TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: getting out of Assemanu

getting out of Assemanu

After getting the item in Assemanu how can I get out? The door there is locked from the outside and when you drop down and fight frosty the steelman the door there is locked also. I have even tried my skeleton key which opens everything except this.
    Any ideas?

Assemanu . . . sounds familar which quest is that? . . . . anyway . . . .

You should be able to use divine or almsivi intervention (scrolls or enchanted rings/amulets - these are a must in Morrowind - trust me ) to leave. These will take you to the nearest imperial (divine) shrine or the nearest tribunal (almsivi) shrine
    Kyoto is the head, heart and soul of the Dragon, I am the claws

OK just a thought if i remember correctly then this cave is time-locked, as in the door opens only at dawn and dusk. 6am-8am and 6pm-8pm

isnt it nice when i answer my own post for you

Mmmm... no, I don't believe this one's time-locked; this is the Hlaalu quest where Vedam Dren orders you to get Tholer Saryoni to get the Ordinators under control, who in turn orders you to get a robe from Assemanu. I think there's a key in the outer caves that opens the inner caves' door back to the outer caves, but if it's inconvenient to restore that far back, and you can't pick the lock, then a Recall, or Almsivi/Divine Intervention is the best solution.

As far as I know, Bethesda forgot to link the doors to the outer part of Assemanu. Once inside, you're stuck. Unless you have some transportation spell.

Originally posted by RyushiBlade
    As far as I know, Bethesda forgot to link the doors to the outer part of Assemanu.
    D'oh.......

Originally posted by RyushiBlade
    As far as I know, Bethesda forgot to link the doors to the outer part of Assemanu. Once inside, you're stuck. Unless you have some transportation spell.
    Hrm... I reinstalled the editor just now (been rebuilding my comp the last 2 weeks) because I was so certain I remembered this right, and yup, both doors from "Assemanu, Shrine" the interior cell are linked to "Assemanu" the interior cell. Further, the only key that opens either one is on a dead ordinator in "Assemanu" the interior cell, up in a cave, accessible by one of those stone ribbon-like pathways. Lastly, there's no script attached to either door, so there's no way they're time-locked.

now I remember that quest (is it just me or do some places sound like 3or4 other locations)

I though I needed to go back and flip a switch or something so when I got the robe I just teleported out and never returned

Ass 'u' manu is the different one i was thinking off, but thats not time-locked either so I'm still dumb
    Last edited by Irakaz; 6th Mar 2004 at 06:35.

When I got stuck in there it was with my first character, a Khajit. Level 16... Got him stuck in there. Managed to levitate out... ... Got stuck again. I thought you had to 'play' the bells in a specific pattern to open the doors.

*chuckle* Me, I was so irked by the trouble it took me to find the place that I just Recall'ed (to Vivec) and then Almsivi'ed to get to Tholer as fast as I could.