TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35358636873788388939899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2693

Thread: TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold

Is still possible to grab Felix' notes in Cragscleft without silver key. This is something that needs fix?

Zombified
    it is. now be a big boy, and log it into the tracker yourself - the obj id is 558.

Here is link to bugpack - https://www.sendspace.com/file/wica3w , also possible to download from my Chomikuj channel (but not for free notwithstanding).

Short description about saves.

Trap is here - rather nothing to fix
    Texture - bad texture
    Undercover 2 textures + Bedfellows - bad textures
    2 bad textures - bad textures
    1 bad texture (grabbed SP from RAM - only need to grab speed potion near Ramirez
    No sound propagation x4 - no sound propagation
    Texture - bad texture
    Underground Assassins - nothing to fix
    Underground Haunted Cathedral - nothing to fix
    Bafford texture (bunnyhopping) - bad texture
    Bafford texture - bad texture
    (Angry saves that needs fix)
    Texture and sky hack - bad textures
    JUMP - key is redundant
    No sound propagation - the same
    Windowed bug - bad texture
    Two blue textures - the same
    New objectives = no new objective - only need to hit Ramirez by blackjack, then grab his money, jump to brush, run to last Assassins' route and there is no new objective
    TRAINING two cubes - little cubes to fix
    TEXTURE bug - the same
    Texture - bad texture
    Arrow to guard - strange guard that sometimes have 2 reacts (should be always 1 react)
    There is no grating in The Lost City - jump there and you are in the Lost City
    Texture - bad texture
    Blue visible - blue texture
    Mushroom in air - the same
    BUG BRUSH - the same

Zombified
    look what's here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2oqjGCISace3jw

I really AM serious about ignoring improperly reported issues you know.

voodoo47, a year ago someone uploaded a beautiful trophy candle object (trcandle.bin).
    could you please make a relightable trophy candle out of it ┤cause I would like to see it in my TFixed Thief Gold working properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qHb...ew?usp=sharing

Zombified
    the object needs to be vhotted - I'll make the request.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    the object needs to be vhotted - I'll make the request.
    Thanks voodoo47 (and Olfred too)
    Downloaded the modified object, tested it from scratch in Assassins and it works like a charm.

NewDark 1.25

my Thief: Gold has NewDark 1.23, how do i update to newdark 1.25, the version in this site seems to be only for T2 and SS2.

Just use tfix and it will update you

I'm using the latest GOG version, which has the latest newdark, and I also checked by installing Tfix. In both cases, in the first mission, after coming out of the water and into the manor, if I shoot the lamps in the first room with my water arrows, the lighting doesn't change. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know if it's a global problem or not, but it appears all the lighting is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
    I'm using the latest GOG version, which has the latest newdark, and I also checked by installing Tfix. In both cases, in the first mission, after coming out of the water and into the manor, if I shoot the lamps in the first room with my water arrows, the lighting doesn't change. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't know if it's a global problem or not, but it appears all the lighting is incorrect.

Screenshot of the lights in question.

Actually it looks like it's every lamp so far on the first level. The lightmaps just don't switch over. Just for reference, I booted up GOG's Thief 2, which also has newdark, and it works fine, and I also ran Thief Gold from steam (no newdark) and it works fine.

Installing TFix on top of the Steam version causes the same problem, meaning that it's not GOG's installation that is at fault.

Zombified
    as stated many, many times before, you need to either restart (meaning hitting the mission restart button, not just loading a save near the start), or complete the current mission after patching up.

OK. pcgamingwiki clarified that this can happen when you don't restart the mission after installing a TFix version. Not sure what sequence of events caused this originally, but it's resolved now.

Zombified
    well yes, that's what I've said. also, there is no sequence, it's simply what you have to do after patching mid-game.

Is there any chance you could get the HUD text to scale the same way depending on aspect ratio? When using 4K DSR on a 1080p monitor the text is too small to read.

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Edit cam_ext.cfg as you need it
    ; enable scaling of in-game 2D overlay (HUD), makes the things like current item/weapon text, or SS2
    ; HUD/panels, larger at resolutions of 1280x960 or higher with pixel perfect scaling (requires "use_d3d_display")
    ; NOTE: Enabling scaling may actually improve performance, especially at high resolutions.
    ;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 64
    ; alternatively a fixed 2D resolution can be defined, which is aspect ratio corrected and scaled up
    ; to the current resolution, without enforcing pixel perfectness (ie. filtering makes it a bit less crisp)
    ;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 640 480

Zombified
    "remove the semicolon from the ;d3d_disp_scaled_2d_overlay 64 line" is what you want, most likely.

Thanks. Setting it to 1920 1080 after 2d_overlay worked.

Zombified
    64 (auto) is what I would recommend.

does anybody know why only the first mission has clouds in the sky?

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    This is a skybox.

Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35358636873788388939899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast