TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 115 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2963

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Well if we're really going back to the '80s, we may as well have the soundtrack for it pumping.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Because Hanson/Spice Girls was the real cheese but Aqua was only being "ironically" cheesy? BTW, I thought this song on that album was pretty good, actually:
    More like Hanson/Spice Girls were cheesy but tolerable, while Barbie Girl makes me want to tear my hair out, and maim someone.

Hell, they might be the only band on earth that annoys me more than System of a Down.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Well if we're really going back to the '80s, we may as well have the soundtrack for it pumping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NDxHKD6qA
    That was dark. I haven't seen that film. Looks interesting.

When I mean cheesy 90s music of the kind that was popular in the Netherlands, I mean stuff like this:

And this, this was a Dutch DJ
    Last one, which maybe you shouldn't watch at work

Captain Jack was Dutch? Well that's it, I'm never coming over to buy your weed again!

No, DJ Paul Elstak is Dutch. I don't know which country Captain Jack is from.

I also just posted some songs at random and I don't even like those three songs very much. But there were other songs in the same genre I still like to this day. But as I said, it's more that I found it fun at the time, rather than the music actually being good. It was upbeat music for summer vacations and camping discos and awkwardly dancing (only after drinking enough to work up the courage) and trying to talk to/flirt with hot girls. Youth sentiment. This music was the soundtrack of my teenage years. Anyone telling me the songs suck is missing the point.

When these songs were playing, everyone had a good time. I was at this illegal party in a tunnel and this kind of stuff was playing and everyone was just having fun. Me and a friend were alternating selecting songs on Winamp, a lot of people were dancing and enjoying themselves. Then some alternative guys showed up and said that they wanted to hear Nirvana and stuff. So my friend put that on, the guys started banging against each other as is common because you can't actually dance to that stuff. Within three such songs the dance floor was empty, save for three guys banging up against each other. It was a real buzzkill. Nirvana is better than the songs I liked, but it's not as much fun.

EDIT: Here's a song I actually like, and then I'll give this topic a rest.

Last edited by Harvester; 10th Aug 2017 at 17:49.

Moderator and Priest
    Queens of the Stone Age have a new album coming out apparently. Just released a single for it.

Not too half bad. Got a lot of Led Zepplin in it, that's for sure.

edit: and there's another one!

Last edited by Renzatic; 11th Aug 2017 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    I was at this illegal party in a tunnel and this kind of stuff was playing and everyone was just having fun. Me and a friend were alternating selecting songs on Winamp, a lot of people were dancing and enjoying themselves. Then some alternative guys showed up and said that they wanted to hear Nirvana and stuff. So my friend put that on, the guys started banging against each other as is common because you can't actually dance to that stuff. Within three such songs the dance floor was empty, save for three guys banging up against each other. It was a real buzzkill. Nirvana is better than the songs I liked, but it's not as much fun.
    Fanta ad from 1995 that was made for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGc1MdYIAc

Moderator and Priest
    ...bleib dudu?

A play on words. Stay youyou.

A bit offtopic: Do we have a Discord server where we can talk nonsense in a more chatlike fashion? Is everyone already there and I just missed it?

Last edited by Kolya; 11th Aug 2017 at 17:47.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I believe Nameless Voice started up something like that recently.

Haven't tried out this discord thingy myself yet. Not much of a chat-guy. More of a forum-guy.

Thanks, laters!

The most chatting with TTLG people I've seen anymore is over Facebook, IRC style & in post comments (I'm convinced we're the only ones among each other's friends that know how to comment to posts), but you dropped your account AFAIK. I know you didn't like the platform.

If you got back on, you could join the TTLG group to find people, and it has a member list, or just PM me or somebody here to link up. I think most of the people that post a lot are already all connected.
    Last edited by demagogue; 12th Aug 2017 at 02:33.

Sounds like Eurythmics had a stint with Giorgio Moroder.

Chakat sex pillow
    I was kinda shocked to learn that RAC released a new album last month and I hadn't a goddamn clue about it. I'm a sucker for summery pop songs that balance joys with with realities in ways that render them bittersweet beneath the happiness, so here's an album that starts off cracking that cask of summer wine open.

Last edited by Sulphur; 13th Aug 2017 at 15:39.

Who wants to shit on the 90's some more? I feel like we've barely scratched the surface here.

Fuck it, I'm game. I remember once thinking, actually during the 90s so it has to be a better informed claim than I'd make now, that Dada's Dizz Knee Land had the most quintessential 90s sound. Listening to it again, I can still see why I thought that. That riff. (Unfortunately the video for it is down, which is too bad because it's a great video. But at least the song is still there.)

Edit: Listening to it again, the other thing I like about it is capturing the beautiful irreverence of that period which I so wish would catch on again in our era, particularly the Beavis & Butthead type. I think it captures that kind of spirit even better than a band like, e.g., Nirvana, which was more just "whatever nevermind" irreverence or the angsty anti-reverence of bands like Pearl Jam or Soundgarden or Smashing Pumpkins.

Last edited by demagogue; 14th Aug 2017 at 09:42.

Since this guy's mashup of Blue Monday and Princess Superstar's "Perfect" isn't online I've been stuck listening to this instead:

Have a nice weekend!

Chakat sex pillow
    And you, Kolya!

Credit for finding this peppy track goes to Dutch Jesus.

Chakat sex pillow
    What the fuck is a Cheers Elephant? Anyway, lovely vibe below.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I like that second tune, Sulph. I don't like the first one, but I like all the messages in the video.

Uhhh... what have I been listening to lately? Here's something.

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE!

Page 115 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1565707580859095100105110111112113114115116117118119 LastLast