TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: T2 FM: Nosferatu - updated to v1.1 (13 Nov, 2017)

I am stuck in this mission: I have the Overlook, and Caretaker keys and a majority of the secret coins. Is the main gate next to the kitchen? If so, how do I get to the throne room? And I need to get to the overlook to get the main gate key. At ideas? I like this castle, it's true sensut style. Great job Csabi!

After an hour searching for the over look, I found it, should be embarrassed, passed this alcove 5 times at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    IIRC, you need a certain key to operate the clock.
    Thank you, but where is the key

I could be wrong but I don't recall a key for that. I think you need to have the objective to find the holy sphere and then the clock highlights so you can open it. You need to make sure you read things in the mission as some things can't be done until you've read the right note.

I have read the diary and I do have the objective for the clock but it only highlights and the time will not change. This is why I gave up one the first version also. I have the newest one and I cannot set the clock??

Once it highlights, I just have to click on it to advance the hands. I'm afraid I can't help with the technical side of things. Hopefully, Sensut or somebody else will be able to sort it out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    I have read the diary and I do have the objective for the clock but it only highlights and the time will not change. This is why I gave up one the first version also. I have the newest one and I cannot set the clock??
    Just frob the clock (use) again and again and you see how the hands are moving. When they are both on 12, the small safe door below will open and take the HS.

Sensut I am standing in front of clock it highlights and I have frobbed it a hundred plus times and the hands will not move do you want me to send you my save game? I also changed my use key from mouse to keyboard but same result??

Sensut I sent you an E-Mail with my save game, hope you can find the problem.

This is a Great mission and I want to finish it
    Last edited by pwl; 18th Dec 2017 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Just frob the clock (use) again and again and you see how the hands are moving. When they are both on 12, the small safe door below will open and take the HS.
    The save you gave me did the trick!! I got her to the exit point now I am going back to finish some of the other bits.

Thank you so much Sensut This is a masterpiece.

Sensut!
    Did you add 3 flares? Because if you didn't there should be a 1.2 comming out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by neux View Post
    Sensut!
    Did you add 3 flares? Because if you didn't there should be a 1.2 comming out soon!
    Flares? For why?

I confess that I've waited with bated breath for 2 days to get through the activation system and finally post in this thread. And all I have is some pretty inconsequential points.

1. I've realized that the castle is in fact based on a real structure, but I'm wondering if I'd be able to navigate the place in real life after I've spent several hours frobbing every centimeter of the virtual reproduction. In other words, how accurate is it?

2. I've heard that some letters are pronounced differently in Hungarian. Do you say your username "Senshut" by any chance?

Thanks Sensut! Castle is lovely and so intricately decorated. Incredible that the whole mission fit on one map.
    Thanks for using candles and torches because they feel more cozy and more realistic than the usual electric generator and electric lights and switches.

Made screenshots of the Castle courtyard. Very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by supermikhail View Post
    I confess that I've waited with bated breath for 2 days to get through the activation system and finally post in this thread. And all I have is some pretty inconsequential points.

1. I've realized that the castle is in fact based on a real structure, but I'm wondering if I'd be able to navigate the place in real life after I've spent several hours frobbing every centimeter of the virtual reproduction. In other words, how accurate is it?

2. I've heard that some letters are pronounced differently in Hungarian. Do you say your username "Senshut" by any chance?
    This map is just based on the real Bran castle, but is not exactly the same. This is why its name does not appear anywhere in the game. It's impossible to reproduce in 1 in 1 that building in Dromed mainly because of its small size. Who was there knows what I'm talking about. The castle in reality is so small that it is impossible to keep the proportions in Dromed. The whole building is a narrow labyrinth where the tallest room is slightly higher than an adult man, which size in Thief would be only 9-10 units, just a bit higher than a normal Thief door, and this scale would keep us stuck everywhere. The exterior and the courtyard is in 90% identical to the real, but the interior layout is almost entirely my imagination based on the real rooms. So if you want to visit this place, just follow the tour guide inside.
    My nickname does not mean anything in any language so you can pronounce as you wish

Quote Originally Posted by partol View Post

What's the brand and model name of your PC monitor? This FOV is gorgeous!
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Quote Originally Posted by EnYB0La View Post
    What's the brand and model name of your PC monitor? This FOV is gorgeous!
    29" LG 29UM58-P 2560x1080 IPS 60Hz (overclocked to 67Hz)
    It's the cheapest 29" Ultrawide (21:9) available. Other ultra-wides are higher resolution or have more features/ports but cost much more.
    Only has 2 HDMI ports but that's fine because my notebook/latop only has one HDMI out.
    Image quality is very good. No dead pixels. Bright colors. I am very happy with it.
    Don't buy the 25" LG 2560x1080 Ultra-wide. It's too small. Only buy 29" or 34". 29" 2560x1080 is same height as 23" 1920x1080.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Flares? For why?
    Perhaps someone wants to reach some unreachable place and needs three flares to finish the stack? (just speculating...)

I've done a... weird (or as I like to call it, "dramatized") playthrough: https://youtu.be/m2ZAdqaBPjE

Ahem, anyway, it may be extremely cringe-worthy, for all I know, since I've never done anything like that... But, well, it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by supermikhail View Post
    I've done a... weird (or as I like to call it, "dramatized") playthrough: https://youtu.be/m2ZAdqaBPjE

Ahem, anyway, it may be extremely cringe-worthy, for all I know, since I've never done anything like that... But, well, it's there.
    It's not cringey at all, it's actually interesting. Sort of like a walk through with a game trailer voice. I would like to see more of there with other FMs.

Phew... Thanks, that's a relief. On the other hand, I'm worried that this might be a unique situation. At least it feels to me that the relaxed pace of this mission allows plenty of space for cuts. Whereas, in a more standard mission I would be constantly twitching the camera around looking out for taffers, which makes cutting, and also writing... really difficult. But we'll see. Of course, it's not the only relaxed mission out there.

Gorgeous

I am part way through the mission. I just wanted to comment on the setting.

The scale and grandeur of the landscape is breathtaking even if the detail is simplistic.

The castle, however, is not only awesome in its design and scale, but also beautifully detailed. Who else puts smoke smudges on the ceiling meticulously above the torches and candles in the rooms?

The amount of work that went into this mission is hard to imagine. And the complexity of the architecture is simply mind-blowing. Maybe it will become clearer as I wander around more, but right now I am amazed that anyone could design this.
    I do wonder, though, was it based upon an actual, existing castle?

Well, on to further exploration...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456