TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,149 of 1149

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Zombified
    maybe it's time to try a new direction - T3 source code should still exist (the xbox360 port), maybe we should try to poke around and see what happens. no idea where to start though.

VSync problem is NOT a problem in *borderless* windowed fullscreen using Win 8.1/10 ('cause there is a sort of desktop buffering)

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    I've very little experience with ReShade but maybe lowenz can explain how to set it up?
    Of course, please ask me.

Ah, about wrapping API to infinity , Indirect Sound for positional sound/EAX *base* emulation got a new fresh release: http://www.indirectsound.com/downloa...Sound_0_13.zip

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    Thanks for suggestions, although I found a workaround for the broken brightness slider within SU itself. Changing the background ambient light multiplier from 1 to 8 made the difference between the game being unplayably dark to now actually being able to discern my surroundings and see where I am going. So I think I am sorted (finally).
    All that ambient light will make you very visible to the NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    maybe it's time to try a new direction - T3 source code should still exist (the xbox360 port), maybe we should try to poke around and see what happens. no idea where to start though.
    MoroseTroll has tried to track it down but didn't get much response, I think. I didn't know there was an actual port for the '360, just assumed it was the original xbox binaries plus some kind of emulation. Source code would be fantastic, but the previous efforts on the Dark side have not been encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    VSync problem is NOT a problem in *borderless* windowed fullscreen using Win 8.1/10 ('cause there is a sort of desktop buffering)
    Good to know - doesn't work for me, though, unless things have changed recently in Win10, which is very possible...

Ah, about wrapping API to infinity , Indirect Sound for positional sound/EAX *base* emulation got a new fresh release: http://www.indirectsound.com/downloa...Sound_0_13.zip
    I really wish I had time to look into the sound side of things.

I really wish I had time to look into the sound side of things.
    As I said once, imagine to decouple OpenAL ALAudio from the "hardwired" DirectSound Device and use Soft OpenAL

Some games *reborn* with this trick.....Fall of Liberty (yes, poor man Wolfenstein ) is totally a different game to play with a good OpenAL driver (such as Soft OpenAL).....

Good to know - doesn't work for me, though, unless things have changed recently in Win10, which is very possible...
    It's not a proper Fullscreen VSync, but it works like a VSync.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co..._forced_vsync/

Windows 10, like Windows 8 before it, forces the use of the Desktop Window Manager. (desktop compositor)
    This means that any application running in a window will have triple buffering applied to it.
    If you disable V-Sync in a game that is running in a window, the framerate will be uncapped and is no longer synchronized to the refresh rate - as expected. However you won't get any screen tearing because triple-buffering is applied via the DWM.
    If you want to disable V-Sync and still get screen tearing, run the game in fullscreen exclusive mode. That way the game should bypass the DWM.

"All that ambient light will make you very visible to the NPCs."

There's always something. Oh well, I notice that brightness/gamma can be forced in the NVidia settings and T3 respects this in-game. So there is always that fallback even though it is a bit of a hassle to keep changing from "application controlled" to "use these settings" in the Nividia software for each session.

dgVoodoo 2 can handle that with no problem.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Quote Originally Posted by lowenz View Post
    It's not a proper Fullscreen VSync, but it works like a VSync.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co..._forced_vsync/
    Thanks for the clarification.

maybe it's time to try a new direction - T3 source code should still exist (the xbox360 port)
    You mean "the Xbox 1 port"?
    maybe we should try to poke around and see what happens. no idea where to start though.
    Like snobel has already said, I did some search and have came to conclusion that at least one of T3 developers has its source code. PM me if you want details.

Mouse problems with multiple monitors

Hi folks, I've run into an issue with the latest version of the mod. When playing on a multi-monitor system, the mouse cursor doesn't 'lock' to the display playing the game - it drifts off to my second monitor on the right during gameplay as I move the mouse to look. If I happen to click to attack and the mouse button is over the taskbar, the game loses focus. Is this a known problem? Someone else over at the Thief Reddit forum has the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/Thief/comme..._cursor_issue/
    My current workaround is to downgrade to 1.1.7.1; that doesn't have the issue.

Sneaky Upgrader
    Please try this version - there's a change in there that may make a difference. Also, try disabling the frozen mouse cursor fix (Troubleshooting page).

Are you using dgVoodoo or a similar wrapper?

Which version of Windows do you have?

Edit: Is the game running on your primary monitor? What happens if you move it (using the option near the bottom of the Display page).
    Last edited by snobel; 26th Sep 2017 at 03:17.

Please try this version - there's a change in there that may make a difference. Also, try disabling the frozen mouse cursor fix (Troubleshooting page).

Are you using dgVoodoo or a similar wrapper?

Which version of Windows do you have?

Edit: Is the game running on your primary monitor? What happens if you move it (using the option near the bottom of the Display page).
    Thanks Snobel! I'll give that build a try. As for the other questions:

- Not using dgVoodoo or any wrapper; should I be?
    - Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (stable, non-insider build patched up to September 2017)
    - Game is running on my primary monitor (left, running 1920x1200 resolution. Right, non-primary is a 1280x1024 display)
    Some hardware details:
    - Intel 4670K CPU
    - nVidia GeForce 1070; driver version 385.41
    - 8GB RAM

I'll reply later with the outcome of my tests.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHat162 View Post
    Thanks Snobel! I'll give that build a try. As for the other questions:

- Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (stable, non-insider build patched up to September 2017)
    - Game is running on my primary monitor (left, running 1920x1200 resolution. Right, non-primary is a 1280x1024 display)
    Some hardware details:
    - Intel 4670K CPU
    - nVidia GeForce 1070; driver version 385.41
    - 8GB RAM

I'll reply later with the outcome of my tests.
    I tried the linked build; no improvement with the mouse cursor fix either enabled or disabled.

Sneaky Upgrader
    OK, it was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHat162 View Post
    Not if you don't need it. But your issue is likely caused by changes I did to fix the same issues for my dual monitor setup. I noticed back then that without those changes things would work with dgVoodoo, but not without it. With the changes it would work without it but not with it. So you could actually try installing it and see if it behaves the same for you...

I'll see if those changes can be made optional - please check in for another test build, it may happen this weekend but more likely next week.

Just posting to say I have the same issue as TheHat162. It is also running on my primary monitor, on windows 10 pro 64-bit, and I've tried the same troubleshooting listed above among others

Sneaky Upgrader
    Noted. Please stick around and test as well.

Everything's works great so far with SU. Thank you for your incredible patch and authors of the mods.

I'm afraid to say that I got an issue that the mouse cursor is floating around behind the game screen, when I launched the game in windowed mode.
    The game works fine, but sometimes floating cursor clicking background shortcuts.
    What should fix this?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Argh, more cursor related issues... I don't have time to look into it right now but I hope to get a cursor-fix beta out in December. In the mean time, maybe check if version 1.1.7.1 has the same issue - if not, then the beta should hopefully work too. (Also, check that no admin / compatibility modes are applied other than the 'high DPI' one.)

Hey I installed Thief 3 and then the Full Sneaky Upgrade, but somehow my antivirus software (Avira) deleted T3.exe. So I disabled Avira and wanted to reinstall everything but it turns out I can't get rid of Thief 3 it seems. The Uninstall option of T3 doesn't work and even tough I am the admin I can't delete the T3 directory. I am stuck with a not working version and I can't uninstall. Any advice?

Have you tried just installing it again in the same location?

It somehow worked after rebooting the pc

I wondered, can you change the price of items sold in shops? Because I think they way to cheap and you can way too easily just hoard alot of items. Can this be changed, I tried changing the T3gamesys file with Hex Workshop but I have no enough computer skills to understand that really

Sneaky Upgrader
    Could probably be done, but it'll have to wait until the code has been reworked and cleaned up - which will take some time.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546