TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Jazz Evenings - Mr. Duck's Podcast

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!

Jazz Evenings - Mr. Duck's Podcast

Duckie, Mr. Duck to you newbies, has a nightly podcast of jazz. Check it out and catch the show. Good music, great host!

Also available in ENGLISH. Catch the first two if you missed them. This link is for the third.

http://www.ivoox.com/jazz-evenings-3...1299572_1.html
    Last edited by nickie; 27th Jun 2012 at 06:34. Reason: Change in thread title

Damn Ducks, you are one ricco suave mofo. Mellow son. I like your taste in jazz too. All I'm missing is a good scotch and cigar on the back deck under the stars with a few friends. Bobby Timmons. I'm going to remember that. You just made a convert. Thanks. Sometimes among the chaff of a day comes something worthwhile.

El Shagmeister

Woah....didn't expect this!

Thanks, Dusty!

Always nice to get some free publicity

Thanks for the thread, man. Might as well bump the latest entries in here from now on then. Cheers!

Speaking of...

JAZZ EVENINGS 4, BEBEHS!

Tocky - Oh, bebeh....pour me a tequila to burn the night away.
    Last edited by MrDuck; 25th Jun 2012 at 03:01.

ran to the lord
    he said go to the devil
    ran to the devil
    he was waitin'

Aint he always? Nina Simone was an excellent choice. She had such a similar pacing and inflection in her singing to Ray Charles. Might be playing piano had some similar effect on them. A shame they never had a duet. Oh man, the soul of those days just rains down when they sing. As much as it drenches my parched roots it leaves me a little sad too. The clouds these days are empty and whispy little things that promise rain with lots of thunder but just produce dry wind.

I was thinking when Ducky first did this, if he's going to play that first track, I can't help but reference the great mashup of it with The Cure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwspItENz0
    This is one of my favorite mashups of them all.

Knows his stuff
    Well, this podcast is pretty much exactly what one would expect from a MrDuck jazz podcast. A raunchy Mexican making cheesy quips between jazzy tracks. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Oh man, the soul of those days just rains down when they sing. As much as it drenches my parched roots it leaves me a little sad too. The clouds these days are empty and whispy little things that promise rain with lots of thunder but just produce dry wind.
    Don't get all stodgy now. There's plenty of great soul being made these days. Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black", Lee Fields & The Expressions "You're the kind of girl" and Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings "How long do I have to wait for you?", to name a few tracks that come to mind.

Well okay, you got me there henke, but it's not like the old days when you could just turn on the radio any old time and hear great music like that. Now you have to download it and hook your ipod up to a decent speaker and hit random to get a bare glimmer of how it used to be when motown was king. There were hundreds vying for a shot on the charts and they were making it pour down soul. You had radio personalities that knew who and how and sure knew why. I seriously like Ducks delivery too and I can't help but think if some Memphis station had him doing that it would blow all the crap playing now out of the water. There may be a bit of Fez to it but just enough to be endearing. I'm sick of all the plastic corporate crap that passes for radio. That's not how it used to be and how it was is how it should still be. I'll be thinking how I feel about what I just heard and Ducks says it like he read my mind. I know exactly what he means about Coltrain and how it makes you space out. I swear I can't put a thought together while his stuff is playing. I actually don't like it much for that reason but I appreciate it. There is just no soul on the radio these days and no heart in DJ's, not in these parts and here is where it was born and that's a crying shame.

Alright, I had my old man moment, and I'm grateful for the few showers that still roll through but goddamn you know? Goddamn is all dammit.

El Shagmeister

Hey, coolcats, podcast #5 is out. Listen to it HERE.

Tocky - Aw, shucks....thank you for the kind compliments, man. I would really love to get back doing radio. In the meantime, podcasting will do. Feel free to publicize me with your friends and co-workers, plz

tBm - Blackie, could you do me the honor of adding to the title "Jazz Evenings - Mr. Duck's Podcast", please? Again, much thanks for this thread.

henke - You love me, bebeh. C'mere...

Yeah Ducks! It's really good! The feed squelches a little bit on your voice, dunno if that's the mic, but the music's wicked. Only issue is it now makes me want to smoke out the window and give girls the eye. What was the first tune on #2? It's killer.

I'm really enjoying listening to these - I wish they were longer! Very cool. Thanks Duck! ,and tBm for posting about em. *puts on headphones and goes back to listening*

El Shagmeister

Vivs - It might be the mic, need to speak a bit further away and less directly into it then Thanks for listening, man!

smallfy - Why thank you, fryman! Though the reason I don't blabber on is because I don't want to loose focus of what this podcast's about: awesome jazz music.

But yeah, I should probably give me a biiit more of mic time.

It would be cool to have a guest speaker one of these days....hmmm....

All in all, thank you everyone for listening. Please keep posting your impressions and observations, anything to get better at this. Will post the next podcast soon

El Shagmeister

Jazz Evenings #6 is up with Thelonious Monk, cool cats!