TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 447 of 448 FirstFirst ... 197347397402407412417422427432437442443444445446447448 LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,175 of 11196

Thread: NOW what are you playing?

Tonight I gave "GTA - Vice City Stories" a try.

So you know those times when a sequel comes out many years later to a movie you loved and it shits on everything that was great about that movie? Well this is that. In game form.

The main character is an idiot, the other characters are irritating to the point that I celebrated when I thought one of them had died, there is an excessive amount of racism against Mexican's (or in this games case it calls them "Chollo's"). The radio music is about 3/4 bad and only 1/4 good.

Man, going from Prey to this. Gah.

Controls are fine, same as Vice City.

A decade and a bit ago I played Liberty City stories on my PSP. That was pretty good. Had a lot of made GTA 3 great. This on the other hand is terrible.

[edit]
    Progressed a bit further and the game improved a bit. Main characters less of an idiot now. And he turned against the irritating characters. Well 2 of them. So not all bad I guess. I'll stick with it for a bit longer.
    Last edited by icemann; 13th Aug 2017 at 15:01.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm not playing it yet, OBVIOUSLY, but I will be!

Super Mario Odyssey! Finally, after 20 years, I have the Super Mario 64 sequel I've always wanted! TWENNY DAMN YEARS! I AM OLD!

Maybe twenty years is becoming the new five-year development cycle, Renz. I look forward to my Drakan successor in 2019.

Playing Planescape Torment EE now, my last title from the original Infinity Engine batch. The plot's got me hooked, the characters are interesting and yes, the writing and options are generally a cut above, so I'm definitely into it. On the other hand, the combat and itemisation are as dull as reputation held, the UI is still rather obtuse even in the EE and the game's not a looker. The environment art is detailed and appropriately moody, but there's only so much you can get from fifty shades of brown.

So yeah, I'm into it for the writing. Trick with that is that I need to tread carefully to avoid spoilers, as my time's limited and I tend to hit up walkthroughs regularly. Unfortunate, but these days I rarely get to play during the week.

I went and bought >Observer_ after this review tipped me over:

About an hour into it, but so far it feels like a massive improvement over the devs' last game: Layers of Fear.

Looks quite interesting .

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostriig View Post
    Maybe twenty years is becoming the new five-year development cycle, Renz. I look forward to my Drakan successor in 2019.
    Eyyyy. Don't get my hopes up like that.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Super great from beginning to almost the end. I think the game could do a better job explaining its mechanics (which is why I think I bounced off of it so hard the first time), and it occasionally forgets I'm playing a game and not watching a movie, but overall I enjoyed it. The last phase of the final boss fight can get pretty fucked, though. And the DLC isn't particularly interesting. The one where you play as Sam seems to focus entirely on the parts of MGRR that aren't fun, and the stuff with Blade Wolf is ok but not exceptional.

Kingdoms Of Yawnalur: Reckon You Got French Fried Taters In Thar - Cleared out the tutorial, cleared out the first "zone", remembered that the game is basically an MMO where you go through and clear out distinct zones, saw that I had about 80 more to go, uninstalled.

Rez: Infinite - Still playing, but man is it great to have Rez on PC. Haven't touched Area X yet, but the original stages are as good as I remember. Also fuck VR.

Uplink - Haven't started it yet.

The Legend Of Korra - Don't care whatsoever about the source material, but after a few chapters it feels like a Platinum game with tons of parrying and ridiculous slo-mo enemy death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Eyyyy. Don't get my hopes up like that.
    My bad, didn't mean that as a rickroll trick.

Besides, since Drakan 2 came out in 2002, it'd be 2022.

Yeah, but it was a PS2 exclusive so I never got to play it, I'm bitter about that.

Moderator and Priest
    Psst. Hey. Emulators. PCSX2. Get yo groove on.

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, you could always emulate it in a fit of post-platform pique. As a matter of fact, I never played the sequel either. Maybe I should remedy that.

Edit: oh yeah, ninja'd by what Renz said but less eloquently. Renz, word better or someone's gonna snatch your banders, man, it's a thing I didn't make up and it's gonna happen to you like totes.

I also loved Drakan but never played the console-exclusive sequel.
    We should all do something about that.

Moderator and Priest
    I ain't know what banders is.

Also, does Divinity 2 count as a Drakan successor?

Chakat sex pillow
    If you meant Divinity: Dragon Commander, it's kinda halfway there but also not, you know? (It's missing the, uh, Tomb Raider element, y'see. Yes, those are priorities.)

Renz: I guess you'll find out when they're not there anymore then, won'tcha.

Edit: ah right, my bad. You're talking about Ego Draconis. I guess I totally forgot about that one because it was pretty bland from the start. I can't remember if it was any good. Was it any good?
    Last edited by Sulphur; 17th Aug 2017 at 14:14.

Moderator and Priest
    Is banders be my nuts?

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, not exactly.

3+ months later, 500 hours logged, Final Fantasy XI's credits finally roll. What a long, emotional, unforgettable experience. Just... damn. That was really something special.

Level 10,000 achieved
    500 hours? That's almost 21 days. In a bit over 3 months? That's... maybe overdoing it a bit.

You guys have a point about the emulation route. Never bothered with that sort of thing before, but I don't see a new one on the horizon. Psygnosis was a Sony subsidiary, but I doubt anyone there would even remember owning the license.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I also loved Drakan but never played the console-exclusive sequel.
    We should all do something about that.
    I feel a montage coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    500 hours? That's almost 21 days. In a bit over 3 months? That's... maybe overdoing it a bit.
    You're right, it's taken its toll on my sleep quality, but I couldn't put it down. It's like being cooped up devouring a 9-novel epic every moment you can. I did manage to get out most days and even took some weeks for vacation, in addition to normal life things.

Edit: Oh and there was an element of not wanting to keep subscribing to a game that drove me, too. Weren't it for that I'd pace it out over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostriig View Post
    I feel a montage coming on.
    hums Eye of the Tiger

Moderator and Priest
    Any montage done here needs to be to the tune of Hot Blooded by Foreigner.

Rising up, back on the street. Did my time, took my chances...

Page 447 of 448 FirstFirst ... 197347397402407412417422427432437442443444445446447448 LastLast