TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Dev Thread] Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (Last update: 2017/12/16)

mmmm, Why not Just naming it "TFMD", Thief Fan Missions Database.

Personally I don't like "The Former Keeper's House", because it souns like the name of a Fan Mission.

@ EnYBOLa

I have just posted a Brief Summaries thread in which in the OP, I have linked all the main d/l sites, but what maybe of interest to you is that I have also made comments on the differences between the different sites, some of which may be ideas for you to incorporate in 'The Former Keepers House'.

Secondly one headache / issue that can occur for some people when looking for a mission is that some missions have 2 names (Rise of the Mechanists/Mechanists on the Rise, Quelle Galare/What a Drag etc) so please feel welcome to use these new tables as a pretty comprehensive listing of the correct names for each mission along with their secondary titles (which I have always included) for when you get to actually start linking missions into your site.

As an aside, I am of the opinion that it's your site and you should call it whatever you wish, so do not be tempted to accommodate other peoples likes or dislikes as you can't please everyone.
    Last edited by fortuni; 30th Jul 2017 at 12:30.

I've deleted a couple of posts. Please watch your language, people and pretty please, downwinder, could we not have Dewdrop in every thread.

did you tell the other person to stop being a bully? or are you going to act like he did not start it?

sad to see staff not do the right thing when they see someone else started something,you then dont tell them both to calm down,you should find out who started it and correct the issue,not make the victim part of fixing it

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    I must say that telling enybola you "hate" his idea, and asking him to do something better like using one of your bloody dewdrop ideas instead, now that was pretty rude in the first place.

And if it was meant as a joke, it was poorly written and didn't come out as one.

as someone mentioned before keeper house was a japanese website,to name it former keeper house would imply to people who knew about the old site it was part of them,hence why not a good name

i gave a idea for a name wasent telling anyone anything,stop assuming so much,
    Last edited by nickie; 31st Jul 2017 at 07:40. Reason: Not acceptable

if i did not know any better just cause i don't fit your cookie cutter mold for what you expect for a person,don't mean you right in anyway shape or form,just your opinion of a person you never meet from a text based board,makes you look bad

sad how this world has fallen so bad with people who take a thief board so serious when there are real problems in the world,but ohh no lets harp on downwinder cause he mentions dewdrop=your parents are so proud of you

i am done

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    sad how this world has fallen so bad with people who take a thief board so serious when there are real problems in the world,but ohh no lets harp on downwinder cause he mentions dewdrop=your parents are so proud of you
    If there are 'real problems in the world' as you've mentioned, then why the hell are you causing aggro on TTLG and being so whiney on this thread? It seems like you're taking this situation worse than anyone else here. Just stop.

did you tell the other person to stop being a bully? or are you going to act like he did not start it?
    It is my perception that any number of people recently have politely, and not so politely, suggested that introducing Dewdrop into virtually every thread is annoying and it would be appreciated if you didn't do it. You continue to do it. Your post was deleted because you used unacceptable language. If you wished to defend banging on about Dewdrop again, you could have done so without swearing.

Southquarter.com/fms
    i am done
    Somebody pinch me.

Consider yourself pinched.

I would like downwinder to understand that although I am one of a number who are more than fed up with the subject of Dewdrop, I do think he's a valuable member of the forum and would be very sorry indeed if he really was 'done'.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    @ EnYBOLa

I have just posted a Brief Summaries thread in which in the OP, I have linked all the main d/l sites, but what maybe of interest to you is that I have also made comments on the differences between the different sites, some of which may be ideas for you to incorporate in 'The Former Keepers House'.

Secondly one headache / issue that can occur for some people when looking for a mission is that some missions have 2 names (Rise of the Mechanists/Mechanists on the Rise, Quelle Galare/What a Drag etc) so please feel welcome to use these new tables as a pretty comprehensive listing of the correct names for each mission along with their secondary titles (which I have always included) for when you get to actually start linking missions into your site.

As an aside, I am of the opinion that it's your site and you should call it whatever you wish, so do not be tempted to accommodate other peoples likes or dislikes as you can't please everyone.
    Thanks fortuni. I'll consider your ideas in order to analyze and include them to TFKH.

Then... ok.

1. Well, in conclusion, should I definitely change the name? I know this is my personal project but the main idea is that it should be created and be part of our Thief's community.

2. Guys, do you have main features u'd like to be implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by EnYB0La View Post
    2. Guys, do you have main features u'd like to be implemented?
    It's already beyond my requirements thank you! As far as a name I'd think something archive-y would suite it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    It's already beyond my requirements thank you! As far as a name I'd think something archive-y would suite it.
    Please, can you explain what do you mean by "archive-y" and/or give us a concrete example maybe?

Desperately dodgy geezer
    Complete Thief Mission Archive?

FM Keeper Annals?

*Who is Keeper Annals?*

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    If your going to include TDM missions it's arguable that having the word Thief in the title could be a little mis-leading unless you also included TDM.
    ie Complete Thief & TDM Mission Archive?

How about 'Garrett's Grotto'?

As for the interface of TFKH, to my eyes there is too much whiteness in the interface, page after page of whiteness could be annoying, even difficult to read after to much scrolling up and down, some pastel colour would be a lot more accommodating.

What's the name of that 'law' that any time a community project is announced everyone will spend 90% of the time arguing about what to call it? Lol

I have to say, "Garret's Grotto" sounds like a nsfw site

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    You got it. This is a place where all the missions are at yes? So it's like a library or archive. So keeper's library, or keeper mission library or what not makes more sense to me. Other synonyms for archive, or storage or the like. Keeper's Chambers? Keeper's Port?

2017/12/07

After months of mockups, studies and local researches, I decided to totally drop Angular and Bootstrap in order to be able to build easily my web application. I finally decided to use Hugo, which is a static website generator written in Go, which renders HTML views in milliseconds, which uses JSON/YAML data and which is really more simple to use compared to Angular.

Also and as discussed in this thread, I changed the name of the project from The Former Keeper's House to something more generic and more understandable: Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive.

I created a proper GitHub account and two repositories: https://www.github.com/etfma/

The idea is that everyone can contribute to the database adding/updating Fan Missions Markdown files using Git/GitHub features. It is possible to add new fan missions to the database basing the YAML content architecture on this default archetype: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/et...pes/default.md

The new content has to be pushed with a Pull Request in this repository: https://github.com/etfma/etfma-fanmissions

I published a README.md file to explain the steps to scaffold locally the application if someone wants to contribute: https://github.com/etfma/etfma-website

Changelog

1. Totally dropped Angular and Bootstrap in order to be able to build and use something more simple.
    2. Scaffolded new project based on Hugo.
    3. Created a proper Sass Framework for the project instead of using big Bootstrap.
    4. Added Font Awesome as iconic visual framework.
    5. Reworked JSON/YAML Fan Missions database.
    6. Totally reworked web design for something more attractive/minimalist.
    7. Changed project's name from The Former Keeper's House to Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive.

Technology

Hugo 0.30+

Preview

This is a local test that shows retrieved Fan Mission YAML keys value into the main fanmission layout. I'm now working on creating a designed view based on this content.

The Header and the Footer are definitive.

Last edited by EnYB0La; 7th Dec 2017 at 12:51.
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive: [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit: [TTLG thread]

I'd like to know if the community can review this content archetype and tell me if a fan mission needs less or more information (maybe reviews?) [source]:

Code:
    title: ""
    author:
      name: ""
      ttlgpropfileid: ""

details:
      description: ""
      game: ""
      ttlgthread:
        threadtitle: ""
        url: ""
      category: ""
      contest:
      languages:
        - ""
      version: ""
      newdark:
        isrequired: false
        minrequiredversion: ""
      originalreleasedate: ""
      lastupdatedate: ""
      characteristics:
        hascustommotions: false
        hascustomcreatures: false
        hascustomobjects: false
        hascustomsounds: false
        hascustomtextures: false
        hascustomscripts: false
        hascustomgamesys: false
        hasbgmusic: false
        hasmovies: false
        hasmap: false
        hasautomap: false
        hasbooksandscrolls: false
        hasgoaldescription: false

extras:
      download:
        main: 
          sourcename: ""
        mirrors:
          - sourcename: ""
      screenshots:
        sourcename: ""
        urls:
          - ""
      youtube:
        videoid: ""
        author:
          channelid: ""
      walkthroughs:
        - sourcename: ""
          language: ""
    Here a real example.

It's really easy to understand. This is YAML, an alternative to JSON.

These are great. I can't get too deep into all that should be there but it may be important to consider incompatibility notations; Such when the author says a certain mod will mess up the intended experience of their mission either by hard errors, unintended changes to gameplay, or an insult to the aesthetics purveyed by the author. While some may argue they will get this info if they read readme, I would argue that not all authors may know until later and may not update a zip just to make new readme, and, it's just nice to see that right away in a filtered list.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    [...] to consider incompatibility notations; Such when the author says a certain mod will mess up the intended experience of their mission either by hard errors, unintended changes to gameplay, or an insult to the aesthetics purveyed by the author. [...]
    Code:
    details:
      technicalinformation:
        - ""
    So, inspired by Yandros Death's Cold Embrace fan mission + this content archetype, the Markdown fille should be something like:

Code:
    details:
      technicalinformation:
        - "Disable any upgrades or enhancement packs, including the EP or EP2. This isn’t only because we want you to experience the missions the way they were designed; there were also numerous crashes during testing with EPs enabled."
        - "Before beginning, check your Audio settings and make sure Audio Channels is set to at least 12. One tester had very bad issues with certain missions with it set below 12."
    Should I consider to add two new entries: author's gameplay tips and FM credits?
    Last edited by EnYB0La; 8th Dec 2017 at 10:18.
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive: [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit: [TTLG thread]

Quote Originally Posted by EnYB0La View Post
    [CODE]Should I consider to add two new entries: author's gameplay tips and FM credits?
    It seems like those are okay to be deeper, so if someone wanted to look into it they can, but I worry about making a sorted list too busy. But again I haven't fully considered how this will be visually.

2017/12/10

Just a small preview of a possible FM single template:

Last edited by EnYB0La; 10th Dec 2017 at 14:18.