 1.10 12/05/12

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    I allready took the garden's key, i returned from the castle and the only door that can't open is that with the strange psyhedelik stairs in the area with the chairmonster. Where is this damned garden anyway?
    the garden is back near where you started ...a guard is guarding the gate to it which raises when you visited the little wizards house with the tiny AI in a cage.
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 28th May 2012 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
    I can ask something.? What you liked of this mission ? just to know. ok, you need to proceed. the ruby is on the balcony where u can see the castle.the key of the castle...look at the solitary guard.on the right side.keep some weapon for after
    I enjoyed the wild architecture and some of the bizarre fantasy elements (paintings, lighting, some of the areas like the maze of cards, giant rats, etc.) I also liked the traditional Thief gameplay (e.g. BJing the guards).

Anyway, I found the key where one of the guards dropped it when I blackjacked him and entered the castle. Thanks! (I also found a key where the giant drunk zombie dropped it back in the hallway before the rat area but it hasn't opened anything - yet.)

- prjames

P.S. OK, I'll be honest: Things I didn't like about the mission: Well-hidden keys (for example, the key in the garden near the entrance that opens the 2nd door in the wizards house - near the start of the mission), hidden doors/entrances (for example, the switch/gate in the same garden that opens the maze of the giant cards) and difficult/unnecessary jumping puzzles (for example, the top of the stairs leading down to your buddy where you must jump to the staircase or jump to the hallway leading out, also the jumping necessary to get to the helmet room in the castle - I was stuck a couple times between the metal bar just before the helmet room and the helmet room, also, not knowing until you try it that you can mantle up to the ramp that leads to the balcony that goes to the narrow ledge leading to a tower that I've assumed (?) is the East tower). The other thing I had problems with was the areas of complete darkness, for example, at the bottom of the stairs leading to your buddy, I at first didn't notice the door leading past the undead to my buddy (e.g. the catacombs). Another example is the darkness at the back of a priest's area in the hallway between the entrance area and the town square, where a Holy Water is.

I've now got the helmet and the garden key and I'm back near the beginning trying to find the garden.

Update: I still can't find the garden opened by the garden key despite Jonescrusher's hint - maybe a screenshot, please?
    Last edited by prjames; 28th May 2012 at 13:26.

IronEagle
    Hei,i 've asked what you liked of my fm. what u dont i already know §¥#¤. lol .about the keys i putted some duplicate to give different chance to player to find...a way.about the ramp...u don't know the stairs of my house

IronEagle
    ok at last is be appreciate this map ? Good , i finished it in ghost mode .
    Last edited by IronEagle; 29th May 2012 at 08:02.

Hi, I've started playing your map and am stuck inside the maze of giant cards with the two supernatural Hammerites patrolling there. In the video tutorial you mention a page that will open the door in the room with the creepy monster, but I can't find it
    I've killed both guards and have searched the entire maze, but I still cannot unlock that door. Maybe there is a bug? I've restarted the mission and still got stuck in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by LDV View Post
    Hi, I've started playing your map and am stuck inside the maze of giant cards with the two supernatural Hammerites patrolling there. In the video tutorial you mention a page that will open the door in the room with the creepy monster, but I can't find it
    I've killed both guards and have searched the entire maze, but I still cannot unlock that door. Maybe there is a bug? I've restarted the mission and still got stuck in the same place.

look closely at one of the page-boy pictures at the end of one of the corridoors of the maze...there is a green fuzzy mass/kind of light ball near it...the key is in his hand I recall

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    I enjoyed the wild architecture and some of the bizarre fantasy elements (paintings, lighting, some of the areas like the maze of cards, giant rats, etc.) I also liked the traditional Thief gameplay (e.g. BJing the guards).

Anyway, I found the key where one of the guards dropped it when I blackjacked him and entered the castle. Thanks! (I also found a key where the giant drunk zombie dropped it back in the hallway before the rat area but it hasn't opened anything - yet.)

- prjames

I've now got the helmet and the garden key and I'm back near the beginning trying to find the garden.

Update: I still can't find the garden opened by the garden key despite Jonescrusher's hint - maybe a screenshot, please?

from the house you started in, by the well....turn right into the passage then right again at the end... and the garden is straight in front of you through the gate,and down the ramp...there are loads of glowing ghost guards patrolling the garden

Ironeagle I still need answers to these questions.

