TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Divinity: Original Sin 2

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Larian is e-begging once again.

EDIT:-
    Pitch video
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 26th Aug 2015 at 18:31.

It's going at an average of 49k$/h and looks like it will be funded in less than a day.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Developer commentated playthrough of a pre-alpha build

Looking very cool mechanically, I must say.

Well, I backed the first one. Might as well back the second one too.

They are now asking the Kickstarter backers to vote on the new skill trees.

Polymorpher, as the most interesting thing in there, is far in the lead with over a 50% lead on the next highest.
    After that, we have Summoning Master, with almost twice as many votes as Bard, and everything else looks like it has no chance at all.

Also interesting that, when asked what was most the important aspect in an RPG, about 45% of voters chose "Story", and only 11% chose "Combat" - which is heartening, but also slightly funny considering how heavily combat-focused Original Sin was.

Thing What Kicks
    Sorry for the necro, but just wanted to check what digital distribution platform TTLGers would be getting this on, if at all.
    I ask, 'cos I backed this and need to choose Steam or GOG. I prefer GOG whenever possible these days, but would like to know where the most co-op partners would be.

I've chosen Steam, I'm afraid.

Thing What Kicks
    Hrrrm.
    It all depends on whether the two editions will play nicely with each-other then. From reading a bit about it, it looks like it supports direct IP connect, so will probably play something like Satellite Reign.

Fingers crossed it'll work, in that case. I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, but I could imagine enjoying a game along those lines a lot more in coop.

I prefer getting things on Steam too. Dunno if I'll get this straight away though, since me and Sulphur still have to work our way through the first one.

Thing What Kicks
    I loved the first game, but it's not massively replayable. However, I know this one is introducing all sorts of potential for shenanigans, and we ALL like shenanigans. Stuff like individual characters getting quests that conflict with the group, that sort of stuff.

Moderator and Priest
    Being able to play with the Game Master alone would be worth the price of admission.

Steam is probably better for multiplayer, so I'll be getting it there. I have no idea what (if anything) Galaxy does for multiplayer, but I doubt it's as convenient as right-clicking people from your friends list and joining their games.

I also have a second copy - I could get that one on GOG, though I'd probably be better to give it to someone who has no copies instead.

Moderator and Priest
    From what I've seen, multiplayer is handled entirely through the game itself. The only advantage you have going with Steam over GOG is access to the Workshop.

...which, now that I think about it, makes me wish I got it on Steam.

I'd imagine the multiplayer will still support invites through the Steam friends list, though.

I take it that you've already claimed the key?

Moderator and Priest
    I've jumped into Early Access, if that's what you mean.

Right. I haven't claimed my key yet since I'm waiting for the full release.

Moderator and Priest
    There's no reason not to claim it right now, other than you're trying to save the experience for the final product. Though from what I've seen, it's perfectly solid beyond a few rough edges here and there.

True enough, but also no particular reason to claim it until I want to play it?
    (It's mostly just because I haven't go around to it.)
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 20th Jul 2017 at 17:57.