TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Doctor Whoessa: Time Lady

we are all bigots to one degree or another......

For fuck's sake how do I delete threads on this forum? I'm getting sick of this thread even existing.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    I don't consider myself a bigot, but you guys have called me bigoted because I'm against unlimited immigration from third world to western nations.

Also I don't care what you consider good.
    It's not that opinion that raises people's hackles around here. As far as holding tighter reigns on immigration are concerned, I don't entirely disagree with you.

It's when you go off on one of your "foreign barbarians are invading our country and destroying our culture" tirades that I and others start getting concerns.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 27th Jul 2017 at 23:38.

ZylonBane
    Is it possible to take away from members the right to rename threads? Because when some petulant assclown clobbers the title of a long-running thread, that's a right that needs to be revoked.

Wait, which western country has unlimited immigration?

Only Greece and Italy. And only because they refuse to torpedo ships full of unarmed civilians.
    They're probably just trying to make the rest of us feel guilty with this virtue signalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccura View Post
    For fuck's sake how do I delete threads on this forum? I'm getting sick of this thread even existing.
    While that is understandable, you're just the starter of this conversation, and except for your own contributions you don't own it. Hence you should not be able to delete it.
    If it's any consolation, this also means that you're not responsible for how it went.

Totally agree with that.

Though whenever I read "Whoessa" I can't help but think of:

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    Only Greece and Italy. And only because they refuse to torpedo ships full of unarmed civilians.
    They're probably just trying to make the rest of us feel guilty with this virtue signalling.

What the fuck does immigration have to do with a female Doctor?

There's a thread for that.

That's a cop out. You were asked what your definition of masculine is and what you consider "effeminate characteristics" since you were going on about both. And then you present a picture. You're not usually at a loss for words, so what is this?
    There's quite a few that almost are by definition due to being physiological. Guys with a high pitched nasally voices, who have minimal upper body strength, low testosterone/sperm levels, soft facial features etc. That's mostly what meant by including that and why I posted the picture. Take a look at any of these extremely "misogynistic" guys and you'll find most of those physical features present.

Example from googling "pickup artist". Except for the hair (lack thereof, specifically) on the one dude who looks like Kane these guys are pretty much the exact opposite of traditional masculine physical features:

A lot of the behaviors aren't distinctly "feminine", but still fly in the face of traditional ideals for male behavior. Traits like being excessively needy and clingy (I'm sure some of our female members have, at some point, been on dates with guys that text you 50 times during the 24 hours following), attempting to get in women's pants by being "friends" with them (which is dishonest and sleazy), exhibiting a pattern of behaviors of being extremely uptight and judgemental about the "rules" being afraid of conflict, being a doormat in general, and a constant attitude of feeling guilty about anything they do to try to make themselves happy.

Again my general experience been that almost all of your internet "misogony" is coming from males who exhibit at least a few of those traits.

Hope that answers your question.

My question in return:

How in any way, shape, or form is the Doctor being female going to advance gender equality as the advocates(media pundits) seem to believe is most significant about the change?

Hell, you have yet to even attempt to back up your own assertion that the pressures of western society to conform to more feminine standards is what caused these men to lash out, only presenting the vague notion that not being able to get laid somehow lead to it.

It isn't something that I can convince you with by listing a few points of "facts". I don't know how to say this delicately...but it takes a considerably more open mind than you possess. You need to be willing to read in places that you don't like, suspend judgement for at least a few moments, and observe what people's buttons to figure out what makes them feel the way they do. The overall sentiment was expressed very well by the movie "Fight Club" about how society tends to drive some males crazy because they have no outlet for their need for physical struggle and personal challenge.

If you're actually interested in trying to understand the topic rather than just rushing to moral judgement, there's a great book written by Washington Post and New York Times writer Norah Vincent:

https://www.amazon.com/Self-Made-Man.../dp/0143038702

Hell, you have yet to even attempt to back up your own assertion that the pressures of western society to conform to more feminine standards is what caused these men to lash out, only presenting the vague notion that not being able to get laid somehow lead to it.
    Remember how you sent me a nasty PM warning me I'd be banned if I misrepresented what people are saying?

Well here's my post.
    You can't explain ANY of that shit arguing about "Feminism". What's your explanation?
    It's hard to have a productive, non-hostile conversation with you when you continue to make dishonest arguments. I very clearly stated that it obviously isn't just "feminism" because social standards don't explain why the physiology of western males is changing to a point where scientists are now saying that there is an imminent crisis due to males being physically unable to reproduce.

Anyways, for anyone who has the patience for a LONG ( 15 minute +) read about the topic, here's an old Atlantic article from 2000 that goes over a lot of the data in question regarding male under-achievement:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...t-boys/304659/

Ironically enough, and as the article describes, the notion that educational systems needed to be "fixed" in favor of women to fix the issue of female under-achievement has roots in academic writings that "offered little in the way of conventional evidence".

On the flip side of how to fix the problem, here is my answer:

Some of you all might have heard of "urban prep charter". It's a school that is located Englewood Chicago, takes economically disadvantaged minorities who are behind academically, and has produced 100% college admission rate for years in a row.

The brochure highlights stark contrast to conventional education: mentoring from "positive male role models", a rigorous code of conduct, family involvement, high academic expectations, and mandatory participation in competitive activities.

http://www.urbanprep.org/pdf/urbanprepbrochure2014.pdf

And schools like this is why I think that the best answer to America's problems is found in more traditional elements of the black community.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 29th Jul 2017 at 18:11.

Moderator and Priest
    Tony, you're acting as if more "feminized" men are some new thing, a consequence of our new alleged female-centric society, and it's mainly responsible for most of the ills of society.

I'm gonna tell you right now that men who don't fit into the traditional male mold (which, like everything, is a definition always being redefined) have been around since society became a thing back in 3000BC or so. What you're seeing here isn't anything new, and a few pictures of some hipsters and fashionistas won't do a damn thing to prove your grossly overblown point.

Don't worry about the death of traditional gender roles. You'll always have men who are men, women who are women, and some people who happen to fall in between. The only difference between now and the past is we're more openly acknowledging that latter group these days. Saying "Yes, there are some people who don't quite align to the usual gender monopoles" isn't going to ruin your world or destroy society as we know it.

As for these new supposed behavior trends, you're, once again, taking the actions of a few insecure people, and treating it as some new thing that's becoming a blight on society. Like people who fall somewhere in the middle of the gender spectrum, insecure people have been around since we've had brains, and do weird things to compensate for their insecurities. This isn't a new 21st century development.

In short, Tony, you're taking very little, and slathering it with hyperbole to prove an issue that exists almost primarily in your head. I wanna say more, but...jesus, man. It's just so fucking stupid. I mean it makes my teeth hurt to even acknowledge the fact that someone could be so idiotic and frightened of an ever changing world that they have to build this huge victim narrative around themselves to the point they actually start believing the idiot drivel you spew out on a near daily basis.

I mean goddamn, Tony. What the fuck, son?

I very clearly stated that it obviously isn't just "feminism" because social standards don't explain why the physiology of western males is changing to a point where scientists are now saying that there is an imminent crisis due to males being physically unable to reproduce.
    LINK PLZ

Though like I said in our little PM, the study that apparently caused millions of scientists around the world to decry the role of Western Male was a single metastudy based off a series of other studies that shows evidence of a downward trend in sperm counts when compared to sperm counts done in the past. The study itself states that the findings are interesting, worthy of further investigation, but doesn't state anything conclusively, since there are plenty of other studies floating about, done on smaller focus groups, that contradict its findings. Hell, the study doesn't say a single thing about people being literally unable to reproduce.

It's people like you, Tony, who are running around using this one study as proof that the sky is falling. If you want to know why people are so hostile to you around here, it's because you do stupid shit like this ALL THE TIME!

Here, damnit. Here!
    Last edited by Renzatic; 29th Jul 2017 at 18:55.