1. What to do in the moving light/chandelier room,if anything.

2.How to get in the glass door with the odd stairs,some are up-side-down,wrong way up.

3. how to get in the two arch doors in the chapel.

4.How to get in Elijajas house.

5.The lady in the high tower next to the cafe in the square,can you get up there.

6.where is valuable hammer in Zombie basement.

7.are there any Easter-eggs in this mission

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    from the house you started in, by the well....turn right into the passage then right again at the end... and the garden is straight in front of you through the gate,and down the ramp...there are loads of glowing ghost guards patrolling the garden
    OK, I think I see the problem. I walk up to the gate at the end of the hallway, I click "frob", and I don't even get the "attempted to unlock and failed" noise, indicating the gate itself does not accept the garden key, or any key. I noticed the giant gear up and to the right of the gate, but when I dropped the (BJed) guard under it, the gear simply fell to the ground. Where do I *use* my garden key to open this gate? (Or, how do I open the gate at the end of the hall, if the garden key gets used for another gate a little bit later?)

- prjames

P.S. I saw JoneCrusher's quote a few appends ago about "the gate that opens when you visit the house with the tiny wizards in a cage". I assume you're referring to the bedroom you enter when you first enter the Wizard's domain, with two tiny people in a "caged" area. There are six frobbable gates to the caged area, all of them don't work. What am I supposed to do? I BJed "the giant" (another tiny person) but I couldn't find any keys in his room. Hopefully BJing him was not a bad idea.
    Last edited by prjames; 29th May 2012 at 00:06.

PRJAMES,

on the opposite wall to where the tiny AI are in a cage,and in between the bookcases ...the wall opens...(I found this tricky and had to move around a lot while frobbing to eventually get it to open)and there is a secret room.

only look at the hint below when you need further hints.

when the wall opens there is a pedestal and a switch on a column to throw...when you have done this the gate to the garden will have risen

If you forgot to take the keys from the helmet area and read the book,you wont be able to get in through the smaller garden gates
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 29th May 2012 at 08:27.

IronEagle
    Hello boys.

about the keys, I put in some more, for some well-hidden door. giving the player the chance . as they were well hidden. to find another alternative. now I'll tell what I liked the review (we are in a free country. and everyone is free to express his opinion. right?)

ok

1# I have written previously (if you check the old post of this thread) that the rooms in the chapel will not open.) nor that of elijana. (I know I'm frobbabe, for another reason, because I intended to do make "The Garden of The Wizard 2 ") in the room with chandelrier .. but there is a door a wall (not frobbable) there's nothing behind.

2# to Jonescrusher . you have often cited a room with a chandelier, the only room contains more . chandelier is one , is spelled with an 's .. because it is plural or not?
    For this reason did not understand.
    you were referring to this room?

PRJAMES,

when the wall opens there is a pedestal and a switch on a column to throw...when you have done this the gate to the garden will have risen
    Turned out I hadn't noticed the switch on the column. I had found the other two things, so I'm now in the inner garden area. Thanks!

- prjames

IronEagle
    oh james ,

My next mission will have a single room with a man sitting. a table and a wrench, socket (mission complete) OK?
    attempts to preserve some arrows, because there are "things" not very friendly over there

the switch is ..on the right side...of that room..
    that open Garden...

. Frank
    Last edited by IronEagle; 29th May 2012 at 12:49.

IronEagle
    . I offer you a coffee at the bar of the castle. spoke about me to girls. they know me .. I treat them well

Anyway , I'm very glad that you have played this Mission ,

I'm trying to finish the Garden 2.

Last edited by IronEagle; 29th May 2012 at 09:07.

Ok, one more question. The garden goes to another ramp down to another gate that opens remotely from somewhere else.

I assume from the fact IronEagle successfully ghosted the mission that I don't need to kill the four ghost guards in the inner garden, but do I need to interact with them at all - steal a key or a dagger from them, perhaps, or is there another switch I need to throw in the garden somewhere? I'm kind of low on ammo and health, so killing all four of them won't be easy.

- prjames

(Regarding the comment "let's make a simple one-room mission for folks like me", let's justl say that I'm used to more linear missions.)

