TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 283338434853586368737475767778
Results 1,926 to 1,929 of 1929

Thread: What are you making?

Thanks, henke. Yeah, there's a chance each move that a cloud (or any wind-borne object) goes one hex off from the prevailing wind direction. I dunno, I prefer it this way? The minimum 60 degree turn is a bit distracting, I agree, but having all the clouds move in a straight line without spreading out/diffusing/billowing looks unnatural, IMO. It would also mean that fires only spread in one direction instead of expanding as they go.

Do you think it would help to smooth out the turn or something?

Random debugging woes: I've been trying to figure out why the smoke cloud at the top vanishes without fading out first. I put in some debug info and poked around and was able to solve a different bug (the one near the middle where a cloud "pops" back in for a single frame after fading out), and now I can't explain or replicate the "disappearing without fading" bug. Hmm. Maybe it's gone. Or maybe if I took some more video...
    Last edited by Pyrian; 13th Sep 2017 at 01:49.

Alright, time for some transition prototypes. These are strictly quick prototypes, any "real" versions would be hand-painted, smoothed out, and varied instead of copy-pasted. Also, no shorelines yet.

Here's a section in the game as-is:

In this approach, border hexes get some bits of rock or grass from adjacent hexes all throughout the hex. The direction of adjacency is ignored:

Here, the approach is similar but the direction of adjacency is taken into account:

Finally, in this prototype, we're smoothing out the corners when two hexes are the same but the third is different, reducing the jaggedness of "straight" lines:

I would really appreciate any opinions on which approaches you think work best! Thanks.

Third one looks more natural to me.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah, the one with adjecency taken into account looks alright.

Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 283338434853586368737475767778