TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: First contact

First contact

Could it be? The whole world is breathing slowly and silently right now.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...raft-fssjxs6rt

Another article on it without the sign-up gating

My prediction is that it's just interstellar flotsam blown out of some distant, ancient cataclysm in another star system. But I'm more than happy to be wrong in this case.

Unlikely, and given that it's already on its way out of the solar system, I wouldn't bother holding your breath. Also, that link is gated (ninja'd).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ʻOumuamua

It's Rama. We must rendezvous with it.

If you stopped to talk to every early spacefaring biomass still in its pure meat stage, you'd never get anywhere.

It's the beginning of the Tyranid invasion, we're all screwed I tell ya.

Nah, Hellboy had it right from the beginning.

The observation mission has been strangely silent for the past 24 hrs. Do they know something we don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Unlikely, and given that it's already on its way out of the solar system, I wouldn't bother holding your breath.
    The aliens have obviously discovered that there's no intelligent life on this planet and they're leaving us to our fate. We're just not worth the bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Craeftig View Post
    The observation mission has been strangely silent for the past 24 hrs. Do they know something we don't?

Yep. The 'strange phenomenon' is accelerating in order to put some serious distance between itself and our planet. Those involved in the observation mission noted weird symbols appearing in red on the side of the phenomenon, the translation of which seems to be 'Go fuck yourselves. We're outta here, assholes.'.

I've just heard from my reliable anonymous source that Oumuamua is actually an alien spacecraft that is on an intergalactic mission to spread invisible chemtrails on every inhabited planet in our galaxy. My source also made a shocking revelation that it's Hillary Killary who's behind all this. She is running the operation from her top secret underground paedo-basement headquarters with the help of a few other high-ranking Reptilians. What this all really means and what the chemtrails are supposed to do, I do not know and I must do some more research, but know this, my friends: There's a secret war going on. Yes, that's right. A SECRET WAR.

ALL THIS IS TRUE. YOU MUST BELIEVE ME. WAKE UP AND STOP BEING SHEEPLE!!! I HEARD IT ON YOUTUBE BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU ANY MORE BECAUSE I FEAR THAT I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU TOO MUCH.

Where does DB Cooper fit into all of it?

It just had to be too fast for a probe. But perhaps it is a probe and picked up the info it needed before we saw it and put on the booster rockets on the evidence it found?

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    If you stopped to talk to every early spacefaring biomass still in its pure meat stage, you'd never get anywhere.
    It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact with meat? What's there to say? "Hello, meat. How's it going?"

Flap flap!

Still Subjective
    Shame it's not real.

First Contact would hopefully be the sobering event that would end much of the madness on this planet.

I don't actually have enough faith in humanity for that to happen though. Humans are such arseholes that war would be incredibly likely.

An increasing number of morons in my country at least would immediately brush news of that off as a government hoax.

And all you'd need is a trigger happy police guy or military person and it'd be all over.

Oh my god. Check the news.

"Recreational pot sales roll out in California..."

Yes, an enlightened attitude towards drugs is no 7 on the Vulcan civilization checklist right before invention of the warp drive.