TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What's the stupidest thing you did because you were drunk?

What's the stupidest thing you did because you were drunk?

Once I walked into a biker bar and announced to the patrons that there was a moped in the parking lot with it's light on. Pretty sure I wouldn't of done it if I was sober. Cheers!

Posting on TTLG ComChat.

I was having a night out with a good friend. We ended up in a Russian bar doing vodka shots. Then she asked me if I wanted to become a father, no strings attached. Because she wanted a child.
    I promptly invited her to my castle, indicating that this would only take a few moments. But she explained that it was her girlfriend who was supposed to get impregnated. I declined.

Administrator
    That's enough new threads for now.

Lately?

We rented a cabin on a lake and some friends dropped by with steaks and I climbed to the balcony to butcher Romeo's speech to my wife "arise fair sun and kill holy hell out of the moon". Then I turned and plummeted eight feet to the pointy bits of the picnic table knocking everyones drinks over but acting as if I meant to do it swung my legs beneath the table and started on my steak. I was badly bruised on my side and hip which was much better than being dead. Last time I drink a five liter box of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_B View Post
    That's enough new threads for now.
    He hasn't created the favorite dinosaur one yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    acting as if I meant to do it
    Haha, that's what they call catlike reflexes.

I registered on TTLG and started posting tons of "What's..." threads.

Oh, wait...

I've never been drunk.

Alcohol just bounces off of him.

I have also never been drunk, but I have still done stupid things -- of which some could have killed or severely injured me.

I was attending a bachelor party weekend at a rented house in Maine. We spent Super Bowl weekend out on snowmobiles, and then got drunk watching the Super Bowl.

After the game, we were goofing off outside when I decided it would be cool to vault over the railing of a second floor deck, and fall down onto a hillside covered in deep snow. The first couple of times, it was fun. I landed semi-soft and slid down the hill like a chute. I got one of my friends to try it too. Then I decided to pick a different landing spot, where unbeknownst to me there was a stone wall lying 6 inches below the surface of the snow.

I ended up smashing my left ankle. We immobilized it and my friends improvised a crutch from a tree branch, but the next morning I had to drive 6 hours home. My car has a manual transmission and I couldn't use my left foot. That was fun.

Entry #2:

I was hanging out on the 4th of July, in the summer between graduating from college and starting grad school. A bunch of my friends decided to go get beer for the evening, but one of my friends asked me if I had stuff to make Manhattans for the two of us. Back in those days, I used to enjoy drinking Manhattans with scotch (actually a Rob Roy, but I was ignorant then). I left and returned from my apartment and presented my friend with a fresh bottle of Dewar's, a bottle of sweet Vermouth, and a jar of cherries. But I looked around and there was no glassware! We started rummaging around and my friend, who is already one sheet to the wind, holds up to 32 oz. plastic "Big Gulp" style cups, looks at me and says "are you thinking what I'm thinking... we could make HUUUGE Manhattans". Huuuge was one of our catch phrases, I forget where from, but it wasn't Donald Trump anyway. In goes a half bottle of scotch to each cup, some ice, four cherries, followed by a half bottle of Vermouth each. That's way, way too much sweet Vermouth, but of course we had to fill the cup.

So we're parading around showing off our HUUUGE Manhattans, and before I know it, he's done, empty in a half hour. I can't remember why, I think he said it tasted bad. I'm nursing mine, going to make it last all night, but he starts to goad my other friends into making fun of me for drinking slow. So I pounded it, the whole thing, down in 10 seconds.

Sometime later I talk my friend into going to take a whiz on a college fraternity's rock, a boulder in the yard in front of their house painted with their colors and letters. One of our female friends follows along to watch us pull our wangs out. So the three of us are standing around the rock when somebody from the fraternity comes out. We take off across the street, while trying to gather our junk, and run into a park. I don't think they even gave chase, but for some reason we ended up running over to a corner of the park and scampering up a tree. Next thing I know, my friend is in his tighty whities. I can't recall why, I think maybe he couldn't shut off the flow and got them wet on the getaway, so he took them off. So we're up there, trying to convince our female friend to climb the tree, and then he falls out of the tree, into the dirt, wearing tighty-whities! The next thing I remember, some hours later, I'm at my apartment door, staggering, and having trouble getting my key into the lock.

By the following afternoon, I'm alive again, and walk back over to the house we were hanging out at the previous day. I see our female friend, she gives me a wicked look, and says "do you have any idea what you did last night?"

This wasn't a stupid thing, but I've posted my funniest drunk story on this forum several times, the best of which is probably this version.

Chicken litter is the main ingredient in my palm fertiliser, apart from chicken feathers and chicken bones. Basically palms really love dead chickens it seems. That stuff smells awful but works really well!

I don't doubt it, but even still one has to admit that chickens are inherently funny animals.

I mean look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    chickens are inherently funny animals.
    This is true. My mother-in-law's (when tiddly) chicken impresson is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoose View Post
    Once I walked into a biker bar and announced to the patrons that there was a moped in the parking lot with it's light on. Pretty sure I wouldn't of done it if I was sober. Cheers!
    Eh. Even most of the 1%ers would just laugh at that. The way you get your ass beat at a place like that is if you come in trying to pretend like you're a tough guy.

Run into walls. On purpose. Running while drunk is surprisingly fun. Bouncing off walls, more so. But that was back in college and I was also pretty pudgy, so enough cushion.

embarrassing-wtf-stupid: I had a party my senior year and woke up without any memory of what happened. I got to the cafeteria, say hi to people from last night. Except those two girls which looked at me weird... ok? I sit down with my friends looking at me weird as well, so I finally ask "what?" And they respond: "dude you were a total dick to those 2 girls last night and kicked them out for no reason." Needless to say I apologized profusely and was quite surprised - it's the only time in my life I ever became angry-drunk.

brilliant drunk: Now for the opposite side, the drunkest I've ever been in my life. I was doing my study abroad in Japan when I went out with a few friends to karaoke, finally waking up in my bed with worst hang over. Wtf happened? I check my phone and, from 3 to 5am, I got about 20 messages from my friends asking where am I and if I'm ok. Wtf? I go downstairs, my host family is all acting normal. My bike is gone. Wtf???

I finally puzzled it together. When we were leaving the Karaoke place to go to another club, I realized I was too drunk and just decided to go home (of course, not telling anyone about it heh). But I was also smart enough not to ride my bike, so I left it chained and walked 40 minutes home. I found the secret key hidden in the potplant and climbed up to my bedroom on the 2nd floor without waking anybody up.

That's why I'll always trust my drunk self to get back safe heh. That hangover tho - oh lord, it lasted 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    This wasn't a stupid thing, but I've posted my funniest drunk story on this forum several times, the best of which is probably this version.
    Chicken "litter" was not what you two were hearing was it? I've drunk a lot of whisky but never chickenshit whisky.

And dear lord there were enough of my own stories in that thread that I could flesh them out in my tales thread to last a week or two.