TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314

Thread: T2 FM: Insanity's Crescendo (6 May 2010) - Updated to v1.2, 22 Aug 2010

Man, what an adventure I got loads of fun out of it.

Without external help on Fortissimo:
    5hrs41min
    14265/19872
    53 K/O ( ) 17 Kills
    4/7 secrets
    2/2 optional obj
    3/5 bonus obj (including the easter egg room)

To be fair, from the start I was a bit disappointed by the first part, but then I suspected there would be something more to it, the thing I didn't suspect though was how much fun and how large chunk of the mission that 'more to it' would be.

The thing that impresses me the most is creativity, diversity, and plentitude of riddles in all Haplo's missions I've played so far (Among Two Storms, Unholy Vivid Innosence, and this one).
    YOU ARE THE MASTER OF RIDDLES SIR
    Additional great game mechanics help a lot too: coop in ATS and teleporter here. Also such not common elements as new monsters and means to destroy them delivered too, I mean the potion f.e..

Also, I love how the loot is hidden (it's nearly impossible to find it all on the first walkthrough), and that there are many optional and bonus objectives and easter egg.

Also, I loved the difficulty level on Fortissimo. Even though I generally prefer VERY difficult games, and I'd prefer if this mission was even more difficult on the highest difficulty setting, I must confess that it was close enough to my ideal. I spent like 30 mins trying to escape or kill Samoth, that alone was an experience that would be hard to forget. I was thinking on some puzzles really hard, and I liked that.

Story was interesting too, number and size of the texts were just right. The ending scene was of course epic

From fun things, I should mention that for about half an hour I tried to find a way to get to that damn room with a key on the floor. I tried to get in there through the window by stacking bodies and the crate, then I realized I wouldn't fit through the opening and thought how the heck I was supposed to reach that damned key trying to use various obects I had That of course was before I discovered the teleporter.

A must play for those liking puzzles and hard missions.

Thanks to clearing who suggested me to definitely try Haplo's creations when I asked if there was something heavy on puzzles realeased in recent years.

Now to the Sinister Awakening.
    Last edited by 242; 2nd Apr 2012 at 13:52.

playing on expert

Can´t pass the labirynth, i just read Ricebug walktrough and saw Fenalternate video walthrough, and still its not working for me, am i facing a bug?

So the labyrinth only works for those that acquire the scrolls to guide?

Yes, you need all the scrolls first.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Yes, you need all the scrolls first.
    ok...thanks Ali

game crashes at same spot

I am using version 1.2 of the game. And the game crashes at the same spot everytime it is just near the master bedroom on the second floor. I cannot even save the game it crashes as soon as i select save. i started a new game and did a save just before i open the master bedroom but i cannot load the save it crashes also.

How can i fix this please?
    is there a older version i could download and try please?

Thanks

A fully enjoyable replay in NewDark 1.22 - thanks Haplo for the pleasing nostalgy of the experience.

Just a word about the joyful statue "comments": while most of them - though I'm unsure about the Persian ones - are more or less naughty, the Hungarian one simply means "what day is today, Morosgovanyi (a name)?" Did you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by csamba View Post
    the Hungarian one simply means "what day is today, Morosgovanyi (a name)?" Did you know that?
    Indeed! The first line of Taxidermia: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410730/

I'm trying to replay some Haplo FMs and got through one by replacing the NVScript with a new version. Now I am getting the dreaded "NVScript" message on the gate in the basement by the furnace and I am blocked. I have tried the "bug fix" recommended above, but that does not work either. Playing with what I believe is a latest new dark and on a Win10 64 bit machine. Should I just uninstall and reinstall new dark? Or, maybe the game is just broken outright now...

not sure but if this is the mission where you need some kind of key to get beyond a gate under some stairs,it wont open,broken mission somehow,also if you drop in water before opening hospital door you game is over also

Quote Originally Posted by bjack View Post
    I'm trying to replay some Haplo FMs and got through one by replacing the NVScript with a new version. Now I am getting the dreaded "NVScript" message on the gate in the basement by the furnace and I am blocked. I have tried the "bug fix" recommended above, but that does not work either. Playing with what I believe is a latest new dark and on a Win10 64 bit machine. Should I just uninstall and reinstall new dark? Or, maybe the game is just broken outright now...
    That is a safeguard to make sure NV scripts are properly loaded and functioning. Maybe you could check with csamba (two posts above yours)? He has successfully played it under NewDark.

