TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Partial Translations

Partial Translations

I'm not getting anyone to bite on finishing the Italian read-ables for the Strife Campaign. My question is, can I use what Italian I do have? In other words, a player in Italy would see English for the first 4 missions and then suddenly Italian texts would show up. Or will I need to include the missing .str files which would be in English. IOW, you'd have a folder with mixed English and Italian.

So, let's say, for mission 1, my goals.str is only in English. No Italian. In mission 2, however, I have the Italian goals.str. Will the person see goals for both mission, even though they're mixed translations?

You might try posting a request for translators at Thief Italia.

Partial translations wouldn't look good for natives. It's better that remaining missions be translated and well. Because Crooked Town was underliked by russian community because of my translation. Eventually I got banned on Darkfate. But they were right. When I checked my own translation I wasn't glad surprising to find out how terrible it was. Since then I don't translate.

They banned you for a poor translation??

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    Eventually I got banned on Darkfate. But they were right. When I checked my own translation I wasn't glad surprising to find out how terrible it was. Since then I don't translate.
    That's harsh. If we applied that rule here, half of the Englsh authors here would be kicked out.

In addition they divide fms into "good" and "bad". Those who disagree get banned, same in "T1 vs. T2" discussions or when speaking another language than russian or thinking what others don't. Russian community is left by many every year since even because of the common favorite game they're ready to bite each other's throats. Never mind, Darkfate is such Darkfate.

"Oh oh oh, I'm a little boy, I'm afraid of blood"

If seriously... Who are they? Me? Clearing? Riff? Zontik? Do not generalize, ok?

OK, enough with this. Quit your bitchin about this, and take it elsewhere. Winter Cat, this isn't the first time you've complained about this. Stop....It.....Now. If you don't, you'll get a temp ban here. Keep going, we'll slap it harder. Your problem is with them, don't bring it here. Talk to them about it. Last verbal warning. Keep going thread will be locked. In the mean time, keep it on topic. Please.
    Last edited by BrokenArts; 18th May 2012 at 10:46.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    They banned you for a poor translation??
    Actually, he was banned for attempts of trolling and being an as*hole.

And partiall translations really look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by HellFier View Post
    Actually, he was banned for attempts of trolling and being an as*hole.
    Anyone can throw out claims about anyone else, I've known of forums and mods covering all kinds of abuse and mishandling things by attacking and lying about critics. Unless you have links, documentation, etc-who knows what the truth is?

True, I think all messages was deleted, but who cares - there is a lot of nice people in there, never saw any bad behavior from them to other person...

Quote Originally Posted by HellFier View Post
    And partiall translations really look awful.
    On the other hand, now is very few translators (all the more so from eng to rus & from rus to eng). So with my big FM will be a big problem. But I would prefer average and low quality than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    On the other hand, now is very few translators (all the more so from eng to rus & from rus to eng). So with my big FM will be a big problem. But I would prefer average and low quality than nothing.
    Sorry for getting into your discussion about various kinds of unpoliteness, but can you please tell us more about this translation problem, Soul Tear? I thought there are many translators, not only between English and Russian, but also German, French, Italian and Spanish, to count only but a few of them. I, for instance, am English-Polish translator and find my "customers" here very friendly. From T2X to "The garden of a wizard" and the upcoming "Strife" campaign by aforementioned Ricebug who started this thread, I had no problems with communication from translator to the person who hire him. If you have problem with an FM, please tell us and we'll see how to help you .

PS What will your FM be about? Sounds nice .

Hmm, your post gives me a hope.
    Obviously, first of all we must have an alpha version of the texts in English, which will then be translated into other languages.
    My project will be completed is not soon but of course already now I think about how to convey all the subtleties of the storyline up to all comers.
    Most of my texts are complex, that is not on how the little boy went to school.
    Ha, I spent on these posts a lot of time consuming, but I'll have to translate huge books who write every other inhabitant of my stories.