TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THREAD OF HYPE

Moderator and Priest
    At the very least, I know that Icemann will be stoked.

Looks like we're getting another Universalist Judeo-Christian Pan-Hindu Buddhist Shinto Pokémon sequel, and this time, it's coming to the Nintendo Switch!

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Game Awards just happened and a bunch of trailers for new games were revealed.

Campo Santo's next looks intriguing!

Death Stranding gets increasingly weird and terrifying.

Witchfire, a gorgeous-looking FPS from the Vanishing of Ethan Carter devs.

Aaaand here's a pile more. There's a new Metro game, a Zelda DLC that has a motorbike in it, Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 3, a new game by From Software, etc. Nothing you're interested in probably.

Level 10,000 achieved

O_O

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Aaaand here's a pile more. There's a new Metro game, a Zelda DLC that has a motorbike in it, Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Bayonetta 3, a new game by From Software, etc. Nothing you're interested in probably.
    God damn it, the Bayonetta series remains exclusive to Nintendo. Must I really buy a Switch just for one game?

Pleased to hear about Soul Calibur 6 though, about bloody time. It actually wasn't that long ago that I did a search for Soul Calibur news, "just in case", so maybe they were reading my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    The Game Awards just happened and a bunch of trailers for new games were revealed.
    Witchfire, a gorgeous-looking FPS from the Vanishing of Ethan Carter devs.

... a new game by From Software, etc. Nothing you're interested in probably.
    I hadn't heard of any of those before. Witchfire in particular has caught my eye.

I wonder the FS team are up to. It looks very BloodBorney...

Southquarter.com/fms
    Yeah, Witchfire looks interesting, I'm paying attention. I was starting to think modern day Hexen until the player pulled out a gun.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by twisty View Post
    I wonder the FS team are up to. It looks very BloodBorney...
    RPS said it could be a new Shadow Tower game, and hey, it could be. Who knows. I'm secretly hoping they go even farther back to the roots, and are secretly announcing a new Kings Field.

And yes, Witchfire looks freaking awesome. I can't wait to watch the trailer with sound when my new speakers arrive sometime this afternoon.

Looks like this is going to be the second time I'm buying a Nintendo console over a Bayonetta game.

Moderator and Priest
    At least this time you'll be buying a Nintendo console that you'll be using for more than just a handful of Nintendo games.

In the comments on the FromSoftware teaser, some people make a sound argument that it could be from a new Tenchu game. FromSoftware bought the rights to the franchise from Activision, but hasn't developed a game using the IP yet, and the assassins in Tenchu are called Shadows. And apparently the "Shadows Die Twice" line is (or could be) a reference to something that happened in the last Tenchu game.

FromSoftware making a stealth action game? I'm interested.

(Then again, it could also be a reference to a first-person action RPG game they made in the late 90s called Shadow Tower... or maybe something completely different.)

I recall a statement made last year about bringing back a beloved series and Tenchu would definitely tick that box. While I haven't played Shadow Tower or its sequel (Japan release only), from what I've read about the story and gameplay it doesn't sound like it's worth making another one.

A modern Tenchu would rock. Love those games.

In The Valley of Gods looks really interesting to me. A first-person archaeologist adventure game that isn't focused on combat? Sounds a lot like the game I'm working on myself, so that's a definite wishlist item for me.

Witchfire also looks good. It's nice to see the people behind the beautiful graphics of Ethan Carter making a game with a healthy helping of gameplay.

Thanks for sharing those.

Indie pick: VirtuaVerse