TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Son of Scoregasm - 2 shmup 2 various

Son of Scoregasm - 2 shmup 2 various

The sequel to one of my favourite arcade shooters is finally out!

http://charliesgames.com/_site/stuff...s-release.html has the announcement and gameplay video and other details.

See also Scoregasm - variety-rich arena-based shmup if you don't remember the original game.

The games can look a little bullet-hell-ish, so I'll quote myself from a different thread:

Actually, Scoregasm isn't a bullet hell game at all, because of the way the close-range attack enables you to blast a path right through the enemy bullets. Killing enemies with your regular attack charges your close-range attack, and you will be using both weapons pretty constantly. It's a neat dynamic, and makes the game different and fun. I wouldn't go near a bullet hell shooter myself, but I really recommend Scoregasm.
    I've only played the new one a little, and thus far it feels harder than the original. It's been a long time though, so I'd need to go back and play the first game again to be sure. Which isn't a bad idea, so I might well do that. I wish I was less busy just now...

p.s. I note that Charlie's old wordpress URLs don't work now, but you can see the original game at: http://charliesgames.com/_site/games/
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 30th Nov 2017 at 17:51.

Thing What Kicks
    Okay this weirded me out.
    My homepages consist of an RSS feed reader, GMail and a few forums, two of which are Yakyak and TTLG.
    Those last two have similar colour schemes. And super charlie, the guy behind Charlie's Games, is a prominent member (fnar) over on YakYak. So I thought I'd somehow blundered into the "Playing the games" sub-forum of YakYak instead of my usual haunt, "Bleatings", when I saw this thread title. Weird little forum-centric existential crisis.

But yeah, Charlie makes good games, so I'll have to check this out