TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most annoying NPC

Administrator
    I suppose I've left something hanging as I haven't got the Guild Leader Armour yet. Probably didn't complete enough of the other jobs.

Administrator
    That's it Heimskr, I can't take it any more!

2012-01-15_00002

I hope this isn't turning into scumble's Skyrim forum...

There i was, sitting under Gildergreen in Whiterun and watching people walking by. Then out of nowhere (no, it wasn't attacking dragon) some annoying noble dressed redguard appeared and said to me "do you get to the cloud district very often. Oh what i'm saying of corse you don't". I guess he didn't have any idea who he was talking to >=(

as a thane of every 9 holds, general of stormcloaks and mighty dragonborn that has saved the world, i just had to mutilate him barehanded...
    and the most intresting part was that guards didn't even say anything about it..

Of course not; you're a Thane.

Administrator
    Yes, by that point the fool should be trying to get you to get him in with the Jarl. I prefer to just remove annoying characters with a console command, as I did with the even more annoying Heimskr.

Only way to remove annoying npc on ps3 is: well.. kill him/her and dump in some big lake, like it would be done irl too

Mild spoilers ahead...

You know, the two NPCs that annoyed me the most were the two Blades members (forgot their names) who wanted me to kill the dragon on the Throat of the World. Because, ooh, he used to be a general of Alduin, so he must be killed. Let's ignore that he just played a key role in helping me defeat the big bad, he must pay for his heinous crimes.

At that point I tried to disband the Blades by fireballing both of those idiots, but unfortunately they cannot be killed. Would've been nice if Bethesda had allowed players to end the Blades quest line this way.

Administrator
    That did feel like a forced choice. It would have been more interesting if there was an option to persuade the daft blonde and the old nutcase that Parthunaxx wasn't a problem and they should probably just have a nice chat. I was with Arngeir on the Blades...

I too was bothered by the fact that there was no way to peacefully end the Blades quest to kill Paarthurnax. They couldn't be killed or reasoned with, so I just had to avoid them after that.

Administrator
    I'd read that there wasn't a particularly good reward for following the Blades quest to the end either. Poor design all round...

"You're someone who can get things done. I like that"

"All I ask is a fair price"

Administrator
    The no npc greetings mod fixes all of this. Makes extended play far less irritating.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk