TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2879

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Another big 1997 release that had a profound influence on music history:

And who can forget that Spiceworld came out in 1997. What a great year.

Moderator and Priest
    Cheese though Hanson and the Spice Girls may be, they're still a helluva lot more tolerable than goddamn Aqua.

On a good note, Halle-Bopp was visible in the sky in 97. For some reason, I always think of seeing it hanging there in the sky when I think back to then.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post

I like that album.
    They didn't put it there as proof but for completeness sake. In fact they discuss a bit before, whether Ween might be able to redeem those two weeks.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I like "I'll be your Jonny on the spot" from that Ween album.

But yeah, good article. Only one of those albums that are in my CD collection is the first Limp Bizkit album. For some reason.

Also I started watching the embedded Insane Clow Posse song and I was like "omg soooo much cringe!" but then one minute later I was like "no, y'know what? this is fine". I remembered why I got into ICP in the first place. At the time it seemed like the only thing rappers rapped about was themselves. ICP tho? Those guys had some stories to tell! And they did it with a lot of theatricality. Their albums were almost like musicals, but rap-musicals. I guess what I'm trying to say is... ICP were the proto-Hamilton. Don't look at me like that. Fine, I'll leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Cheese though Hanson and the Spice Girls may be, they're still a helluva lot more tolerable than goddamn Aqua.
    Because Hanson/Spice Girls was the real cheese but Aqua was only being "ironically" cheesy? BTW, I thought this song on that album was pretty good, actually:

Yeah, Turn Back Time was the only serious song on the album and it's pretty decent, I like it to this day. I can't listen to their other songs.

I'm a big fan of 90s music, even a lot of the cheesy stuff.

Hmm... after some thought, I don't think 90s was substantially more cheesy than 80s. It was the decade that brought us stuff like this, after all:

Not to mention songs like Never Gonna Give You Up, Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, etc.
    Last edited by Starker; 10th Aug 2017 at 10:40.

Yeah, 80s wins I guess. However, there was a lot of cheesy music in the Netherlands in the 90s in the Eurodance and Happy Hardcore genres. That kind of music wasn't popular in the United States, but there was a lot of it in Europe. When I listen to a 90s playlist on Spotify made by an American, it's markedly different from the music that dominated the charts in the Netherlands, a lot of which was pretty cheesy. I remember it fondly, but it was fun rather than good.

Well if we're really going back to the '80s, we may as well have the soundtrack for it pumping.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Because Hanson/Spice Girls was the real cheese but Aqua was only being "ironically" cheesy? BTW, I thought this song on that album was pretty good, actually:
    More like Hanson/Spice Girls were cheesy but tolerable, while Barbie Girl makes me want to tear my hair out, and maim someone.

Hell, they might be the only band on earth that annoys me more than System of a Down.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Well if we're really going back to the '80s, we may as well have the soundtrack for it pumping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NDxHKD6qA
    That was dark. I haven't seen that film. Looks interesting.

When I mean cheesy 90s music of the kind that was popular in the Netherlands, I mean stuff like this:

And this, this was a Dutch DJ
    Last one, which maybe you shouldn't watch at work

Captain Jack was Dutch? Well that's it, I'm never coming over to buy your weed again!

No, DJ Paul Elstak is Dutch. I don't know which country Captain Jack is from.

I also just posted some songs at random and I don't even like those three songs very much. But there were other songs in the same genre I still like to this day. But as I said, it's more that I found it fun at the time, rather than the music actually being good. It was upbeat music for summer vacations and camping discos and awkwardly dancing (only after drinking enough to work up the courage) and trying to talk to/flirt with hot girls. Youth sentiment. This music was the soundtrack of my teenage years. Anyone telling me the songs suck is missing the point.

When these songs were playing, everyone had a good time. I was at this illegal party in a tunnel and this kind of stuff was playing and everyone was just having fun. Me and a friend were alternating selecting songs on Winamp, a lot of people were dancing and enjoying themselves. Then some alternative guys showed up and said that they wanted to hear Nirvana and stuff. So my friend put that on, the guys started banging against each other as is common because you can't actually dance to that stuff. Within three such songs the dance floor was empty, save for three guys banging up against each other. It was a real buzzkill. Nirvana is better than the songs I liked, but it's not as much fun.

EDIT: Here's a song I actually like, and then I'll give this topic a rest.

Last edited by Harvester; 10th Aug 2017 at 16:49.

Moderator and Priest
    Queens of the Stone Age have a new album coming out apparently. Just released a single for it.

Not too half bad. Got a lot of Led Zepplin in it, that's for sure.

edit: and there's another one!

Last edited by Renzatic; 11th Aug 2017 at 03:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    I was at this illegal party in a tunnel and this kind of stuff was playing and everyone was just having fun. Me and a friend were alternating selecting songs on Winamp, a lot of people were dancing and enjoying themselves. Then some alternative guys showed up and said that they wanted to hear Nirvana and stuff. So my friend put that on, the guys started banging against each other as is common because you can't actually dance to that stuff. Within three such songs the dance floor was empty, save for three guys banging up against each other. It was a real buzzkill. Nirvana is better than the songs I liked, but it's not as much fun.
    Fanta ad from 1995 that was made for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGc1MdYIAc

Moderator and Priest
    ...bleib dudu?

A play on words. Stay youyou.

A bit offtopic: Do we have a Discord server where we can talk nonsense in a more chatlike fashion? Is everyone already there and I just missed it?

Last edited by Kolya; 11th Aug 2017 at 16:47.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I believe Nameless Voice started up something like that recently.

Haven't tried out this discord thingy myself yet. Not much of a chat-guy. More of a forum-guy.

Thanks, laters!

The most chatting with TTLG people I've seen anymore is over Facebook, IRC style & in post comments (I'm convinced we're the only ones among each other's friends that know how to comment to posts), but you dropped your account AFAIK. I know you didn't like the platform.

If you got back on, you could join the TTLG group to find people, and it has a member list, or just PM me or somebody here to link up. I think most of the people that post a lot are already all connected.
    Last edited by demagogue; 12th Aug 2017 at 01:33.

Sounds like Eurythmics had a stint with Giorgio Moroder.

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116 LastLast