TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: Object Repository

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I'm not sure that it worked out well, so any criticism is welcome.
    I think the models look really nice and the textures are a good base, but look a bit generic - they miss some details, like smaller folds or contact shadows (mostly between rope and the wrapping cloth).
    I actually made similar models for the Dark Mod back in the days. Not saying they're perfect, but this is to illustrate what I mean:
    http://www.juliusz.kei.pl/models/package.html

Same for the bags - adding smaller folds painted in textures would help.
    Last edited by PinkDot; 30th Dec 2017 at 15:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    That is very nice ! There will be low-poly version (to use lod) ? I think many of these high poly objects could add some lag in-game.
    Well, these are indoor objects. I use grasj1 as LoD (for all indoor and those that are obscured by others).

I do not think that it makes sense to place a bag with potatoes on the street (in this case, you really could see the grass instead of a bag ). But it's not difficult to make a LoD, and perhaps I will make them and add to the archives.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    I think the models look really nice and the textures are a good base, but look a bit generic - they miss some details, like smaller folds or contact shadows (mostly between rope and the wrapping cloth).
    I actually made similar models for the Dark Mod back in the days. Not saying they're perfect, but this is to illustrate what I mean:
    http://www.juliusz.kei.pl/models/package.html

Same for the bags - adding smaller folds painted in textures would help.
    I like your texture. I did it in a different way, so to speak, a lazy method. I do not really like to mess around with textures, so I just used my standard texture for all the objects where it's suitable. but I'll take this into account for the future. With a serious approach, each model must have its own texture.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718