TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381318232833384344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1239

Thread: Sneaky Upgrade: Unofficial patch for Thief 3

Blackmail loot not regenerating?

I'm playing TDS for the first time with the Sneaky Upgrade, version 1.1.7, and I'm really enjoying it. However, I think I'm experiencing a bug in the Day 3 city mission because the blackmail loot that is supposed to regenerate each day is missing. It was there on Day 1 after I read the journal entry in the landlord's apartment, but the only thing I found in the sewer grate this time was a regenerated water crystal - no blackmail loot to be found. Did I do or not do something that might've prevented the blackmail loot from regenerating?

I got a question too. In the museum mission you can find a note in the beginning tunnel about getting some replicas of what your going to steal. I got them and did the mission but the originals items were never replaced by the replicas. I tried everything. Is this a bug??

I deleted a fan mission for TDS called "Night of Trickster" from my folder where I keep fan mission zip files. I started FM Sel and I saw that fan mission still listed. I clicked on it to see if it would load and it did! Apparently that fan mission was still intact somewhere in my computer. I looked at all the possible locations such as Documents and Users as well as the Thief DS game folder but no luck. Does anyone know exactly where and how this fan mission is being saved?

When I used fmsel the missions were installed in the game directory in a folder called fms or fan missions.

Program Data hidden folder?

Sneaky Upgrader
    Yes, unless another path was chosen when installing the SU, the FMs are in C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed FMs - and ProgramData is normally hidden.

Individual FMs should be uninstalled through FMSel, though.

You were right..it is hidden unless hidden folders are checked in file manager.

Thanks for the info.

SU vs 1.1.8

Quote Originally Posted by snobel View Post
    Yep, there's something weird going on with dual monitor setups. Hopefully I can get on it next month. Thanks for posting the solution you found - it's good to know a fallback is available.

Which version of Windows do you have? (And if it's Win10, which 'update' or build number?)
    Hi Snobel. I am new but wanted to tell you I am having the same problem as goldwell. I just removed my TV as being a monitor. Now working great. It does not help with two actual monitors but I can now play Thief 3 with the new SU. It looks great. You have really done super work on it. Thanks very much. If you fix the two monitor problem with the cursor please let me know.
    jfbboykin

Sneaky Upgrader
    I'll try... Could you please see if you get the same behaviour with the unpatched game? (Look for Thief 3 unpatched in the Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade start menu group. If you're on Steam it's probably not there and you'll have to temporarily uninstall the SU to try this.)

Sneaky Upgrader
    If people with multi-monitor problems are around, please test the beta posted below. It has fixes that makes it work for me in a 3-monitor setup. But there may be more than one issue at play here, so feedback is very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherRalentor View Post
    I think I'm experiencing a bug in the Day 3 city mission because the blackmail loot that is supposed to regenerate each day is missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    In the museum mission you can find a note in the beginning tunnel about getting some replicas of what your going to steal. I got them and did the mission but the originals items were never replaced by the replicas.
    Sorry about the late reply here, but if you still have savegames, please upload them. Preferably one from the current map and one from the previous map right before entering the current map. I'll have a look.

I'm finally back on the project, although things are going a bit slow. This time there's a beta containing an updated Minimalist Project with some often-requested additional configurability. There's also a small new mod containing (attempts at) improved font textures for both the original game and Minimalist. Edit: Beta updated - multi-monitor fix now always applied, the installer now has a page for selecting the game language, Minimalist loot glint distance option.

Minimalist improvements:

• Split into two parts, GUI/sounds and gameplay, which can be enabled separately
    • Removing back buttons is now a general tweak - off (by default) in the main SU but on in the MP
    • Third person can be enabled. This option at the cost of slightly lower-quality frob hilight
    • Playstyles can be disabled, which will restore the standard difficulty settings and objectives
    • Loot glint activation distance can be set to three different values (and "off")
    • Improved font textures (as part of the new fonts mod)
    • Fixed a small incompatibility between the Cutpurse playstyle and the T3G Inn mission
    • Small fix for the Cutpurse time limit countdown not working. (Now shows elapsed time instead)
    • Savegames made with the MP gamesys are now kept separate

Here's a GUI-only screenshot showing the standard difficulty settings and back button:

There was at least one documented case of things breaking because an orig save was used with the MP or vice-versa. So MP savegames are now kept separate and versioned. This means that saves can end up in four different folders depending on whether T3G and/or MP was enabled - and the main menu version string is getting a bit ridiculous:

As the screenshots show, the updated main font texture does not always provide much visible improvement - it works best for loading screens, pop-up texts and subtitles. The other font, used in readables, is also not really visibly improved but the letters are slightly smaller so the text is a better match for the original readables:

In order to make third-person optional it was necessary to replace the shader-based flat frob feature with a texture-based solution, adapted from the feature in John P's texture pack. On small objects there's no real difference, but on big objects, such as doors, there's a visible difference.