I've tried a new install of new dark and no luck. Oh well. I do remember playing this FM a long time ago. The etched windows and the patrolling guards are familiar. I could just install an "old" dark version in another folder and try that. Maybe later. Got to get back to work. Thanks Haplo for your FMs. I have enjoyed them in the past. I understand that you have moved on and have not touched DromEd for a very long time. Your crazy scary storylines in some FMs were a real treat. Sorry to hear you will probably not make more. Again thanks for what you did make.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    The NVScript.osm was renamed. Delete NVIC.osm in the FM folder and copy the new NVScript.osm there. Rename it to NVIC.osm
    This little dml should also work
    Code:
    DML1
    //Load NVScript//miss20.mis.dml
    #script "nvscript"
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 31st May 2017 at 04:12.

Thanks again Unna for another Haplo FM Repair Tip ! I used the rename technique. The "gate" is now open with no note posted. I haven't gone further yet, but I figure it should be fine from this point on.

Played and completed the mission straight from the download at Thief Missions today - using Darkloader 4.3 and New Dark 1.24 - without any problems and certainly no repairs needed (all objectives and secrets worked fine). Sorry to hear others are seeing playing issues with their version / set up .

Still think the teleport gizmo is one of the coolest things in all fan missions

This mission was excellent! But now I have a problem. Every FM and even the original T2 are stuck with this FM's main menu. I'm using Darkloader 4.3. I'm just gonna reinstall T2.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Check the Clean up of files section http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202 and don't use Darkloader any more

I entered the room with too much money the correct way, but I can't get out of there now. There's something broken with the ladder? Even if I use the device, throw it and teleport to it before it comes down I seem to just get stuck on the ladder. I can't move at all and usually after 5 seconds or so I just drop back down onto the floor.

Even though I had never seen this problem before, I just tried the mission in DromEd and could reproduce it. If you don't jump high enough to grab the ladder properly, you end up grabbing the tip of the ladder. In this state you won't be able to climb it, and will fall down to the floor after a few seconds.

Try jumping higher at the ladder. If you can't, it might be because you are slightly sunk in the floor due to the teleporter. You should be able to fix this by mantling up my photo and jumping down.

If all fails, send me your save game and I'll fix it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Try jumping higher at the ladder. If you can't, it might be because you are slightly sunk in the floor due to the teleporter. You should be able to fix this by mantling up my photo and jumping down.
    Success, no longer stuck trying to get up the ladder. I spent 10 min last night jumping around, climbing that small ledge there, trying to stand on bread loaves and crumpled papers. I don't know if running diagonally makes you jump higher but after a few attempts at that this morning it worked without having to stand on anything and I was able to climb up and out! Thanks for making such a fun map Haplo, now I can start on #3.

Results:
    2 Optionals
    3 Bonus
    3 Secrets
    12,458 Loot
    Last edited by Marmbo; 8th Feb 2018 at 12:13.

Great! And I'm glad to see people are still playing and enjoying my missions after all these years.

i stuck. i got the salt from the kitchen and i knocked out the guard on the balcony and get the key for the machine room. now i went down to the machine room, picked out the coins from the water in the machine room, but what shoud i do with the salt?

i throw it into the water , where i picked up the coins, but nothings happens

After dropping the salt, the water purifier next door will kick in (if I remember correctly you should be able to see a red light coming on in that room) and the extra load on the power supply will disable the security field upstairs.

correctly Haplo

now i got the bedroomsmasterkey and in the bedroom of the butler .
    spoiler:
    there is one notice that he believe the last number of the code will be a 1

where are futher infos and how can i open the lock behind the box in the room, where i got the bedroom master key?

Remember the butler has to read the book and then open the safe.
    Hint: Try to make the butler's hand dirty.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314