P.S. Problem solved - see later post.
    Last edited by prjames; 29th May 2012 at 22:32.

Ok, one more question. The garden goes to another ramp down to another gate that opens remotely from somewhere else.

I assume from the fact IronEagle successfully ghosted the mission that I don't need to kill the four ghost guards in the inner garden, but do I need to interact with them at all - steal a key or a dagger from them, perhaps, or is there another switch I need to throw in the garden somewhere? I'm kind of low on ammo and health, so killing all four of them won't be easy.

- prjames

(Regarding the comment "let's make a simple one-room mission for folks like me", let's justl say that I'm used to more linear missions.)

I think I just frobbed the candle on the table and the door opened so I legged it over the balustrade and shot down in there

IronEagle

- prjames

nobody forced you to play.
    I do not like things linear.
    you offended? was joking. I asked you what you liked. and wrote a poem

everyone does the mission as he wants.

IronEagle
    [QUOTE=prjames;2127544]Ok, one more question. The garden goes to another ramp down to another gate that opens remotely from somewhere else.

I'm kind of low on ammo and health, so killing all four of them won't be easy. [quote/]

do you compliment them for their beautiful colors. and also for the way they walk ... could not get anything ... undoubtedly let you pass, who are they? Have you noticed their voices? ....
    I liked the idea of ​​creating new characters ... scary .. if you look carefully they have a face in the bright band ...

for an author. satisfaction is that the best players of FM. understand the storyline. the mission.

I do not know why when I talk to seems to me to be angry but it does not. I discuss Paice. I'm just a human being.
    I'd like to know something more about the paintings that I used?

ok , i hope this is interesting : the rooms with stairs...: (cited also in episode of the Simpson)
    is inspired at the style of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._C._Escher

Then I added in the room, some paintings by another master . Giorgio de Chirico. another Italian master of surrealism. as dal. carr and others.
    to amplify the feeling of being ... as saying. ...far ..

the result of the experiment was:

I really love the painting (it was understood?) I paint in oils,
    i like much more.
    Last edited by IronEagle; 29th May 2012 at 12:54.

look closely at one of the page-boy pictures at the end of one of the corridoors of the maze...there is a green fuzzy mass/kind of light ball near it...the key is in his hand I recall
    OK, thanks, got it. (I liked it more when the stuff was glowing an unmistakeable blue in TDS )
    But now I am just past the courtyard with the giant rats, and stuck once more .
    I got both keys from the roof, read the letter inside the room with the closed door/window and went down to where the Rat-man was standing guard. I killed him, climbed up the ladder and went down a stony passage. Then I climbed up, but here is some sort of a stone door that won't open (it is frobbable, but I seem to not have the right key).
    What should I do now?, is there another way out?

Oh and by the way I have yet to find both the ruby mentioned in the letter, as well as the helmet.

OK, thanks, got it. (I liked it more when the stuff was glowing an unmistakeable blue in TDS )
    But now I am just past the courtyard with the giant rats, and stuck once more .
    I got both keys from the roof, read the letter inside the room with the closed door/window and went down to where the Rat-man was standing guard. I killed him, climbed up the ladder and went down a stony passage. Then I climbed up, but here is some sort of a stone door that won't open (it is frobbable, but I seem to not have the right key).
    What should I do now?, is there another way out?

Oh and by the way I have yet to find both the ruby mentioned in the letter, as well as the helmet.
    Wasnt there a locked box in the room with the closed window in the rat-yard,was there a key in it?....if not then Hmm you are perhaps missing a key,but which one?.... as that frobbable stone door at the end of the tunnel sequence is the start of the castle area and you have a fair way to go from there to get the helmet ..you will just have to persevere.

I hoped Ironeagle would come and answer some of the outstanding questions we still have on this mission,but perhaps its a language/communication issue...no-ones fault... but just a small issue.

I wonder if there was a Betatest for this mission,and any others that know any answers,or is Ironeagle the only one who tested?

IronEagle
    Wasnt there a locked box in the room with the closed window in the rat-yard,was there a key in it?....if not then Hmm you are perhaps missing a key,but which one?.... as that frobbable stone door at the end of the tunnel sequence is the start of the castle area and you have a fair way to go from there to get the helmet ..you will just have to persevere.

I hoped Ironeagle would come and answer some of the outstanding questions we still have on this mission,but perhaps its a language/communication issue...no-ones fault... but just a small issue.

I wonder if there was a Betatest for this mission,and any others that know any answers,or is Ironeagle the only one who tested?
    what's the problem of language ..?
    seems to me that you're not careful . behind this mission are the experts. and this is not nice from you.
    I seem to have answered thoroughly, you should read this thread from the beginning.
    and you will find all the answers.

You can try to do a mission for people of another country .. without contradictions, who plays the mission is having fun right?
    I know many mappers.for different engine , mapper fro t2 , t3 , and sometimes at night we start talking. and they all say the same thing. is exciting and great to make a map.
    Sometimes people seem ungrateful ... they do not realize the work behind a mission. I speak not only to you ... but I speak on behalf of all mapper I know ...
    I have told the same.

not intended as a criticism.
    You can try to open an editor ... and then tell me:

Thanx for the hint, the chest was really where the key was. I must have mistaken it for a table the first time and neglected to open it. I notice this is generally one of the problems with this mission - lack of clarity. Not necessarily making things obvious as much as not leaving the player to just stumble in the dark without any idea what to do.

I am now at the castle gates, after having gone through the zombie infested dungeon, trying to outsmart the guards and enter the castle. Let's see how this goes.

Up till now I find the map has been a mixed bag. There are some really nice ideas, and at times the level design pumps up the dread to Silent Hill levels. But at the same time there is both a lot of very frustrating gameplay and a kind of general unpolishedness.
    I guess I must have been spoiled by some of the other outstanding FMs like the gorgeous masterpiece that was Furious Flames.

IronEagle
    Thanx for the hint, the chest was really where the key was. I must have mistaken it for a table the first time and neglected to open it. I notice this is generally one of the problems with this mission - lack of clarity. Not necessarily making things obvious as much as not leaving the player to just stumble in the dark without any idea what to do.

I am now at the castle gates, after having gone through the zombie infested dungeon, trying to outsmart the guards and enter the castle. Let's see how this goes.

Up till now I find the map has been a mixed bag. There are some really nice ideas, and at times the level design pumps up the dread to Silent Hill levels. But at the same time there is both a lot of very frustrating gameplay and a kind of general unpolishedness.
    I guess I must have been spoiled by some of the other outstanding FMs like the gorgeous masterpiece that was Furious Flames.

i know who yuo are.
    Your style is very recognizable.
    why did you Recorder in May. right to offend?
    for this you have disabled private msg it?
    Last edited by IronEagle; 19th Aug 2012 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
    i know who yuo are.
    Your style is very recognizable.
    why did you Recorder in May. right to offend?
    for this you have disabled private msg it?

ok inform the proper authorities.
    You mad bro?

Seem pretty angry for someone who is supposed to let his work be taken on its own terms by the public. If you are afraid of criticism so much then don't put up the mission. I even praised you in that post but either you are too full of yourself to take the good with the bad, or there really is an insurmountable language barrier.

And no, you don't know who I am, since I have never posted here before yesterday.

P.S.: are you asking me to inform "the authorities" (about you I presume)? What authorities would that be? Police, FBI, the holy inquisition?

IronEagle
    You mad bro?

Seem pretty angry for someone who is supposed to let his work be taken on its own terms by the public. If you are afraid of criticism so much then don't put up the mission. I even praised you in that post but either you are too full of yourself to take the good with the bad, or there really is an insurmountable language barrier.

And no, you don't know who I am, since I have never posted here before yesterday.

P.S.: are you asking me to inform "the authorities" (about you I presume)? What authorities would that be? Police, FBI, the holy inquisition?
    only the moderator. as in the last thread you tryied to soil .
    first of all you're nobody to come here to criticize what you do not know.
    the only fool is you. and I think I even knew who you are.

about Furious flame I disagree with the choice to use parts of the TDS original maps.
    but i love other things of that mission.

you just registered yesterday on this forum for one reason only. come here to offend. trying to provoke me. and try to make me look like what they'll never be. you are very poor mentally.

why you disabled. the pvt msg?

do you people do not know you came just for me?

Last edited by IronEagle; 31st May 2012 at 07:13.