TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

FOV slider is more than just something "we didnt' used to need" for those of us with mulitple monitor setups. It's nice to see developers are supporting us. More than just a few games are showing really good support for it. It's too bad bethsoft keeps screwing it up.

Knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Koki, whatever you're doing, I don't think it can be fairly called "dealing with it."
    Zing!

Taking a break

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Modern PC gaming sucks. I'm dealing with it. Are you dealing with it?
    Modern what? I play console games on my console thank you very much.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

5th playable class coming as post-launch DLC (FREE if you PRE-ORDER).

Gearbox Software recently announced the fifth playable character class coming to Borderlands 2 later this year: the Mechromancer. She's still in the concept and development stages, a post-launch addition that Gearbox will give players for free (if they pre-order Borderlands 2).
    Borderlands 2 is coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 this September, with the Mechromancer downloadable content expected some 60 to 90 days later.

Taking a break
    I couldn't give a shit.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    that's nice

One of those cases of misusing DLC to milk more money out of your consumers. Why not just add it directly to the game? I don't want to preorder this game, if it ends up being shit and now I won't probably buy it either, if they're leaving quite big content for DLCs.

I wouldn't call releasing DLC 3 months after the game is out 'milking blah blah whatever'. I can understand gripes with Day-1 DLC but something that comes out months after you've likely played the game the first time isn't a big deal to me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Mmmmmmmm.

Administrator
    That promised sexual themes and alcohol and I didn't see either. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Mmmmmmmm.

AAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhHH! Now I can't get that song out of my head!

verbose douchebag
    I've been playing this since Friday and am having an absolute blast. It is exactly the right blend of not changing the formula and making improvements.

To begin with, it feels just like BL1, but as you progress, you start to notice the subtle differences. The shooting is a lot more refined, the battles feel epic and you need to use tactics on the fly to deal with new threats. The new enemies are great. I am playing as the Assassin and really enjoying it.

It's exactly the sequel I'd hoped for so far.

Seconding this. It's aces.

Also, "guns that turn into grenades when reloaded" is the dumbest yet also awesomest idea.

I haven't picked this up myself yet - considering I only just recently put B'lands 1 to bed after hours and hours of playtime I don't think I could actually stomach more B'lands at the moment anyway (plus, I'll just wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLC nicely packaged in) - nevertheless I felt the need to post this.

verbose douchebag
    Also, hats off to Gearbox for creating the first ever robot enemies I have ever enjoyed fighting. Love the dialogue and the fact that you can shoots bits off of them. It's strange - around 2-3 hours in, I was feeling distinctly underwhelmed, but as I've progressed, my opinion just keeps trending upwards.

I'll also be waiting for the GOTY edition. I'm still playing the first game. I have yet to beat general knoxx and just yesterday hit the 100 hour mark. So when I do beat it I'll be taking a break for awhile.

verbose douchebag
    Also, the guns look and feel fucccccccking cool. I'm currently toting an assault rifle which looks like an AK-74 with small gatling gun where the barrel would normally be, which increases its fire rate the longer you fire it for (up to a max speed). The variety of animations in the weapons and ammo crates is really great too. They knew what made the first game great and they've simply turned it up a few notches.

Has anyone played it co-op yet?
    I may try it out at some point. If anyone is interested, add me on Steam - same user ID.

Co-op is still a bit of a hit 'n miss portforwarding clusterfuck (of the three of us playing at the weekend, we had to work systematically to find a hosting/joining order that actually let all of us be in the same game), but it doesn't use gamespy, so it's already years ahead of Borderlands 1.

Also, of course: still nothing to stop some fucker running off and stealing all the good loot, so play with friends. At least that way you know who to punch when they run off and steal all the good loot.

I was playing Zero, and I don't think low-level stealth-kill stuff really works in coop, because badguys have too much health. What would be an instagib becomes "HAH U NOW HAVE 2/3 HEALTH and I am utterly exposed and in the middle of the enemy camp and I'm doing this wrong, aren't I?"

But that could be because I suck.

verbose douchebag
    How much better are the loot drops with 4 players?

I'm fine with the vibe in single-player, just want to know if I'm missing out on truly amazing gear by not at least trying co-op.

I'd say they're better in single player, personally. (N=1)

verbose douchebag
    Oh right. I thought the whole point of playing with others was that tougher enemies = better loot. Unless I feel a burning need to play with others then, I'll stick to my guns, so to speak.

I always thought it was "more players = moar funz", what with all the skill contrasts and teamplay stuffs you can do. Difficult to flank the armoured dudes with the huge shields when you're playing solo, for instance.

Lootwise I'll admit I've been playing with two massive lootwhores, so I may not have a wholly representative impression...but going by drop colour it seems fairly similar, and marginally in favour of SP (where you do at least get to look at everything).

verbose douchebag
    Flank the shield dudes?

Well. I have the skill will lets you shoot bullets through one or more enemies. What this also comes with is crit hit location highlight when you use Deceive. The shield guys have a small letterbox sized weakness around eye height. Also, AOE weapons work pretty good.