TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 321 of 323 FirstFirst ... 71221271276281286291296301306311316317318319320321322323 LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 8074

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Wow, so perfectionist. My list is a messy .txt.

https://youtu.be/E32G9LS5ZPA

The last thing I did was this. Here is a demo of my playground.

For any new FM builders that see this, I highly recommend making documents like this and the other's I mentioned above. Once you basically have the text version of your mission done, all you have to do is plop it in the world. Your mission will be so learned in your head, the architecture and scripting will be informed by it.
    If i had to do that amount of letters myself, I'm affraid I'd get exhausted of FM making even faster than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by leconbras View Post
    Wow, so perfectionist. My list is a messy .txt.
    https://youtu.be/E32G9LS5ZPA
    The last thing I did was this. Here is a demo of my playground.
    Ohhh the swinging sound is matched up well, really cool environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    If i had to do that amount of letters myself, I'm afraid I'd get exhausted of FM making even faster than ever.
    Yeah it could go that way for some. I personally have the ideas so immediately ready to go that typing them out wasn't anything other than fun, and some would be things I would forget if I didn't write them down. Also the more I put down, the more I had to look forward to as goals. Later after, as I'm building some areas and testing some things, I can go back and hash out the idea more.

If not an ideas list, I would def do a objective flowchart/document so you don't paint yourself into a corner.

Personal styles. I can see something like that coming out of a series of design team meetings for a professional game development company. It should, in the long run, help avoid miscommunication between 20 or 30 folk all working semi-independently towards the same goal. For me, personally, it is way too much detail, most of which will likely get thrown out once I find out that "DromEd just can't do that" (whatever it is). Besides, the only person I have to communicate with on my projects is me. And I don't need that much detail in talking to myself. But hey, if it works for you, great.

Besides, when you have painted yourself into a corner, you really have to get creative to get yourself out, and that can end up as the most interesting stuff in your mission.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    "DromEd just can't do that"
    I remember having very detailed plans for a mission and then DromEd just noped to like 90 percent of it: fun times. I should have a pretty huge document somewhere with all the scrapped ideas, so some day I will make the best game ever out of it -- ALL of it.

Great tower! I enjoy seeing the architecture before it's textured, but I definitely look forward to the final product! Also, that skybox is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    Oooh. Using DLEDTK
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Quote Originally Posted by EnYB0La View Post
    Oooh. Using DLEDTK
    I can now understand the DUs I'm seeing. *gets rope arrows ready*

ZylonBane
    I think you mean DUIs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    I think you mean DUIs.
    Edgy

I don't know when i will finish my campaign but now i slow my work.
    I had just broken with my gf and i don't really have motivation to work on dromed.

Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    I don't know when i will finish my campaign but now i slow my work.
    I had just broken with my gf and i don't really have motivation to work on dromed.
    I know what youŽre going trough , iŽve went through the same in 2014 and lost the will working on dromed for some months, but later youŽll get better. don't let that bring you down, youŽll find another girl/Woman.
    Last edited by Cardia; 13th Feb 2018 at 15:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    youŽll find another girl/Woman.

What do i hate in reskinning the most? Well, obviously the poor wrapping of original AI models.

Just pluggin away on this ole place. I've mapped the place in my mind by cross referencing like 300 photos. So I have most of what is supposed to be in, the inside places. However some places and things will have to be fictional for game play. Glad I've worked out the size and orientation to start, it plagued me.

Nothing really new, been playing A LOT of D&D lately with some friends so haven't been dromeding as of late.

Classical Master 2008
    That's looking mighty good! Only thing that stands out is the white trim in the second image - too clean and bright for the environment you are building.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    That's looking mighty good! Only thing that stands out is the white trim in the second image - too clean and bright for the environment you are building.
    agree, that trim fits better with Victorian environments, besides its to clean and bright. Use a darker trim instead, just a suggestion. Nice screens by the way

Since I'm reading this thread now...

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, recently registered member here! And since I have DromEd open at this very moment, I might as well post a screenshot of the mission I'm working on right now.

https://imgur.com/a/QCLrD
    (I've upped the brightness of the screenshot a bit)

It's a mansion which you have to break in to. (I know, pretty basic and there are already thousands of 'em out there.) It still needs a lot of work. This is actually the very first fan mission in Thief that I'm working on, and I'm actually hoping to release it (hopefully) within a few months. I am I guess a second (third?) generation Thief player, having only discovered TG and TMA something like 10 years ago when I was about 17 years old. The reason I've registered an account on this forum is because I was surprised and relieved that this community is still very alive to this day, which I think is fantastic!

Anyway, I've never contributed to a thread on TTLG so this is my very first post. But don't be surprised if you see me again in the near future, requesting help with taming the beast that is DromEd

I do love a nice mansion mission.
    Excellent stuff, and welcome to Ttlg!

Welcome justsomemusicguy, interesting how that mansion is being built.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Welcome justsomemusicguy, interesting how that mansion is being built.
    Yeah, it's funny, because I'm used to building maps for Doom. When you map out all the corridors and rooms in Doom, the architecture doesn't really have to make sense all the time because you can't build multiple floors on top of each other anyway. A whole other story for Thief, and so the mansion ended up having a... peculiar shape when looked at from outside. But I've decided to work with it and see what I can do to at least make the building look a bit appealing to the eye (or perhaps more importantly: make it look appealing to break into )

Quote Originally Posted by justsomemusicguy View Post
    ... But I've decided to work with it and see what I can do to at least make the building look a bit appealing to the eye (or perhaps more importantly: make it look appealing to break into )
    I've seen your posts to twitter, as I follow the #dromed tag. I'm more than confident you will achieve this

Working on the front entrance to Hilbert's High-rise Hotel---finally learning how to get custom textures and objects working!

Page 321 of 323 FirstFirst ... 71221271276281286291296301306311316317318319320321322323 LastLast