TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Outcast - Second Contact

Outcast - Second Contact

This game came out so quietly I didn't even know about it until a Kickstarter update mentioned it. It's a complete remake of the classic 1999 game Outcast and it looks pretty damn good: http://store.steampowered.com/app/61...econd_Contact/

The dialog audio quality is unchanged from the original, Cutter accelerates like a dump truck, walk speed is that of a snail when you're in villages, the new combat roll happens when you try to sprint sideways, the crosshair isn't where your bullets land, and I don't particularly like the new look for the Talans or the UI prompts that float in midair.
    So it's a bit rough around the edges in places. I still love the overall look of the game's environments, and it runs butter smooth. Can't wait to dive back into the most charming game world I know. First I'll wait for the next patch though - I encountered a game stopping bug. Just be sure to save your game (F1) before you tell Shamaz Zeb to heal Ilott and you should be fine.

Well the original was fairly buggy from what I recall; particularly Twon-ha riding.

It does really good and they seem to have captured the atmosphere of the original quite well judging by the video. I do prefer the look of the old cutter though. I’ll definitely pick this up but not right away.

I'm glad this happened after the KS failed. It does seem to have some issues, but they seem to be either relatively easily fixable or something that I can live with. Anyway, hope it comes to GOG too.