TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 271217222324252627

Thread: My first FM "The Mystery Man" released! (26/03/2001)

... and don't forget the Bathory series, The Dracula series and Seven sisters All for T2.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

It's nice to welcome a new member but let's get the thread back on topic now. Thanks!

Table!

Hi, I got Alexei's plate and dunked it. The opening under the table in the dining room appeared but the table top is still in the way. Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious please?

Awesome mission!
    Last edited by Manzanita; 30th Dec 2011 at 04:07. Reason: compliment

The table top should open as well so you can climb up on it and drop down through it into the floor opening. Did that not happen? If not, I'd suggest you try dunking the plate again and if that doesn't work, try starting again from a save.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    The table top should open as well so you can climb up on it and drop down through it into the floor opening. Did that not happen? If not, I'd suggest you try dunking the plate again and if that doesn't work, try starting again from a save.
    Thanks Nightwalker. I'll try a save

Super mission outta four hours, a gain of about 13000

It's an oldie but a goodie. The first FM I ever played.

Somewhat puzzled--- I played this missions about 10 years ago and now I want to replay it, only whenever I try to boot it up, it goes straight to "Thieves Guild." Anyone know what might be causing this? I've had no issues with any other fan missions, TG or T2.

Some details:
    I'm using Darkloader
    I've got the most recent TFix installed
    I've got the TG HD texture mod installed

Any thoughts? Thanks all!

have you tried cleaning up your Thief files

Clean up of files

Occasionally you will find that you'll start a new mission and run into problems. For instance, you might load one mission and when you start to play you'll see something that indicates you're going to be playing a mission other than the one you selected or you might experience crashes.

Sometimes DarkLoader or GarrettLoader fails to clean up the Thief folder while uninstalling an FM, so you might have to do it manually:

Install the original game missions and delete any remains of the following folders in your main Thief folder:

Pal
    Bitmap
    Books
    Fam
    Intrface
    Obj
    Mesh
    Strings
    Motions

but don't delete the movies, crfs or the res folder!

Next, reinstall the mission you want to play and it should load properly.

Playing on Expert\Garrett. I'm trying to find Hector's room. And there's a painting in the art gallery with noises coming from it, but I can't find a switch to open it

Can't remember but perhaps the answer is here...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=mystery

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    Can't remember but perhaps the answer is here...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=mystery
    Found it, thanks

Is there any site that still hosts this fm? Can't seem to find it anywhere, and thiefmissions.com doesn't seem to work anymore.

EDIT: nvm. found it on Tafferparadise. Kind of troubling how few of the sites still work these days...
    Last edited by slavatrumpevitch; 16th Oct 2016 at 19:05.

This is my first TG Fan mission I'm playing, what a masterpiece. However I have the same problem as some of you regarding Alexei plate. I am playing on Expert and I've tried multiple times to throw the plate into the sink, but in the dining room it opens only the hole under the table, so I can't climb down under.

Does anybody remember how many times it is needed to "wash" the plate on Expert, so that it also opens/moves the table, not only the hole (that is what I understand it should happen)? I am playing the latest TG version, ND 1.25.

Only once. The table doesn't move, a flap in the centre of the table should open as per screenie. It worked fine when I last played, when it was TFix 1.23, if you send me a save prior to when you use the plate I'll check to see if it works at my end.

If you want I can also give you a quicksave but Its a complex mission so youll need to let me know what you have done up to this point and I'll then have to use an old save to catch up with you and then open the table, so it may not be tonight. Let me know.

Last edited by fortuni; 26th Dec 2017 at 14:27.

Thank you, fortuni, for quick answer and help. After some more attempts I figured out what caused the table to not open. It was either a knife or tray, which I left displaced, stuck vertically in the centre of the table, I think just at the place when it should open. Had never experienced that before, so after moving the stuff from the centre of the table, Alexei plate finally did its homework properly.

Classic Thief issue. Ive lost count the number of times I could not open a door, spent hours looking for another way in, only to find eventually I had thrown a small item such as a knife across the room and it was blocking the door from opening.

Glad your on the way.

Yeah.

Well, another thing. I have all the talismans and the only thing left is to get info on Mystery man. I've arrived to the talisman room where the Earth talisman pedestal is missing. Is this correct, or do I have to do something to trigger it? I've just watched Fen's walk through (only his last part up until here) and he has them all. Screenshot:

Yes you definitely have a problem. Here are 2 quicksaves. The first one before you have used the Talismen, and in case that does not work, the second is after I have used the Talismen (they open a door to the right of the Talismen). Take note of your loot count, as I have 100% of available loot up to this point 12,969.

Quicksave 1
    Quicksave 2

And again thanks! I used the first one and managed to complete the mission.
    Do you have any idea what caused the problem?

No. But little bugs occur, especially with the older missions, sometimes it's because your using darkloader which can misread the authors instructions (that's why it is recommended to use FMsel or NewDarkloader), sometimes it's your windows giving you grief and other times it's Newdark. Dromed is a 20 year old engine, you wouldn't expect to drive a 20 year old car without the occasional splutter.
    Last edited by fortuni; 27th Dec 2017 at 13:56.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 271217222324252627