TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    No, we are fine. I understand your way of thinking. I just wanted to explain my preferences too. We're not having a fight here, we're just discussing the different approaches to the game. And the amazing thing is that we both still enjoy playing the same game(s).
    <3

I do believe people can have a lively discussion about something, even on the Internet, without devolving into arguing and name calling. At the end of the day, I appreciate that you -do- enjoy the DS games in your own way.

I'm not burned out on DS games. I got a job almost 1.5 years ago. And since then I hardly have time to play games.
    Sorry, I probably misspoke, I meant to say that WoW and such games probably burned you out of TEH HARDCOREZ CHALLENGE by the time you arrived to DS (or even way before that game). And yeah, I can understand that with a job (or anything that drains time/energy) gaming for many can become an activity of leisure and will resent something that they consider too challenging. Fair point.

That was a good decision, because I really enjoyed playing DS2.
    I certainly enjoyed it too, despite my grumblings about the bosses (and other stuff). Just because it's my lowest ranking DS game doesn't mean it's a bad game. Quite the contrary. Still a far better game than most out there. <3 And the expansions really made it shine (for me at least)! Though two of the optional bosses (and the way to them) can fuck off a cliff with a rock tied to their genitals.

I don't know why I am posting my thoughts here. Maybe so I can read them back years from now. Or to make this forum appear a bit more lively than it is. Or because sometimes, after work, and I can't play, I'm still thinking about DS. Haven't had that since my days of WoW.
    One awesome thing about the Soulsborne games, and I believe this is something Sulphur and a few others have mentioned before, is how they ellicit discussions like few games have. Like when we were younger and didn't have the Internet, just each other (i.e. friends, classmates, etc) to talk about and discuss the game to try and solve it and gush about it. Awesome times.

I doubt I'll ever play Demon Souls or Bloodborne. Unless From brings those games to PC.
    They'll never come to PC officially, but Demon's Souls already runs on emulator. Give it a year or two and it'll be playable just fine.

El Shagmeister
    Man, I really wish Sony would lose its stranglehold over Bloodborne. That's one game that deserves to see life beyond the PS4. In my humble opinion it has the best expansion of the Soulsborne games. Plus the main game shakes up the formula enough with the core formula and world setting to make it new and exciting again

Southquarter.com/fms
    I have returneth to DS2...it got put by the wayside when Breath of the Wild came out. I took me a good hour to get used to everything again, but now it's fitting like an old shoe. And I felt pretty good about the fact that I beat my first boss in months on my first try (the Skeleton trio, under the waterfall, Huntsman's Copse). It actually seemed too easy (I'm guessing this is one of the easier bosses in the game). Now if only I could beat the triplets in The Bastille.

I cheated a bit a looked at a world map, and I noticed that on just about every branch from Majula, I'm about one area away from a Great Soul. So it's looking like pure pain ahead. Time to throw down.