TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Morrowind Development

Morrowind Development

Heh, I love the way everyone thinks THEY know just how to develop the perfect game. All the game designers are just idiots, eh? Geez, if you people realized how much work goes into even the suckiest game, maybe you'd appreciate the efforts they make. Escpecially when the publisher's set ridiculous deadlines to "keep costs down" - it's an extremely tough job to get everything you want done.
    So while it's nice to sit and criticize a game and list everything YOU figured out that's wrong with it (you know since you're so smart and all), maybe you should think about how much effort and work went into the game. Do you think the developers intended to make it "too easy" or "make the same mistakes"? Wouldn't that be a bit counterproductive?
    Let's face it, pick *ANY* game ever game, and you can find perhaps a million things wrong with each game.

Here's the moral of this stort kiddies:

Some people just don't know how to pick up something and enjoy it for what it is.

That's just my two cents. And you can keep the change.

here you go, read this mumbo jumbo before you preach on brother man:
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthrea...b=5&o=0&fpart=

Dragons plz

Aww boohoo.

I know how much efford goes into making a game. I made some small games myself, and some were crap. They took a lot of efford though. But it doesn't make them any better. I critizise the game not because I am so smart (althoug I am) but because I care about games. I want to contribute to the general pool of knowledge and ideas from which new games are created (and old ones are patched). I appreciate the work the devellopers did to make Morrowind, I congratulate them on the things they did right, but I am not going to shut up about the things they did wrong. So there, take your 2cents back.

Hmmrgh cents, are you an American? (war of tulips, wt*!) */em makes a rude gesture at Americans*

Heheh, the masses display their ignorance once more.

Thanks for proving my point fellas.

I posted this expecting the usual flames.

It's really sad how pathetic you all are.

Tell me, do you live under a bridge?

Originally posted by BattleMage
    */em makes a rude gesture at Americans*
    Erm, yeah.

Fuck you, too.

Tell me, do you live under a bridge?
    I hate to comment on a mere insult, but is that the BEST you could come up with?
    I do hope you're saving your good insults for someone else, in which case I would agree with your decision.

Obviously Muffin Man ( www.muffinfilms.com ) think you insulted him...

Basically, Muffin, since you're probably to... 'st00000piiid' to understand what Battlemage said, I'll explain my side of this story...

Now I could go ahead and explain verbally (like battlemage did) of why critizism is a good thing, but you decided he was insulting you, so I'll insult you a bit more directly. You sir, are the product of thousands of generations of inbreeding...

I could go on forever, but I'm too busy figuring out a way to go back into time and give condoms to your parents.

Edit: Oh, Battlemage, are you a Drunken Canadian?

LilMuffinBoy: I appreciate your love for the game. And while I do not agree with most of the criticsm levelled at Morrowind (too easy?! Are you kidding? I get whacked by random guy in random caves on a regular basis), starting a thread with the intention of attracting flames is just asking for trouble.

Tuco: I think LilMuffinBoy's second post was directed at the image you posted. And could you please lay down the insults?

Could we get a moderator here?! This thread should be locked as soon as possible.

Turtle: *laugh* relax, I didn't mean't hurt your feeling of national pride. I was just joking (well, mostly.. ) about a newsbit I just heard:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in508124.shtml
    http://www.usaforicc.org/facts_news.html
    "Obey was also especially critical of language in the amendment that would allow for the U.S. President to send troops into the Hague (where the Court will reside) in order to free any U.S. personnel from the custody of the ICC.

Representative Obey sardonically demonstrated one possible scenario with the amendment in play, "I take this time to inform the House tongue in cheek that I have just been informed by an intelligence agency that the Netherlands are preparing for an invasion by the United States in response to the bill now before us. I have a note from Harry DeWit, counselor of cultural affairs, Netherlands Embassy saying, ``We are quite alarmed to hear about the impending invasion of the Netherlands. Our military is on high alert. We would really value you forwarding any news and relevant information as soon as it comes to your attention and, in particular, as it regards the timing. I would like to be able to notify my superiors at the ministry prior to any invasion, and by doing so, I hope to improve my chances for promotion. I would appreciate your contacting me at your earliest convenience.'' "

Tuco: Eeew that's one ugly cat. No, I'm not a Drunken Canadian, sorry

Kroakie: If you get whacked you probably don't have a good armor skill and little health.

[sarcasm]Oh gee I *didn't* know that! Thanks for the tip![/sarcasm]

But that was before I got my Ebony Long Sword of Transferring. Now I eat Ordinators and Dremora Lords for breakfast, until the sword run out of charges that is, then *I* am the breakfast. Chitin armour suck ass.

Me thinks that lilmuffinboy created this thread to start a flame war... guess it worked.

Kilana: Me thinks the same. It's a good way to pass some time though.

Kroakie: Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you are stupid or something.
    (too easy?! Are you kidding? I get whacked by random guy in random caves on a regular basis)
    All I wanted to say is, the game is easy for people with good armor armor and armor skills. Some people play characters which start with these skills already pretty high. Those are the people who complain it's too easy. (and the people who accidentally find a powerfull armorpiece or weapon.) If someone says the game is too easy for any character, you'd be right to disagree, but I never heard anyone say that.

OF COURSE I wanted to start a flame war!

This is frickin' hilarious.
    Going to such measures as to even post little cute pictures to insult me.

Yes, I am a jackass. Yes, I do enjoy this. Yes, someone PLEASE lock this thread to protect any more innocent lives.

I truly could care less what anyone says about the game. I could care less what I think about the game. I just wanted to see everyone get all huffy puffy and vent their adolescent pent-up rage at me. Geez, how I love America.

Thank you everyone.

Originally posted by LilMuffinBoy
    OF COURSE I wanted to start a flame war!

This is frickin' hilarious.
    Going to such measures as to even post little cute pictures to insult me.

Yes, I am a jackass. Yes, I do enjoy this. Yes, someone PLEASE lock this thread to protect any more innocent lives.

I truly could care less what anyone says about the game. I could care less what I think about the game. I just wanted to see everyone get all huffy puffy and vent their adolescent pent-up rage at me. Geez, how I love America.

Thank you everyone.
    lol... I knew it (btw, tuco always uses pics... they convey the message better than regular text anyway)

The coming out of a troll, how funny

The coming out of a troll, how funny

You just NOW figured that out?

And I was beginning to think there was at least a little intelligence in you.

You should feel really pathetic now.

No?

I knew you weren't intelligent to know when your ass was kicked.

*laugh* You're either the dumbest troll ever or you have a very weird sense of humour (I could apreciate that :P). Nobody cares or gets "huffy puffy" but you seem to think we all do and brag about it.
    I'll stop feeding now, maybe if you ask nicely Tuco will give you another picture to feel proud about, cya.

And that's why I don't take people like that seriously...

Omg, Muffin, you're right, I'm wetting my self just thinking about how you TOTALLY owned me with your... uhh, hmm, yeah, let's go find a picture.

Edit: Battlemage, wtf are you then? azn?
    Edit2: Kroakie, afraid not =\

here i got one for the flamer: