TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Status update

In the Good News/Bad News Department Took the little monster in for more blood and urine tests last week, due to continuing confusion. Good news: all tests came back negative. Bad news: this means her mental problems have taken another turn for the worse. Good news: she has gained back the weight she lost after her broken hip ordeal. Bad news: I re-dislocated my shoulder, so picking her up has become 18 lbs. more difficult. Good news: she is confused and constantly worried now. Bad news: many people with Alzheimers forget how to swallow, and die from choking or even drowning in their own saliva. Good news: If there is a God, he must have one hell of a sense of humor. Bad news: If there is a God, he must have one hell of a sense of humor.
    Good news: I don't believe in a God. Bad news: euthanasia is illegal in the U.S.A. Good news: I'm just kidding about smothering her with a pillow. Bad news: I have A LOT of pillows.

Ouch that is rough. I can see why you're having some dark thoughts I don't really know what to say in this situation so... best of luck? My condolences? Whatever an internet stranger's words can do to make you feel a little bit less stressed.

Thanks, Yakoob. I appreciate the support. To be clear, (to you, and everyone else) don't take my posts very seriously, my goal is to make her (my mother) as comfortable as I can. It's one of those "I don't like her, but I love her" situations. Be sure that I only want for her to be happy and comfortable. She has always had some serious mental problems, but I have only recently recognized that all the things that made me dislike her in the past are long standing mental problems that she has had for all of her life. The onset of Alzheimers has not helped, but I recognize that it is not her fault, and I try to deal with it with that in mind. So when I talk about smothering her with a pillow, please be assured that I don't mean it, my goal is for her to live out the rest of her life in comfort and as happy as she can be. That being said, I can't rule out smothering her with a pillow, just because I have so many spare pillows, and I hate to waste a good pillow.

Or you could make a pillow fort.

Euthanasia should be allowed in certain conditions. I hope I never develop Alzheimer's, but if I do... I'd like to be taken out quickly and painlessly.

My grandfather from my mothers side had that in the final 5 years of his life. By the end he only remembered 2 of my family.

Horrible way to go. If I developed that I'd want to go while I was still "myself".

I think I'm turning into ZylonBane, because all of a sudden everyone is saying 'tenants' instead of 'tenets' and it's driving me crazy. Has it always been this way and I've just selectively noticed it this last month?

Evict them all.

Never lease out your principles.

How many baseball bats am I holding up, derfy?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    Evict them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Never lease out your principles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    How many baseball bats am I holding up, derfy?
    This is why I love all of you

My house is like my country. We have fires that I'm painting for Glade Raid. We have the hurricane winds of my now-third explanation to my daughter that if the toilet doesn't flush, she should get an adult instead of pulling the handle repeatedly. Finally, there's the flooding...

I just came back from a nice block party. A small symphony orchestra was playing Mozart in the subway. That's where I made the photo.

Mistaken for a man
    Harvester

montag, so sorry to hear about your mother. My mom also has some form of dementia (she's 91 so it's kinda pointless to put her through all the tests to see if it's Alzheimers or something else), but she's in a nursing home now to recover from a broken hip, and we're hoping she could stay there. She doesn't always remember me any more, and it's sad to know I'll probably lose my mother even before she's actually dead, but my main concern is to make sure she feels as good, safe and painless as possible.

And because of the above & other stuff, I'm still up at 3:20 am, not really wanting to take oxazepam but also really, really wanting to get some sleep...

When I am old and senile I want to be read to. Even if I don't know the person doing it I will enjoy it and if it is from my personal library the person reading will understand me a little better and maybe find solace in that or perhaps an author they didn't know they like. That or give me mescaline and take me to a concert.

"When" ?

Mistaken for a man
    Tocky, I tried to read to my mom, but she can't concentrate on following even a short story anymore. But I play music to her, all her old favorite songs, and that clearly cheers her up a lot

Chakat sex pillow
    Whenever that time comes, and whatever anyone reads you Tocky, I hope it'll always be something Queue wrote.

Take a book from the shelf, boy. What do you have? Ah yes, The Rosy Crucifixion by Henry Miller. A classic. Read to me, boy. My eyes are clouded, my skin is wiping the kitchen floor when I walk through the living room, but I still feel the fire burning deep inside my ... me. *rattling-cough*

At approximately 2:00pm today, I said this :"Mom, please stop smearing the turd around on the floor."

Life is funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez View Post
    but my main concern is to make sure she feels as good, safe and painless as possible.
    Thanks Vasquez, same goal here. Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    "When" ?
    Alright then, you can give me mescaline and take me to a concert now. All the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Whenever that time comes, and whatever anyone reads you Tocky, I hope it'll always be something Queue wrote.
    Sort of a "Private Hell" kinda thing, right?

I'm waiting for a phone call, it will either be really good news or everything stays the same news. If it's good news, I will have someone coming 6 hours a week to baby-sit the little monster while I run to the store, or take a walk in the park, or just take a shower without worrying about what is happening while I am not eyes-on the little monster. While I was waiting for our case manager to arrive today, the Pegster managed to crap all over the floor of two different bathrooms, and then preceded to finger paint the floor with her own feces. Jackson Pollock, eat your heart out! Wish me luck, I just stocked up on more pillows, and I'm not afraid to use them.