TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - A Short Night's Work - 26 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    @maika,

It is not clear to me exactly where you have been and where you are. There are a number of windows. Please describe in detail where you are and what you see. For example, the second major area after the harbor is the Hammerite buillding. That and the Hammerite Tower are accessible (after many twists and turns) by following a high ledge above the harbor water that is outside the Princess's room.
    thanks for replying ... it really is an amazing thief mission ... ok i have opened the gate to get into the harbor ... i then went to the weapons shop and explored the rooms upstairs that extend off of this ... found one secret which opened a vent in the floor which i followed as well til the end ... i then went back outside the weapons shop to the corner in the harbor and mantled up and went down some stairs and then up some stairs which eventually took me to a small barracks ... i can see guards out the window but the lock to the gate doesn't fob and i seem to just meet dead ends ... i have retraced my steps thinking i am missing a lock ... i do have one key the harbor tower key ... any help much appreciated ... not sure where the princess room is or the building with a pool

wow finally broke through ... thanks
    Last edited by maika; 8th Feb 2018 at 17:56.

oh no ok stuck again ... i am at the window which is half open ... i followed your instructions of where to put the arrow and tried mantling before i reached the ledge ... but just keep faling off ... i checked my new-mantle setting in t2 file and there was no semicolon before it so that's not it ... any more help here stuck but still loving the game

I am totally stuck. I did everything all the way to the Mayor and beyond. I cannot find a way to Alexander. What am I missing? I've been from the harbor to the swimming tunnel where you end up at the generator and everything in between. Where exactly do you enter? I tried climbing the north wall at the start and got down and it ticked off my objective of finishing the game, but still couldn't get in that way either.

This mission takes away almost all control from the player, even basic stuff like character movement. Either this was bulilt by a newbie, or someone who likes to be an "evil dungeon master". All the ledges seem to be at wrong height, climbing obstacles and windows feels almost random (and I do have new mantle enabled). Even getting out of the first room is inconsistent trial and error, as you can get stuck and you have no idea why. None of this is fun for me, so I guess I'm out.

@Philflound: At the Mayor's house, did you climb the ladder E of the entrance, unlock the metal gate and cross the planks? A bit later you should go for a swim.

If you've done all that, tell us where you are stuck.

@maika: Check your PMs.

@Judith: Sounds as though there is something wrong with your installation. If not, perhaps there is something wrong with your techniques?

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    @Philflound: At the Mayor's house, did you climb the ladder E of the entrance, unlock the metal gate and cross the planks? A bit later you should go for a swim.

If you've done all that, tell us where you are stuck.
    Yes. I went for a swim, found a generator room. There is the invisible metal wall so I can't do anything else there.

@ffox: Unless I'm missing a script, everything seems to be fine on my end. Other missions work fine, the new mantle is enabled. As for techniques, how hard should it be, to press the crouch button and move down the tunnel out of the first location? It looks like the ceiling is too low for the character to go through. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The same goes for the window in that room, the one with the desk and the letter. Sometimes you can climb it, sometimes not. And it looks like you should be able to get inside. Again, sometimes you can, but then you can't get out, even while crouching. Since the tunnel was stuck for me, I thought this might be a way out, since the metal gate was closed. Level designers usually test such stuff carefuly, so players can find out where they should go, and they don't have to fight with controls.

@Philflound: Hug the wall to the right of the generator and you can squeeze past.

@Judith: I've just tried again and can get through the tunnel OK. I have never been stuck, and the other testers didn't report a problem.

Well, this is an exciting mission with an outstanding architecture. Nevertheless I'm facing several problems:

If I remember right I discovered that murdered Lord Alex and his empty vault, but the objectives
    • break into Lord Alexander's manor
    • break into the vault and steal him blind
    remained unchecked after having reloaded the next day.

And, what's even worse, I'm running in circles now. I can't leave the area because I can't reach that crooked catwalk anymore where I came from:

I opened all the hatches and doors but there is no escape for me. On the other hand I still have only half of the required loot, so finding my way back to my starting point might make no sense so far.

What I don't like is that I reached three different locations (one of them is that catwalk in the picture where the guard is patrolling) and from where I could not get back. Another one was a kind of garden with a nobleman going around ... those traps are really annoying.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

@ffox: I just tried it, and I was able to go through, but when I tried to go bac and do it again, I was stuck. There seems to be something wrong with the tunnel, as even when you look at it in straight line, the ceiling seems to be almost clipping the camera view. Normally, if I'd seen such tunnel in the distance, I'd judge it as something I can't go in, because it looks too small. I don't know the exact player dimensions in Thief 2, but all the space players can traverse has to be a bit larger than that.

@zappen: If you remember right? Perhaps you mistook the vault in the Mayor's house for the one in Alexander's place. Check my post here.

thanks ffox ... so appreciate the time you put in ... still not working for me and my partner tried too ... he's generally great at mantling alas ... perhaps should start anew again thanks

Thanks ffox. Think the invisible metal wall should be removed. Finished with 14/15 secrets and 750 loot short.

It's not an invisible wall. The Dark engine is not wysiwyg - the actual space that objects (including Garrett) occupy is bigger than it appears. In the DromEd image here the blue lines show the true boundaries of the generator. As you can see, you need to be a bit further right than you would think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squeeze.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	2454

Attachment 2455

The same thing applies when it seems difficult to climb out of a well or onto a ledge - you are too close and your invisible "stomach" is getting in the way! Move back a fraction and it will be OK.
    Last edited by ffox; 10th Feb 2018 at 05:17.

@Judith: The tunnel is the standard Dark Engine minimum height of 4 units.

Perhaps you are catching the invisible boundary of the mushroom light?

Name:	mush.jpg 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	2456

Mission is broken!!! .So it says go to Alexanders place, yet when I go east back to where I'm to enter the area, there is a lock, and it's does not highlight.. no other way in.

yep, read all the posts, you say "go for a swim" I ASK WHERE? I've swam every bit of water in game, no generator room.

Very broken.

Sorry to hear you are broken!

If you are here:

Name:	lost.jpg 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	2457

Rope up in the SW corner and walk round to the east side.

If not, post a screenshot of where you are stuck.

Sorry to hear you are broken!

If you are here:

Name:	lost.jpg 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	2457

Rope up in the SW corner and walk round to the east side.

If not, post a screenshot of where you are stuck.

thanks for reply, nope "I'm" not broken. But yeah, I've been there, roped up to the room got note and one key. WHERE to now?

Go back until you are in the open again and use the Small Gate Key on the lockbox on the wall.

Go back until you are in the open again and use the Small Gate Key on the lockbox on the wall.

yeah I figured it out myself. But thanks! Not too hard, but very confusing. 13.1k something loot out of 14.8k, There are a lot of areas if you explore, you can NOT get back out. You might take others friendly advice and maybe fix that part. so it needs some fine tuning, VERY linear. had to enable "new mantle" the the cfg.. thought I already had it. kept having to use creates until I got stuck. overall a good mission.

WOW!! I loved this one. Started yesterday and finished this evening. 12896/14989 loot, and 12/15 secrets. I didn't realize I had lock picks in my inventory until well into the mission. to get the weapons I threw a crate onto the ledge and mantled into the open window of the armorer..Probably missed some loot just because I didn't think I had lock picks, SMH!

It was my birthday yesterday, so thanks to BBB for the birthday present.

I think I broke the mission. I couldn't figure out how to open the brown wood gate at the canal so I pushed a barrel to it and climbed over. As soon as I did this the last objective completed. I have actually completed only the first objective.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast