TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Favorite Game Music TRACKS (blast from the past?)

Ah Vague Voices........

and I am reminded again of why I love Half-Life.

Of course

Chakat sex pillow
    That's a pretty link wall. Give it a rest now.

Good picks there, but why not just make one post with all the links like all the others O_O

Chakat sex pillow
    Because you can only do one video link per post, the rest need to be hyperlinks. A wall of posts isn't the answer, though.

YEA BUILDING A WALL IS ONLY THE ANSWER WHEN MEXICANS ARE INVOLVED. I MADE A WALL JOKE I THINK ILL KILL MYSELF NOW.

Chakat sex pillow
    It would have been funnier if a Pink Floyd reference had been involved. Missed opportunities, squiggles.

Sulph that's what I mean, hyperlinks with song titles, not embedded vids. Everyone else did that.

Oh right hedonicflux~~ hates conformity. WE ARE THE 1% YEEE

#pointlessadhominem #NotMyTTLG #cutepuppies

Nah, I did three posts in a row, each with an embedded video, for what it's worth.

yeah I assumed that was the norm when I saw some posted. I know people weren't going to like the long string of posts but I can't narrow my selection down much further.

Chakat sex pillow
    After henke posted his thread on backlog reduction, I realised the idea made a lot of sense, so I bought a new game. The more I add the smaller it gets, that's how it works, right? If it doesn't, y'all can't say I didn't try.

Anyway, Pyre seems like a fantastic game, and it features a Darren Korb soundtrack that is -- once again -- absolutely gorgeous. There's Bastion-flavoured instrumentation crossed with Transistor's moody rhythms: essentially, acoustic guitars and mandolins taking the lead with grumbling bass lines and kinetic percussion. Given I loved Transistor's soundtrack, getting this one was an easy decision.

Nice. I like it. Thanks for sharing the track.

Bastion was a great little game - cool soundtrack and beautiful visuals.

Both Bastion and Transistor OSTs and the overall artistic quality of those games are much much better than actual gameplay. Transistor’s OST is insane in terms of production value, so many good songs and instrumentals. I spend way more time listening to this OST than playing the game, and I liked Transistor quite much. If reviews are anything to go by, Pyre seems to finally reverse that trend. Will be playing this tonight.

Heh. I was just coming here to mention Bastion and Transistor. I'll have to check out the Pyre soundtrack, or to be more honest, I'll buy it immediately.

I also love the soundtracks of Fez and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, and Hyper Light Drifter is also very good. It's uncanny to watch It Follows after playing Fez, though.

Level 10,000 achieved
    There were a lot of good videogame soundtracks last year. Disasterpeace's Hyper Light Drifter, Mick Gordon's DOOM, the Furi and Thumper soundtracks, but one I don't think gets enough love is Hudson Mohawke's wonderfully glitchy Watch Dogs 2 soundtrack.

(listen with headphones!)

The above track, "Play N Go" and "Burning Desire" are the standout tracks tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    After henke posted his thread on backlog reduction, I realised the idea made a lot of sense, so I bought a new game. The more I add the smaller it gets, that's how it works, right? If it doesn't, y'all can't say I didn't try.
    I guess that's one way to do it!

In general, if Jake Kaufman made the music it's worth listening to.

Currently my favourite track of his is:

But the various versions of Burning Town are also quite catchy.

Checked if I'd linked it last time around and it doesn't appear that I did so:

My favorite game on the good old c64.

And for another oldie:

Level 10,000 achieved
    I soundtracked my GOTY2017 vid with a lot of my fave VG tunes of the year (including Sulphur's recommendation above), but I couldn't fit all my favourites in there. Here are two that got left out.

When roaming through Hyrule, hearing Kass' accordion-tune approaching in the distance always put a smile on my face. Such a pleasant melody.

The main theme from Snake Pass somehow manages to be both wonderfully upbeat and kinda melancholy. I'd often linger on the start screen just to keep listening to it.

I'm quite fond of the World 1 & 2 themes in Snake Pass. The title theme is better than I thought; I admit I never let it play past the one minute mark, where it picks up nicely.

Why is there no option to buy the Snake Pass soundtrack anywhere?