TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2525762677277828792979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2708

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Zombified
    I have no idea what I should imagine after reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    I have no idea what I should imagine after reading that.
    Didnt explain well myself here.
    Nothing to do with gameplay.
    Its because Im using a different texture for that door and I see that the door texture is flipped horizontally.
    Using the default texture you wont notice it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16iG...ew?usp=sharing

i have also encountered the bug where doors disappear. However i have seen this happen in a few other missions and some fan missions so it is not just the mage towers that has this issue, at least for me

Mission 4 Assassins

Hi! the other day i was playing Theif Gold with the new 1.2 HD MOD and I noticed a glitch with the mission endings on expert. If you exit Ramirez's Place trough the main entrance it will throw the new Objective to return to your side of town. However, if you jump in the moat that is below the library balcony and exit though the water fall that takes you into the streets the mission will end without throwing the new Objectives.

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli

ah ok

T2X m7: the elevator in the church is very buggy. It is quite easy to get stuck partway up the shaft going up or down, especially down.

m9: When the Hammers shoot the cannon I think they are both meant to run inside and fight the smugglers, but this rarely happens. More often than not one just stays there facing the canon. Could really use him to also run in more regularly, to help thin out the numbers of free traders.

In NewDark broadhead arrow shooted to archer's head while he is alerted of course will decrease his health by 1 value, rope arrow also by 1 value? In OldDark also?

Zombified
    yes, I think? anyway, you are the resident oldDark expert, why don't you find out and tell us?

In fanmission "The Library" is possible to open the door by lockpicks and possible to close the door by key for infinite times (room with hammers). Any other OM's and FM's with this strange ability exists?
    Last edited by Xmodule999; 6th Dec 2017 at 07:05.

Dttirin klist oft mur mttli
    There's nothing strange about this. Any door with Pickcfg and KeyDst can be opened and closed with a key and opened again with Lockpicks.
    The Stupid Grimrock Quote Reloaded has a door like this (Alchemist House front door). The setting is intentional.

Having recently played a number of TDM missions and certain AAA games, I wonder if it is possible for TFix to incorporate a back-up quick save. ie have a secondary quicksave slot, meaning if you accidentally quicksave when you meant to quickload instead you will be able to reload from a very much closer location than where you last hard saved (which sometimes can be a very long way back in the mission).

Question also posted in Tafferpatch thread.

Zombified
    I don't think so. just don't bind them to keys that are close by and all should be good.

Zombified
    1.25d is up, last batch from the gdoc, latest NVscript added, plus enabled ATOC texture edge smoothing. I don't think I'll have enough time to do thiefy stuff until this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    1.25d is up, last batch from the gdoc, latest NVscript added, plus enabled ATOC texture edge smoothing. I don't think I'll have enough time to do thiefy stuff until this summer.
    The Lite version has been also updated?
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Zombified
    yes (the archive name always carries the date of its release, so this should be fairly obvious), however only very few fixes were added there, as the lite build is pretty much only about getting rid of the most evil stuff that shouldn't exist under any circumstances.

Thanks
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Im using a skyhw folder which is way lighter than the one in TFix (51 MB less) and I see it has the same number of textures, names and format.
    I dont remember where I got it from.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JGD...ew?usp=sharing

By the way, whats ATOC texture edge smoothing and where is it in TFix pack?

Zombified
    open cam_ext.cfg and look for ATOC.

Thanks for TFix

Thief was my favorite game back in 1998. My roommate in college found the demo and we played on a severely underpowered PC. It took over 5 minutes to load the Lord Bafford demo each time we died but we played it over and over. The next year I got a better PC with a whopping 128mb of ram and went on to play T2, TDS and T2X.

I've been wanting to play again and even though I still have my pentium 2 350mHz system in the basement, I wanted to play on my winXP Radeon x800 and TFix did the trick. The whole 'dual-core messing up old games' really made it impossible to enjoy a lot of older games. Half the time when I try to play Raven Shield if I alt-tab out at the start of a mission to uncheck core 1 the game runs great, other times it runs like molasses.

Right now I'm halfway through cragscleft and the zombies/spiders in the mines still scare me. I love the personality of the Hammers the way they whistle, or recite Hammer philosophy while on guard duty. Thief really was the pinnacle of gaming atmosphere, it's all been downhill the last 18 years.

Two questions:

1. I'm not sure what type of sound card I have in this machine. It might be integral motherboard sound. Under sound,video and game controllers it just says -audio codecs, -legacy audio codecs, -media control devices, -realtek HD audio. It seems like when I run the game with 8 audio channels and no eax it works fine. But if I try to go to 16-32 and turn on eax it get strange static shrieks at certain moments (like entering water or hitting an enemy with a sword). I feel like this was a problem also on my previous PC which was a pentium 4 with windowsME. Has anyone had similar sound issues and am I missing anything by using basic sound settings? The eax also has a lot of echo to it like clapping my hands inside an airplane hanger so I usually prefer it off.

2. A few years ago...2011? I downloaded the Thief mod to play using the Doom3 engine. I've never got around to installing it although I still have D3 on this pc. Are there any links to reviews of it here? I think it was the circle of stone and shadow mod that was being worked on for years.

Back around 2005 I tried to learn DromEd but only managed to make a few simple rooms and could never get the hang of building something bigger than 4 connected rooms. I always wanted to make a fan mission where Garret had to approach a ruined castle through a moonlit forest. It would be a pagan or thieves guild hideout and there would be archers in the trees to sneak by or shoot. Then inside the ruins once you got the treasure/objective you'd fall through the floor into a spider cave maze. The only light source would be a glowing sword or occasional fluorescent moss on the walls. Finding an exit back to the surface would be the new goal.

thedarkmod.com, it's standalone now, you don't need Doom 3 anymore. Also, cosas has nothing to do with dark mod.

Zombified
    1. audio acceleration may not work for everyone. just experiment until you find a setting that sounds ok (might need to install openAL to see all the options).

Is still possible to grab Felix' notes in Cragscleft without silver key. This is something that needs fix?

Zombified
    it is. now be a big boy, and log it into the tracker yourself - the obj id is 558.

Here is link to bugpack - https://www.sendspace.com/file/wica3w , also possible to download from my Chomikuj channel (but not for free notwithstanding).

Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2525762677277828792979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast