TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Santa better bring me a...

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation 4

12 21.43%
  • Xbox One

2 3.57%
  • Still insisting on a PC, once I get a new video card

15 26.79%
  • Not buying a new system anytime soon

27 48.21%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Going for a PS4 or Xbox One?

omg dethtoll! UNFUNFUNFUNFUNFUFN

hi

El Shagmeister

*Shags Piglet's drunk ass with his 3 cocks*

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    *Shags Piglet's drunk ass with his 3 cocks*

Only 3?

So, I bought a Wii U around the holidays. It's a lot of fun. There's quite a few really good games. I love Wonderful 101, and SM3D world is fantastic. The Wii U pro controller has to be one of the best ones I've ever used too. I don't know what I'd be playing if I had an xbone or ps4. Probably nothing.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

God of War 3 Remastered has been announced for a July release. In other news 8th gen consoles still have no games.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/03/2...-coming-to-ps4
    God of War III Remastered will be hitting PS4 on July 14, according to Sony.

The updated version of the game will feature 1080p graphics and other additions, all done to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the franchise.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

OH SHIT. This is like the Steam Controller's Anti-Christ.

Console Transitions Can Be "Super Disruptive," Xbox Scorpio Aims to Fix That

Microsoft says this might be the last console generation

I for one welcome our new "generation-less" console overlords! Down with having to rebuild game libraries and buy all new peripherals every 6+ years, up with software backward compatibility + hardware accessory forward compatibility!

Picture it:- consoles shift to a mobile-esque model where there's just one constantly evolving software platform that might necessitate a new set-top box every 3 years or so. It would put the concept of remastered cash grabs to bed at last. There should be no more Playstation 4, 5, 6, etc, just Playstation where the games released in 2013 will still be playable 10+ years later on the current hardware available at the time.

The Xbox Scorpio device will usher in a new wave of thinking as it relates to console generations.

On the latest Inner Circle podcast, Xbox director Albert Penello spoke about how the new Scorpio device, which launches in 2017, is Microsoft's attempt at "thinking beyond console generations." While previous transitions, like the one from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, have been "disruptive"--for developers and gamers alike--the move to Scorpio will be different. The device introduces the idea that Xbox consoles exist in the same family, with the games and peripherals you own able to move forward with you.

"You hear us talking about thinking beyond console generations. It's not the idea that you don't want to do consoles anymore or that there's not going to be more performance [in the future with new systems]," Penello said. "But if you go back and look at console generations, they're always super exciting when something new comes out, but they're super disruptive.

"They're really hard on developers, because they have to learn how to program on these new machines; they're really hard on customers, which I think sometimes people forget," he added. "You have to give up a lot of stuff. The idea [for Scorpio and the future] is, can we smooth that out, can this be more about a family, can we think beyond, 'We're gonna do this one and then stop and then start all over again.'"
    Spencer spoke about wanting to see a steady stream of hardware innovation rather than seven-year gaps between consoles, citing the smartphone market as inspiration. Greenberg went one step further. In his opinion, this is the last console generation. "We think the future is without console generations," he said, explaining that Project Scorpio was a "big bet" that gamers will embrace that notion.

Q: The Xbox platform has moved forward to have such regular updates and new features coming all the time. It kind of seems like hardware is going the same way. There was a very short gap between the Xbox One and the Xbox One S, and we're probably talking an even shorter gap before Project Scorpio. Do you see a future of console upgrades continually happening? Is this the last console generation?

Greenberg: I think it is. ... For us, we think the future is without console generations; we think that the ability to build a library, a community, to be able to iterate with the hardware -- we're making a pretty big bet on that with Project Scorpio. We're basically saying, "This isn't a new generation; everything you have continues forward and it works." We think of this as a family of devices.

But we'll see. We're going to learn from this, we're going to see how that goes. So far I'd say, based on the reaction, there appears to be a lot of demand and interest around Project Scorpio, and we think it's going to be a pretty big success. If the games and the content deliver, which I think they will do, I think it will change the way we think about the future of console gaming.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 22nd Aug 2016 at 22:14.

That actually doesn't sound so bad.

And now for a possibly stupid question. If we're not going to have "console generations" anymore and yet they still want to innovate, wouldn't we still be upgrading hardware at some point down the line? I mean, even with your smartphone, they still come out with new smartphones every few years. There was the iphone 5, iphone 6, iphone 6+; android 4, android 5, etc. etc.

How would that be handled? Would consoles essentially become PCs, where you just modulate it and say, pull out the hard drive every few years for a better one rather than getting a whole new console, or would it just be that you buy a new one much less often but that regardless of what happens the library stays consistent? I mean, with new hardware comes backwards compatibility issues. They would have to stay committed to insuring that old games would still be compatible with whatever new "console" or whatever it is we would be calling these things.

Course, while writing this, I was just thinking that I guess it would be like Windows, where Windows is usually around for several years before some new edition comes out but there are still updates along the way. I guess with this new idea they are proposing, even with new hardware, they'd just iterate upon the existing OS or whatever you want to call it rather than starting over for the next piece of console hardware.

Reviving this thread to say that I've created a TTLG community (called, for some obscure reason, "Through the Looking Glass TTLG"). It's pretty spartan right now, but it might be an easy way to play with those of you who don't come out in pus-filled boils when even considering the possibility of playing on a console.

Not quite sure how the process of joining communities works, but if you want to join but can't for some reason, drop me a note (ideally with your PSN username) and I'll befriend and invite you. Trust me, I'm friendly and harmless. Mwhaha.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

X1X = Uncompromised.

Moderator and Priest
    Gamer bros make me want to punch the world til it dies.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456