Here's a video showing some of the GUI and texts, and a comparison of the new and old flat frob hilight.

Here's an example of the fonts mod in use with the original game:

As for Minimalist, it's mostly an improvement for bigger GUI text. The font used for button text doesn't really show improvement but at least it has accented characters in the proper font instead of some generic glyphs copied in from elsewhere.
    Last edited by snobel; 5th Jun 2018 at 07:05.

Hello,

What can I do if the game displays a black screen when playing the movies/intros? I hear the audio track of each video, but the screen stays black. Only once I was able to watch some of the intros, after alt-tabbing from Windows, back to the game. I'm using Windows 10 64 bit 1709, Radeon RX480, 1920x1080, Radeon Adrenalin 18.5.1, Steam, Sneaky Upgrade 1.1.8.516 beta (no mods, DX8 to DX9 wrapper, fullscreen, max fps 58). I have the onboard Intel 530 GPU enabled, also connected to the same monitor. I've tried with one GPU disabled, then the other - no change. The Sneaky log doesn't show anything. I would be very grateful for any info/tips regarding this problem.

Sneaky Upgrader
    It's caused by the d3d8to9 wrapper. Rename or delete the local d3d8.dll in the System folder in the game install. You can use dgvoodoo instead, it should work for the movies too.

The wrapper was a late addition and not well tested yet. But this means that it won't make it into 1.1.9. Thanks for reporting it.

Okay, I need help with a tweak that will be quite unpopular, but hey, I'm nearly 50 - cut the old man some slack. :-)

I want the loot glint back.

I just finished a playthrough of TDP and T2 (and I did terrible, btw, I am not the Thief I was nearly 20 years ago). Anyway, so I installed TDS, installed the SneakyTweaker, and I love everything that they have done. Except I can't tell loot from worthless stuff without picking up every single object and noisily dropping it if it is worthless.

In the Collective Texture pack, the loot glint option is NOT enabled, and in the Minimalist Project the loot glint option is also NOT enabled. But the loot just doesn't sparkle like the old days.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!
    And you thought Chewie was hairy...

Sneaky Upgrader
    This is with the SU 1.1.8? Even with the options off, when you have MP enabled the glint will be enabled by distance and (I think) time. If you stand near the potential loot for a bit the glint should show.

There's no option in MP for that behaviour, so the only way to get the original glint back is to disable Minimalist. I'll check tomorrow if a manual work-around is possible.

Yes, it is SU 1.1.8. I'll look again during the Blue Heron Inn mission to see if anything is "glinting". :-) Thanks for checking for a manual work-around.

[Edit]: I looked again, I was wrong - the glint IS there. It's just really, really slow. I stood by a cup for several seconds before it winked at me. :-)
    Last edited by Chewbubba; 3rd Jun 2018 at 22:28.
    And you thought Chewie was hairy...

Sneaky Upgrader
    The loot scripts fire every one second, check the distance and turn loot glint on/off accordingly. These replacements have the distance increased so that the conditions will be met sooner. Copy into C:\ProgramData\Thief 3 Sneaky Upgrade\Installed Mods\Minimalist Project\Content\T3\TriggerScript\DynamicallyLoaded (assuming mods are installed to the default path).

Thank you!

Sneaky Upgrader
    You're welcome. As I'd already done work on Minimalist I decided to expand the MP loot glint on/off option to provide three activation distance settings - the original value, the one used in those replacement scripts and a value in between.

I've updated the beta post above accordingly but if you're currently doing a playthrough, keeping 1.1.8 is recommended.

You're welcome. As I'd already done work on Minimalist I decided to expand the MP loot glint on/off option to provide three activation distance settings - the original value, the one used in those replacement scripts and a value in between.

I've updated the beta post above accordingly but if you're currently doing a playthrough, keeping 1.1.8 is recommended.

Sorry about the late reply here, but if you still have savegames, please upload them. Preferably one from the current map and one from the previous map right before entering the current map. I'll have a look.
    I just saw this request, sorry about that. I stopped playing TDS for several months because I got hooked on Freespace Open, but I've restarted my TDS play-through now and I'm nearing the end of the Sunken Citadel.

I may still have old save games from the Day 3 city mission, so I'll try to figure out which one it is and upload it, as well as the preceding mission. It may take me some time though because I'll be out of town. Anyway, I'm certainly not at all concerned with the blackmail loot failing to regenerate because the tremendous amount of loot in this game is a bit absurd.

Sneaky Upgrader
    There's no hurry. But would be nice to be able to have a look at it.

Installed latest beta and my controller just dont work. Right stick do nothing.

Sneaky Upgrader
    There's no (intentional) controller related changes in the beta. Which type of controller? Does it work with 1.1.8?

Never tried on previous releases.

Im on gpd win 2 laptop. its a tiny pc with build in controller (an xbox 360 type). No other games have issues with it.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381318232833384344454647484950 LastLast