TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: I showed you mine; now you show me yours .....

I can't get over how stunning the water looks in this game

Looking down from High Hrothgar

A bandit falls in the water. Now it's like shooting fish in a barrel

I got jumped by 2 bears going up a mountain, so I decided to run back to the nearby village and have someone else deal with them

This is my pet wolf

High Hrothgar

Temple of Talos

Some recent screenshots

Animated fireball critical shot cutscene. Look how the bow stays in shape.

Action shot

Cool light, shadows, & architecture

I just like this.

Another action shot. There's a frost dragon flaming us right at this moment.
    http://i35.tinypic.com/2cp9jiw.jpg

Frost dragon

Last edited by demagogue; 23rd Apr 2013 at 14:34.

My wedding

Out and about in the Soul Cairn

Sovngarde

A friendly skeleton

A spriggan I freed from a Hargraven's lair

Shrine in the Forgotten Vale

Wow I haven't seen that horse until now, that's really cool.

I hate to admit this..

I have Skyrim and I've looked at it, but I've never actually played it yet. I am still finishing Morrowind because I found a hella bunch of mods. I have Oblivion next, and then Skyrim. I don't know - do you think it's necessary to go through each in order or are they far apart enough in story that I can play them all at once (I'm already doing a bit of Oblivion on the side, because I found mods for it too)? I am beginning to think maybe I should just fire them all up and not worry about finishing one game before starting another (For example, Fallout 3, the Darkness I and II, etc... - so so many games I haven't played or finished yet). I don't want to die with games unplayed... (yes, that's one of my life goals, sad isn't it?)

I've never played any of the other games in the series, and I'm great with Skyrim so far, I don't think there's that much continuity that you have to play them in order

I could imagine that Oblivion would be somewhat boring after Skyrim. The world is relatively generic and the writing mostly boring (except for some quests). Not sure whether it brings anything to the table compared to Skyrim (which is considerably more gorgeous and a more interesting world, from what I've heard) and Morrowind, which has the advantage of being much weirder and non-generic in its setting. At its release, Oblivion had the advantage of being great to look at, but compared to Skyrim it won't have the same effect any more.

Off with their heads!

I havent seen any dwemer ruins yet! You have played Morrowind havent you Dia, that has a whole lot about dwemer and their disappearance.
    Last edited by nickie; 6th Aug 2014 at 12:19. Reason: Removed links

Yes, I've played Morrowind, and am totally fascinated by the ancient race called the Dwemer! I created a (very amateurish) video a couple years ago about the famed city of Markarth, which was built on & around ancient Dwemer ruins (I used the song 'Ancient Stones' from the Skyrim soundtrack for the video). When my character in Skyrim first entered Markarth I was amazed at the beauty of the town. And yes, I loved exploring the Dwemer ruins in each of the TES games in which they appeared - but I could've done without all the nasty creatures you have to conquer in order to do a little exploring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BmVq...jKPYOZFSTVoA0g

(For some reason I'm unable to embed this video; not tech-savvy enough to figure out the problem.)

Thread of necromancy

Glad to see you finally got around to playing Skyrim, Caradavin!

New computer; new game.
    Going elven this time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TESV 2015-02-06 11-34-24-20.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	2083

Looking forward to seeing more screenshots of your new game, dema. I got a new monitor (after an acceptable period of mourning for my late old CRT beast) and am thinking of starting a new game from scratch, too.

Curious to see if/how this will work... I'm not much of a picture taker in games, but I really liked this sunset from Whiterun.

On the Xbox version I stole the golden claw, took it to a fence, sold it, bought it back (as not stolen), but when I dropped the 'non-stolen' golden claw, it suddenly turned RED again.

From my Youtube account:
    The war on Pirates
    http://youtu.be/7OgjRtojyJI

2 and a half Louis Letrush
    http://youtu.be/W70jCIRd4XA
    Last edited by acquisto; 23rd Nov 2016 at 07:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    I could imagine that Oblivion would be somewhat boring after Skyrim. The world is relatively generic and the writing mostly boring (except for some quests). Not sure whether it brings anything to the table compared to Skyrim (which is considerably more gorgeous and a more interesting world, from what I've heard) and Morrowind, which has the advantage of being much weirder and non-generic in its setting. At its release, Oblivion had the advantage of being great to look at, but compared to Skyrim it won't have the same effect any more.
    Is it weird that I found Skyrim boring after Oblivion? Not because it's worse in any way, but because I became incredibly burnt on the Bethesda formula after Oblivion & FO3...