TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a random thing i noticed in thief gold thieves guild map

i think maw is behind that door in constantine manor that u cant not open the one that seem to lead to a basement area but u never know what's there

thats why garret has to use teleport because he cannot open the door maybe there's a key hidden somewhere? anyone know?

im just here for h3h3 ' s and max ' s responses

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayru-chan00 View Post
    im just here for h3h3 ' s and max ' s responses
    Nobody cares

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    thats why garret has to use teleport because he cannot open the door
    yes,the ctrl shift alt end teleport trick works very good on thief gold max , but can constantly also do this teleport trick too ? i hear that the alarus explanation has to do with this hidden basement door

Quote Originally Posted by H3H3 View Post
    but were expresing our love,for thief games and series.

and gues what moron its all thief related so u cant delete it sorry but have fun nickie
    Well, guess (notice that it is actually spelled correctly which you can't say about many of the words in this thread) what? Whether it's related to Thief is NOT the only criteria we use for deciding to delete posts or threads or even to ban users! Your reply was disrespectful to a moderator who puts a lot of time that she could use elsewhere in her life to keeping these forums in order. I can see that a lot of this stuff is in fun but your reply to nickie was not. An apology is in order or you may find yourself unable to post for a few days if not longer.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Solid rule of thumb for the internet - even when joking, don't call an admin/mod a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Solid rule of thumb for the internet - even when joking, don't call an admin/mod a moron.
    Well, it doesn't really matter now. This clearly isn't going to do anything, so there isn't much point anymore. It was a dumb joke and I'm willing to get over it.

Yeah. I wasn't going to say anything, but bad call on insulting a moderator, dude. Like, really, really bad.

i think maw is behind that door in constantine manor that u cant not open the one that seem to lead to a basement area but u never know what's there

thats why garret has to use teleport because he cannot open the door maybe there's a key hidden somewhere? anyone know?
    belive it or not there is a key in thief 1 in by the garden area in one of those rooms with a big tree in middle i found a key there once on the ground a dark silver key,and no it was not for the info in garden door,and i do remeber trying that one door across the river jump but it did not work there,at the time i did not realize there was another locked door

now that i think about it i am willing to bet its to the door in one of the down stairs doors opposite of where you come up on escape,just recently played it and seen the door but in thief gold the key is not there

i am pretty sure the key was the first time you got to his mansion to get sword,i never check on escape map to see if key is there on any version

IIRC, that particular key was rather infamous in the early days of the Thief community. People scoured the entirety of "The Sword," trying that key on every single door, but it didn't work on anything - not even the unused basement door. When the key was removed in TG, players concluded that the garden key was simply placed there by accident and was never intended to unlock anything.

Quote Originally Posted by H3H3 View Post
    yes,maybe we can get modern mision of the alarus excavation like the one cardia made
    Someone made a T1 mission that expanded on the Alarus extension. For some reason it's not on Thiefmissions.com though.

Someone should make a comedy version, the Hilarious Extension

in bufford map when u are in outside area's u find lots of windows but they cant be opened and u can hear people chat inside

i wonder if you can open the windows? and see if theres loot inside?
    It's funny that you mention this. That little detail in Bafford's was a great touch in making the world feel more alive. I do remember thinking that maybe there was more to the level because of the bustle going on behind those windows.

@downwinder Yes, that key got me speculating and checking every corner of The Sword in the early days. The fact that it doesn't actually do anything is quite disappointing IMO.

@TannisRoot Joking aside, Bafford streets always got me feeling like I was being watched or stalked by someone or something. Especially the streets you access from the back gate of the manor. And since I played in very dark settings (old screens were pretty dark even at full brightness), that particular aspect of the mission was great.

DromEd Archmage
    Everybody has dreamed about this mysterious key and the unused basement door !
    Alas, Dromed reveal truth : there is nothing behind this door and that key was completely useless...

after my replay i got a feeling i might have a idea where that one key went,let me try to explain,when play the sword on thief 1 you find the key,now on escape map there in only one door never used on sword map and escape map,when you are playing escape and get to house part the door you come up from has a sister door on excate other side of house and the door never is opend on sword or escape map,all other doors are used at least once on either map

can someone go on dromed on sword map on thief 1 and look at downstairs door on other side of house ,opposite where you will enter house on escape map,if opened it would be other side under house where we never been,i wonder if it was scraped?

also i found one texture issue on thief gold escape map close to where the fireballs are,the part where the rat beasts and 1 praying matis go back and forth,on right side passage to next open section on left side in passage there is a thin line of texture going straight up needle thin,don't remember that is thief 1 also i notice the textures in thief gold are more shit ,then thief 1,more misaligned textures in thief gold,not sure why

i am guessing people already dromed all maps and saw nothing

also in thief 1 you can never open that door to maw on sword map,but in thief gold you can,at least from what i rememeber

The "thin texture" you mention is a terrain brush issue which was fixed with Tfix. And no, there's nothing at all behind the door that never opens either in The Sword or Escape.

ty