TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: HoC - 1pt - A long way up - final version 1.03 Apr. 24/04

It works!!

I recently installed v1.21 (New Dark) on my new PC (yeah). I wondered what it would make of the Horns of Canzo -- A long way up, a long time favorite FM of mine I haven't been able to play because of some issues with the quicksand trap. I thought I'd give it a try and what do you know -- it worked!! I can now play past this point again!!

The only thing is that the FMSel gave me a warning about not being able to convert mp3 to wav (and asked me to download libmp3lame.dll converter). I went ahead and installed the FM and started playing it (I wouldn't have had any idea what to do with the lame converter anyway).

So now I'm going to play it through in earnest -- I just rushed through the beginning to get to the quicksand trap to try it out... What a great mission from Sterlino.

Is this a New Dark engine thing?

Hi all,

I'm replaying Horns of Canzo: A long way up.
    I can't play it on expert, because I need to BJ the weaponmaster to get his flare and key. They are blocked otherwise.
    On hard the blue key in the weaponshop is missing and the eyebull of the dartboard doesn't work.
    On Easy the waterlock isn't there.

Any suggestions here?
    Last edited by Tannar; 1st Sep 2014 at 19:01. Reason: Added spoiler covers

Holy Spoilers, Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Hi all,

I'm replaying Horns of Canzo: A long way up.
    I can't play it on expert, because I need to BJ the weaponmaster to get his flare and key. They are blocked otherwise.
    On hard the blue key in the weaponshop is missing and the eyebull of the dartboard doesn't work.

Any suggestions here?

Gloria, I added spoiler covers to your post and moved it to the appropriate thread. There is no reason to start new threads for questions about missions that already have threads.

As for your questions, I don't know the answer. I'm sure someone will come along who does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Gloria, I added spoiler covers to your post and moved it to the appropriate thread. There is no reason to start new threads for questions about missions that already have threads.

As for your questions, I don't know the answer. I'm sure someone will come along who does.
    SORRY about that! Thanks for reminding me
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

No worries. I hope you get it sorted.

Someone has an answer???
    Please

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    It's the same with Thief v1.18. My memory isn't very good on HoC, but I think the water lock is not supposed to be there on easiest difficulty Level ("poor"). It may even be that the barrier beyond that lock cannot be disabled on Poor. However, you can still win the mission.

I remember something else that was only possible on Poor, which opens a new way in a nearby area. On Poor, you can open a passage near the wooden bridge by hacking away the stalagmites/stalagtites in the partially flooded cavern with your blackjack or sword. Perhaps this is the way behind the barrier on Poor.

Concerning the other questions, I do not have an answer at the moment.

I'll try again on Poor than. I hope to get to all of the aerea's which are also on the higher levels.

I'm on the 'Poor' difficulty and i'm having a hard time finding the water key. I found all of the other ones but I still haven't found the water key. Could some one tell me where the water key is?

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyGuy101 View Post
    I'm on the 'Poor' difficulty [...]. Could some one tell me where the water key is?
    It's in the saloon or bar near the starting point. There is an area to the right of the toilets where several barrels of wine are in storage. You should find a box on a shelf there which contains the water key, and maybe a scroll as well.

Thanks for your help

just got done playing this on ghost setting and omg its was better then i remembered,of course i ended up taking different paths and missing stuff first time around,so i had to go back a least 3-4 different times to start of map,but well worth it,even after doing all but the "get all bonus'es optional objectives ,but all the rest were complete

for anyone who is looking for a serious challenge this mission is for you,also there is a part 2 already out and last i heard he is making part 3,i hope on thief 2

also the shop where you get items is interesting,here is a small tip =buy the sword=some areas to bash wooden planks/windows/etc at least 1 rope arrow i think you find 2 more as you play

its a pretty big mission even though it seems like it small at start

good luck anyone who beats it on ghost

and anyone who already has grats,was even pretty tough for me

thee were at least 2 doors i never got keys to or if i did get key i never went back to check

I'm replaying on medium difficulty, I got the air key and swam in the tunnel where the bridge is. got to where the walkway is but cannot get out of the water.....

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    It's easy to get there if you find a speed potion. There are also some mushrooms in the forest that work like speed potions.

I need some serious help.
    I'm in the underwater tunnels infront of the spot where I have to use the waterkey, but I can't get out of the water.

Edit: speedpotion doesn't work
    Last edited by Gloria Creep; 31st Mar 2018 at 12:07.

Confirmed for NewDark v1.25. This appears to be a problem with NewDark's "New Mantle". Turning off "New Mantle" did help for me.

To do so, open the file cam_ext.cfg in your Thief 2 folder with a text editor (such as "Editor" or "Notepad"), then look for a line containing "new_mantle" (just below the line "; enable new mantling code"). Place a semicolon (";") in front of "new_mantle", then continue from the spot where you have to climb out of the water. This should work now.

Since "Horns of Canzo" was made years before NewDark came up, I would recommend leaving "New Mantle" off until you have completed that mission, then turning it on again by removing the semicolon before "new_mantle" again. Many NewDark FM's need "New Mantle" enabled to work properly.

Is there a fix for the weapons shop bug? When buying items, they end up in the loot count instead of the normal inventory. Running the latest new dark.

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    When buying items, they end up in the loot count instead of the normal inventory.
    I cannot completely confirm that. I just bought a blackjack in the shop, and it appeared in the reception box there. Once I picked it up, the blackjack icon appeared as the last loot picked up in the loot count display of the inventory, but I also had a usable blackjack as a weapon from now on. There is no real problem visible there for me. Did you experience something else?

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    Is there a fix for the weapons shop bug? When buying items, they end up in the loot count instead of the normal inventory. Running the latest new dark.
    Which item? Upload a savegame, please.

Sorry everybody. This is working. Brain fart.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718