TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Thief 3 Deadly Shadows - Broken Mouse Cursor

Thief 3 Deadly Shadows - Broken Mouse Cursor

I am running Thief 3 Deadly Shadows on a brand new Dell desktop.

When I run the game, at the main menu screen, the mouse icon is frozen. You can select the menus by moving the mouse, but the cursor is basically invisible. This makes clicking on the menus virtually impossible.

I've updated my onboard graphics driver, installed the 1.1 patch, tried running in Windows XP Compatibility mode, it still wont work.

Although this computer doesn't have a commercial graphics card, I have run numerous modern 3-D type games with the onboard graphics, including intensive games like Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion which require tons
    of 3-D rendering.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
    Dell Inspiron 620
    Intel Core TM i5 2320 CPU @ 3.00 Ghz
    64 bit
    6 GB RAM
    Intel R HD Graphics

BTW: in order to post I have to answer "what studio inspired this site?". I HAVE NO IDEA!! That is a hard question for posters to answer, they might not be familiar with the history of TTLG studios. Whats the answer?

Is this the Steam version or a standalone version?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Widescreen and tweaks patches: The Sneaky Upgrade for Thief 3, the Visible Upgrade for Deus Ex 2

Thanks, actually setting the DPI text size setting to small (100%) did resolve the disappearing mouse cursor. (its a DVD-ROM, not a steam btw)

Appreciate it!

The only drawback to this is that every time I want to play the game, I have to log off the computer, set the text size, and then log back on. Kind of annoying to do this every single
    time.

Can't really leave it on small setting, especially because my parents use this computer and can't see the small writing.

If you know of another fix, I'd love to hear it... thanks.

Btw, what is the 3 letter name of the studio that inspired this site?

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine

so tempted to say 'FAG'

It's LGS. Stands for Looking Glass Studios.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahooka View Post
    Can't really leave it on small setting, especially because my parents use this computer and can't see the small writing.

If you know of another fix, I'd love to hear it... thanks.
    I don't know of other fixes, but you can always give your parents their own user account?
    Widescreen and tweaks patches: The Sneaky Upgrade for Thief 3, the Visible Upgrade for Deus Ex 2

In my case disabling "software mouse cursor" in "f.lux" fixed the invisible mouse in main menu.